Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Philip Rivers Mic'd Up

Girlzarefanstoo

I like what they're doing in San Diego.  I'm a big fan of McCoy, Whisenhunt, and Tom Telesco.  I'm happy for Charger fans because I think their team has underperformed year after year and now they seem to be getting things on track.  It's a huge bummer that Freeney couldn't remain a part of the team this year, but hopefully he comes back strong next season

I like what they're doing in San Diego.  I'm a big fan of McCoy, Whisenhunt, and Tom Telesco.  I'm happy for Charger fans because I think their team has underperformed year after year and now they seem to be getting things on track.  It's a huge bummer that Freeney couldn't remain a part of the team this year, but hopefully he comes back strong next season

I can't say I feel bad for SD considering how many problems they have always given us....I feel sorry for Oakland and Cleveland fans who desearve better lol....oh and that Buffalo fan that comes on here...but yes SD seemed to overachieve this year as opposed to under and that reflects well on the coaching staff. 

Yeah, Freeney showed a lot of promise early in the year the injury was heart-breaking though not unexpected with his history.  I sincerely hope he's coming back - he had a lot to do with growing up some of our young guys.  We're a young team.  Only 6 guys remain from the 13-3 playoff team.  

Going into the playoffs we're minus one choking field goal kicker (GOOD)

We're minus some less than stellar character guys that made stupid, emotional penalties in the playoffs (GOOD) 

We're healthier than I can ever remember us being going into the playoffs, minus some great starters but we've been able to move on (GOOD)

We've had to play much harder this year, no walk-in-the-park division (GOOD)

Our strength of schedule I think was very high (GOOD)

Weather - we've played a couple cold weather games this year and won both of them, so feeling okay about that but who knows.

Now I hope we didn't use up all the luck and fairy dust last weekend to get into the ballroom....

Audrey

would you like me to post some videos of phillips sportsmanship

Old stuff, wasn't true at the time and you know NOTHING of the man or his sportmanship. 

I understand Colt's fans "thought" he cussed them out or flipped them off or something, but he didn't.  He doesn't use any word tougher than "Golly" and he was young and fiesty at the time.  If you don't care enough to know the real man inside the uniform than your opinion is just that and bears no resemblance to fact.

Add to that, I don't care how much I might dislike a person or player I would never wish ill to them.   PERIOD.

No.  Class.

Old stuff, wasn't true at the time and you know NOTHING of the man or his sportmanship. 

I understand Colt's fans "thought" he cussed them out or flipped them off or something, but he didn't.  He doesn't use any word tougher than "Golly" and he was young and fiesty at the time.  If you don't care enough to know the real man inside the uniform than your opinion is just that and bears no resemblance to fact.

Add to that, I don't care how much I might dislike a person or player I would never wish ill to them.   PERIOD.

No.  Class.

I hate that about this board sometimes...it's one thing to root against or for a team...its another to wish an injury or ill on someone...regardless of what someone thinks of another player. I've seen it with RGIII, Ray Lewis, Tom Brady, and this and it doesn't represent most of us....you get all types on this board...but we all know the posts don't represent everyone...just one person's opinion. I admire River's fight and fiestiness...lol if that's a word...sometimes it seems very "in your face" so I can see how some like to rub it in for him to lose too....I think it is hard for a lot around here because we always had Peyton who seems the same "gracious" winner/loser. We also wildly love Larry Bird around here and he was probably one of the cockiest, trash talkers there is and a good ol Indiana boy so we can be really hypocritical lol....sorry!

I hate that about this board sometimes...it's one thing to root against or for a team...its another to wish an injury or ill on someone...regardless of what someone thinks of another player. I've seen it with RGIII, Ray Lewis, Tom Brady, and this and it doesn't represent most of us....you get all types on this board...but we all know the posts don't represent everyone...just one person's opinion. I admire River's fight and fiestiness...lol if that's a word...sometimes it seems very "in your face" so I can see how some like to rub it in for him to lose too....I think it is hard for a lot around here because we always had Peyton who seems the same "gracious" winner/loser. We also wildly love Larry Bird around here and he was probably one of the cockiest, trash talkers there is and a good ol Indiana boy so we can be really hypocritical lol....sorry!

Thanks - I've been around here for I'm guessing maybe 5 years?  So I know the truth of what you're saying.  AND I totally get "hating" a player that beats you in a normal, sportsmanlike fashion.  I "hate" Brady, only because he has ended our dreams way too many times :-)  Have I ever dreamed of sending someone out with a baseball bat to take him out - of course not and the year he was out I was sorry for him and their team.

A local sports personality summed up Rivers something like this, "He's the guy who's in the car next to you all animated, pounding on the steering wheel and seemingly screaming angrily to AC/DC - then you role down the window and he's singing to some Disney tune."  He's passionate in a very wholesome, clean and fun-loving way.  I swear he's a throwback to the 50s.  Have you ever heard someone in your adult life say things like "Golly,"  "Gee whiz" or "Gol darn it?"  How about, "That was a good old-fashioned rear end whippin'?" 

He's an amazing Dad (7 kids).  Philanthropist.  Team leader, talk about humility - you will NEVER hear him take credit for any win, throw or accomplishment and you will never hear him throw a teammate under the bus no matter how stupid something they have done or how much it impacted the outcome of a game or season.

Okay, I'll shut up now.  I like my guy.  Some people here don't.  I can handle it I'm a big girl :-)