Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chanting "fire Caldwell!" During The Next Home Game, Speed Things Up?

joo 2h

I know dont know about you guys, but i think this is a great way to get the Media attention. The more the media write post and blogs on how badly the colts coaching staff has been the better. Maybe this will get the media to really rip the staff to get jim caldwell out the door.

Even if its not in-season, but at the end of this season i do not want to see him back. And who knows, Chris might be able to take over his father bill, job as GM at the end of this season as well.

This is how we the fans can make are voice herd. When Jim Irsay see this durning the game, im sure this will make him get the picture,

Edited by joo 2h

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would actually buy a ticket and go to the game just to be part of the "Fire Caldwell!" chant. Let me know how many are involved and I'll start looking for tickets.

Heck, it would fun to yell it in a public setting rather than me sitting in my living room, screaming it to Bob Lamey on the radio broadcast last sunday night.

Edited by sfergson727

I would actually buy a ticket and go to the game just to be part of the "Fire Caldwell!" chant. Let me know how many are involved and I'll start looking for tickets.

Great, It only takes one person at the stadium to get this started

Fans will do it, but it won't impact on what Irsay and Polian decide. It's their team and up to them to decide it's direction, as fans we just sit back and watch and enjoy. Overall fans opinions means very little in the overall operation of any sports team.

Fans will do it, but it won't impact on what Irsay and Polian decide. It's their team and up to them to decide it's direction, as fans we just sit back and watch and enjoy. Overall fans opinions means very little in the overall operation of any sports team.

When season ticket holder's make a statement and money is on the line,i disagree.

I know dont know about you guys, but i think this is a great way to get the Media attention. The more the media write post and blogs on how badly the colts coaching staff has been the better. Maybe this will get the media to really rip the staff to get jim caldwell out the door.

Even if its not in-season, but at the end of this season i do not want to see him back. And who knows, Chris might be able to take over his father bill, job as GM at the end of this season as well.

This is how we the fans can make are voice herd. When Jim Irsay see this durning the game, im sure this will make him get the picture,

Dear God. You don't think they are already aware of fan sentiment? This ain't a good idea.

How many season ticket holders do you think will not renew in the offseason if JC is back as head coach?

I think most season ticket holders are fans and have been for years. It is not easy becoming a sth. Not supporting the head coach has nothing to do with supporting the team.

Guys dont get me wrong, ALL of us pay the colts in some way, even if by just watching the game on tv, or by paying for a jersey. I feel that we have the right to protest if we feel that a guy that who we help pay salary, is doing a bad job and needs to go.

Edited by joo 2h

I think most season ticket holders are fans and have been for years. It is not easy becoming a sth. Not supporting the head coach has nothing to do with supporting the team.

Coltssouth is right, We are Fans of the TEAM not Jim Caldwell, We want Caldwell gone, just wait to you see the look on his face. I bet he will just stand there and clap, just like he did when we batch the snap in the game last week.

Edited by joo 2h

My 4 tickets will be FOR SALE if Caldwell is not fired before my bill gets here in February.

I think you would be in the minority. I think the view of JC by fans in general won't impact their decision to keep or let go of their seasons tickets or to purchase tix. I am finally going to be able to see a game this season and really don't care that JC is the coach and they are not playing well, going to an NFL game is an experience that only happens 8 times a year on average. Heck I drive round trip to cincy and back 4-5 times a year to see my Reds and I Hate, I mean really Hate their manager and GM, but it doesn't stop me from going.

Guys dont get me wrong, ALL of us pay the colts in some way, even if by just watching the game on tv, or by paying for a jersey. I feel that we have the right to protest if we feel that a guy that who we help pay salary, is doing a bad job and needs to go.

This is also a kind of a myth. If NFL teams relied soley on ticket sales they wouldn't be able to operate. The salaries are paid for by other means of income. Ticket sales are important, but TV revenue is much more important.

No they are not, that is a myth. Any sports team that leaves up how it makes decisions by fan view are doomed to be bad.

Its not only the fans that think he is doing a bad job. nfl analysis, Old NFL Coaches, even Colts players are now Starting to speak up like Jeff staurday, and im sure alot of other player would be talking right now as well.

We are still talking about a 0-7 coach heading to more losses,i am not talking about day to day operations that the fan's need to be involved with. Just the firing of a below average head coach.

But the fans are not the ones who should be making that call. They don't have all the facts, they don't know what is going on inside the organziation. The fans have 1 simple basic job...show up and support the team. That is our job as fans. Jim Irsay employees people with the knowledge adn ability to decide whom should or shouldn't be coaching this team. That is their job.

Its not only the fans that think he is doing a bad job. nfl analysis, Old NFL Coaches, even Colts players are now Starting to speak up like Jeff staurday, and im sure alot of other player would be talking right now as well.

If the players feel that JC is a bad coach they could have him fired tomorrow. all they have to do is tell Polian, either he goes or we don't play. They have that power...

If the players feel that JC is a bad coach they could have him fired tomorrow. all they have to do is tell Polian, either he goes or we don't play. They have that power...

lol,what a inane comment,saturday said we were outcoached.That is a direct shot at the coach.The front office see's no reason {i guess}to relieve him of his duties at midseason.But after week 17 he will be fired.

While it's true that as fans, we don't have all the facts. However, we are not lemmings who blindly follow and cheer as we supposidly improve six inches at a time. Why on earth would you support the kind of product that we saw last Sunday? I love the Colts, but I won't pretend that it's okay that they got blown to bitty bits by the Saints. Kiss mod edit is not in my job description as a fan. If I am displeased, I will voice my opinion, loudly. I will not stare off in the distance and shout an uninspired Yea! as they lose by 50 plus points against the Titans next week.

But the fans are not the ones who should be making that call. They don't have all the facts, they don't know what is going on inside the organziation. The fans have 1 simple basic job...show up and support the team. That is our job as fans. Jim Irsay employees people with the knowledge adn ability to decide whom should or shouldn't be coaching this team. That is their job.

You do not need to be a football insider to see he is a horrible coach,polian will release him,the fans are frustrated.

This is also a kind of a myth. If NFL teams relied soley on ticket sales they wouldn't be able to operate. The salaries are paid for by other means of income. Ticket sales are important, but TV revenue is much more important.

Oh, absoulutely. But make no mistake, butts in the seats is a mearsure of the popularity of the team and its saleability to the TV coverages, and that IS a big deal. It impacts all other sales after revenue sharing. They work VERY hard to put fans in the seats.

Lucas Oil Stadium seats roughly 65,000, 10 home games, $100 per seat avg. (prolly a little low). That comes out to about 65 mil. Pays about half the cap. Add parking, concessions, (about $40 per ticket) and total prolly comes to about 90 mil or so in-house income for the season. That's a pretty good start.toward covering expenses.

Make no mistake they definitely want my mod edit in the seat.

While I certainly want him gone and he should be gone NOW but I think I would prefer he get fired AFTER the season. We are not going anywhere this year anyway so why screw up our great draft picks? If another coach comes in now and half knows what they are doing we might win 4-5 games and part of our only silver lining for this season gone or lessened anyway. If we are going to suffer through this nightmare season I want a little compensation next year.

Wow,really?This idea is right up there with suck for luck.If you're a true Colts fan,there wouldn't even be any consideration to doing this.So get on TV and misrepresent the majority of the Blue Nation,ya sure,go for it,then we'll be as good as NE.

Edited by coltsfan84

I think you would be in the minority. I think the view of JC by fans in general won't impact their decision to keep or let go of their seasons tickets or to purchase tix. I am finally going to be able to see a game this season and really don't care that JC is the coach and they are not playing well, going to an NFL game is an experience that only happens 8 times a year on average. Heck I drive round trip to cincy and back 4-5 times a year to see my Reds and I Hate, I mean really Hate their manager and GM, but it doesn't stop me from going.

Buying season tickets and paying for a reduced ticket because the team sucks are two totally different things. Are you saying you'd rather have the team continue to suck under the current regime just so you can get cheap tickets? Season ticket holders make a big investment in the team. It doesn't mean that the team should always win but they should at least put a good product out there.

Buying season tickets and paying for a reduced ticket because the team sucks are two totally different things. Are you saying you'd rather have the team continue to suck under the current regime just so you can get cheap tickets? Season ticket holders make a big investment in the team. It doesn't mean that the team should always win but they should at least put a good product out there.

Your right, This is the main problem right now, Jim Caldwell and his staff just made us all look bad in front of the world. My god im sure bill belichick will run the score up when we play them, How embarrassing that will be in NE to see there fans talk about how they droped 60+ points on us.

Majority of us want Caldwell out but I can't do the man like this. It just don't sit well with me personally but HC is a brutal position ... do what u gotta do by all means fellow Colts fans

I agree...I couldn't do it either. I want the man gone but not to the point of being personally involved in his public humiliation. The team that's being fielded is public humiliation enough.

I also agree with most that chances are no coaching changes will be made mid-season but if they decided to I don't think it would be the mistake many people make it out to be except in the regard that we'd be limited on our options. So it all comes down to who they are willing to consider for the position. However, if they were to decide they definitely want one of the veteran coaches (Gruden, Cowher, Billick, Fisher etc) and they were able to bring him in mid-season then no, that probably won't affect the number of wins/losses but it would give the new coach a huge head-start on player evaluation and determining how to change/modify the offensive and defensive schemes to fit around the talent we have. It would also give them a head-start in determining what type of new talent and at what positions we need to focus on in the off-season.

Your right, This is the main problem right now, Jim Caldwell and his staff just made us all look bad in front of the world. My god im sure bill belichick will run the score up when we play them, How embarrassing that will be in NE to see there fans talk about how they droped 60+ points on us.

I know. I could have sworn that Brees pulled a Michael Jordan and threw some passes with his eyes shut!

Heck I drive round trip to cincy and back 4-5 times a year to see my Reds and I Hate, I mean really Hate their manager and GM

You hate the only manager and GM that's seen the Reds into the playoffs in 20 years? Wow, you're hard to please my friend.