Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Orleans (+8) @ Seattle (1-11-14) NFC playoff

oldunclemark

This comes down to whether you think the Seattle defense can score on NOLA... I do

....Offense vs. offense....Seattle wont cover 8...but Seattle takes the ball away..

over-under is 47.5..

A Saints' win would go over...a Seattle win would be an 'under'

I would take seattle minus the points all day long. Brees is going to get hammered.

I recently had a dream that Drew Brees came over to my place for Thanksgiivng dinner. I have no idea what this could mean: maybe it's a good omen for New Orleans today.

Now if I only would have dreamt about a Colts' victory........

Did he bring his wife and her 'hot yoga pants' ?

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't even watch this game, but I knew the Saints were going to lose. I'm sure my old bashing of them is not missed on here, but I had no hope going into that game. Seattle was clearly the better team, and when i watched what was recorded of the 4th quarter, I was not impressed with the Saints play calling.

This got me banned from a Saints forum, so don't take this too seriously when I say that the writing was on the wall for this game. The Saints had major issues all season long with Brees keying on Jimmy Graham (didn't I talk about this? I can't remember if I did or not) and I clearly seen this in what I recorded from the game. Two dropped interceptions on passes to Graham that could have easily crippled the Saints big time (like they weren't already crippled enough at 16 to zero). This is what hurt them big time in Philly when they had the opportunity to send the game into a blow out and Brees threw some horrible interceptions in the first half (the Saints would have blew them out if it weren't for first half mistakes)

The defense played a better game than they did in Qwest stadium in the regular season but that don't mean that blown coverage is not an issue. When I bring this up around Saints fans, I get called a troll and so forth, but the Saints clearly have had these problems going on for 4 years now and it was a problem in what little bit I saw of this game.

I'm glad it's over to be honest. They won a playoff game on the road and I am happy about that. I didn't have high expectations going into this season, but ending the year with a top 5 ranked defense that still has a lot of problems (blown coverage and lack of turnovers) is very impressive. They may have been hit hard with kryptonite in most road games, but hey you take what you can get. It's better than another losing season, and I'm just thankful they won a playoff game on the road and finally got over that hump.

I didn't expect them to really make noise going into this season, and I am happy they proved me wrong. In the end, they lost to a better team who not only dismantled them, but in all honesty destroyed us....twice. I have to give credit to Seattle. I bashed them all year long over and over and over and in the end I get to eat the crow cause they were a better team, and they beat the Saints into the ground. The final score may have been close, but don't kid yourself. Two dropped interceptions and the fact they were up 16-0 going late in the game proves that Seattle mauled them. Hopefully Seattle takes it on home and wins the Super Bowl.