Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

are the texan‘s sticking with the 3-4 defense, now that wade is gone?

MaoBerry

Brian Cushing (when not injured) and JJ Watt are the stars of that defense and excel in a 3-4. I'm not sure if they could switch and be anywhere near as effective in a 4-3. They should just keep the 3-4.

Both Watt and Cushing could very easily fit in a 4-3. Cushing was a 4-3 SAM for his first couple years, and Watt can pretty much play anywhere. Really I feel like their personnel might be better suited to a 4-3 anyway, although it doesn't really matter. Outside of Watt, Cushing, Antonio Smith, and Jonathan Joseph, who do they have?

Both Watt and Cushing could very easily fit in a 4-3. Cushing was a 4-3 SAM for his first couple years, and Watt can pretty much play anywhere. Really I feel like their personnel might be better suited to a 4-3 anyway, although it doesn't really matter. Outside of Watt, Cushing, Antonio Smith, and Jonathan Joseph, who do they have?

Brooks reed

Remember when Joseph was good? 

he is terrible now 

That team will probably stay in the 3-4. They had crucial injuries on defense and if they got any help from the offense in keeping them off the field they would have been even better. They weren't exactly losing games because of that defense. Even the Denver game they were very very competitive until the offense started turning it over and going 3 and out and Peyton wore them down. Simply put a good solid offense, especially a ball control one running it like they used to would help that defense out the most. Their DL is very very good. They need some LB help outside of Cushing...I think losing Ryans hurt a lot...and of course some better secondary play would be great. I think they go qb #1 and lb/s help with the top of the second rd....and I assume they are taking Bridgewater or Manziel probably the former they should be at least a 9-7 team competing for the playoffs right away.