Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stampede Blue: Having An Opinion On Someone's Opnion Of Your Opnion Is Bad Journalism

GoGoColts

Now hold on... we ALL liven now in the information age. And after a 62-7 butt whoopping a leader on the team even utters the words "outcoached" ... it is news.

Sorry Jeff.... but .....

It's true...

So what? What's your point?

Jeff said "outcoached," and he was absolutely right. I don't get what the big deal is.

Jeff said "outcoached," and he was absolutely right. I don't get what the big deal is.

I agree. Saturday did say we were outcoached. Most people who saw that game would have to agree. We made no in-game adjustments (for instance, allowing our first time, second year corner to go one on one with the Saints receivers, continuing to play 8-10 yards off the LOS, even when the Saints were on the 6 yard line and giving up two uncontested TDs because of that silly scheme, we continue to take Mathis and Freeny out on almost every other play; of course the Saints used these opportunities to pass because our replacements couldn't rush...etc). Note to the Colts - can't Freeney and Mathis play more than 40% of the defensive snaps? I thought they were paid to be full time defensive starters. These same shortcomings have shown up week and week and our HC and DC will not change the game plan, scheme or personnel.

Yes we were outcoached in the Saints games and IMHO, have been outcoached whenever Caldwell steps on the field. Manning was sort of the eqaualizer but now that he is hurt the full extent of just how bad the personnel is and how badly the coaching is has been exposed to the world.

That is pretty disgusting on the part of BBS. He took a quote out of context and he knows it. Rather than owning up to it, he's saying it's "inappropriate' for Jeff to respond? Just added Stampede Blue to the list I have for blogs that have an agenda and will do anything for that agenda and pageviews........including lies. not worth reading

I didn't read the part that said he it was inappropriate for Jeff to respond. If jeff said we were out coached it was probably true. Me, myself, have no issues with him saying that our coach got out coached. Caldwell does all the time. I don't think that it was taken out of context. How do you take "we got out coached" out of context anyways?... The only issue I have with jeff is that hes trying to defend his statement. When imo, he should own up to it. From the beginning... Because Sunday night? We got Majorly out coached, and out played... No issues here. Im ready for the off season changes that will, hopefully come.

I don't think that it was taken out of context. How do you take "we got out coached" out of context anyways?... The only issue I have with jeff is that hes trying to defend his statement. When imo, he should own up to it.

So you think that Saturday secretly shares your dislike for the coaches, the words slipped out by accident, and now he is cowardly trying to lie his way out of it? That's a horrifically inaccurate and insulting miss-understanding of the circumstances, and perfectly re-enforces the idea of WHY Saturday got upset in the first place.

It was out of context in that the meaning and purpose of Saturday's full comments were to accept responsibility for his own role in the loss while saying that the entire organization had utterly failed. It was honest, reasonable, and exactly what the team and the fans needed to hear. He was acting as the honorable, responsible, mature team leader that is obviously is and has always been.

The words that BBS chose to extract may have been accurate, but by themselves the effect (and I'm sure BBSs goal) was to make Saturday sound more like a Terrell Owens style narcissistic loser who delights in pointing fingers at anyone but himself. In this case his BOSS, which is inappropriate on a whole different level. The effect was to potentially damage Saturday's reputation with the entire organization and fan base. Your comments are a perfect example of the effect.

Thus BBS's actions in effect created an inaccurate and unflattering portrayal of Saturday. Jeff not only had every right and reason to express anger and clarify his position, I wouldn't blame him at all if he (or his lawyer, or at least his rather large right fist) were to contact BBS personally. But how he corrects the damage with fans like yourself I have no idea.

lets say someone tells a reporter "bernie madoff scammed me out of money, but i should have known better and done a better job of researching him." then the reporter writes "madoff scammes this person." in a article. is that being misquoted or taken out of context? the guy is saying he has some of the blame.

lets say someone tells a reporter "bernie madoff scammed me out of money, but i should have known better and done a better job of researching him." then the reporter writes "madoff scammes this person." in a article. is that being misquoted or taken out of context? the guy is saying he has some of the blame.

That's not comparable. Your example is more like if Saturday said "The Saints humiliated the Colts the other night, but we deserved it - myself and the entire team and coaching staff did a horrible job". And the headline was "Saturday: the Colts were humiliated by the Saints". Neither involve taking something out of context, they're both examples of standard news reporting. Journalists are supposed to report facts, not extract and twist to support their personal believes. This is a perfect example of the difference between actual journalists and "opinionated fans with a website".

Edited by MAC

That's not comparable. Your example is more like if Saturday said "The Saints humiliated the Colts the other night, but we deserved it - myself and the entire team and coaching staff did a horrible job". And the headline was "Saturday: the Colts were humiliated by the Saints". Neither involve taking something out of context, they're both examples of standard news reporting. Journalists are supposed to report facts, not extract and twist to support their personal believes. This is a perfect example of the difference between actual journalists and "opinionated fans with a website".

I haven't seen the actual quote of what Saturday said. Haven't seen a transcript of the interview. All I've seen is the word "out-coached" in quotations, attributing it to Saturday.

It's likely that Jeff said "we were outplayed, out-coached, out-everything'd tonight, and that's why we got beat like that." Something to that effect. It's highly unlikely that Jeff said "we lost because we were out-coached," which would be calling out the coach. It would be what the resident blowhard at Stampede Blue is suggesting it is. But no one is wiling to give Saturday's comment in its entirety.

IF he did say what I think he said, or something like it, then his words are being taken out of context.

And just to be clear, had he said "we were out-coached," and that was it, he would have been 100% correct. Everyone knows that.

it's pretty clear that some people care way too much about what a blog posts. who really cares what someone says on a blog!. it's like people that get all bent out of shape because someone says something about them on a forum. getting mad at someone you have never met and probably never will. no wonder the country is headed where it is.

Guess Superman don't listen to Indy sports talk radio....???

it was "only" the "main topic" from Monday to Wed.

And the "big deal" is that this team is crumbling.... This game at Tenn. is HUGE on a few different levels.

Guess Superman don't listen to Indy sports talk radio....???

it was "only" the "main topic" from Monday to Wed.

And the "big deal" is that this team is crumbling.... This game at Tenn. is HUGE on a few different levels.

What does that have to do with what Jeff Saturday said? Were we outcoached? Yes! So what if he said it? It's true. Next topic.

You have never played organized sports......

???

And no, I don't listen to Indy talk radio. I'm not in Indy.