Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tamba Hali SHUTDOWN

TKnight24

I too was wondering why no one mentioned this. But then I remembered, the media doesn't care for the Colts no matter who we beat.

@HolderStephen: This got glossed over on Sunday.... #Colts' Anthony Castonzo shuts down Chiefs' Tamba Hali http://t.co/Fj2wXPgoIG via @indystar

And they had the audacity to put this guy over Robert Mathis in the DPOY race? Robert Mathis showed him up Sunday. Mathis clearly had the better game

I'm selfish, so I don't mind not sharing the Colts with the media.

Did Mathis ever get credit for the sack/fumble?

Okay found it. Here's Kevin Bowen's perspective

@KBowenColts: Make that 2 interceptions for Freeman. Could change if the interception due to the Robert Mathis hit is officially ruled a strip/sack.

A fan tweeted him the same question you asked and here's his response to it

@KBowenColts: @_CHRISpy_Kreme With the holiday, might not be till Thursday. In my opinion, it should definitely be a strip/sack for Mathis.

So the league probably won't change it/review it until Thursday since it's the holidays

Hope that answers your question :)

Okay found it. Here's Kevin Bowen's perspective

@KBowenColts: Make that 2 interceptions for Freeman. Could change if the interception due to the Robert Mathis hit is officially ruled a strip/sack.

A fan tweeted him the same question you asked and here's his response to it

@KBowenColts: @_CHRISpy_Kreme With the holiday, might not be till Thursday. In my opinion, it should definitely be a strip/sack for Mathis.

So the league probably won't change it/review it until Thursday since it's the holidays

Hope that answers your question :)

Just read (Kevin Bowen) that Mathis got the strip/sack.  That gives him 17.5, behind Quinn's 18.

Hali has been a non-factor since Houston went out. Really its no shocker that Castanzo handled him. Not really newsworthy.

I didn't think Castonzo handled him, personally. Did okay, but we helped him with scheme and double teams, which is good coaching, not a knock on Castonzo. Hali worked Castonzo out a couple times that I saw, but Luck was able to get rid of the ball. 

I didn't think Castonzo handled him, personally. Did okay, but we helped him with scheme and double teams, which is good coaching, not a knock on Castonzo. Hali worked Castonzo out a couple times that I saw, but Luck was able to get rid of the ball.

True. Either way, Hali not beating the line on his own is basically par for the course. Unlike Mathis, he actually needs his bookend rusher.

If you read some the Chiefs forum many are crying that "one of the ways they got robbed in that game" was that Hali was held on every play and the refs never called it.  I wanted to post a response about how Hali doesn't get held any worse than Mathis did and does every game (but was to lazy to sign up for membership to their forum).