Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Detroit Lions

chadedward

Textbook case in how not to run a franchise. What kind of HC takes issue with fans booing him? Your product on the field is awful with no sense of discipline or structure. Clean the coaching decks & start over. 

Fans pay good money for tickets, food, parking, Lions merchandise, & they expect results...

Jim Schwartz believes that the season is not a failure... :lol:  :funny:  lmao  are you kidding me?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10187382/jim-schwartz-detroit-lions-call-season-failure

Jim has other work to do...like what? Clean out your office you mean....

http://www.detroitlions.com/media-center/videos/Belle-Tire-Monday-Press-Conference-Week-16-Pt-4/a743c4d1-5f77-4b92-bcf8-0b44bf88119f

Schwartz was a guy I really liked, but the results speak for themselves. I'll be putting him next to Mike Singletary on my list of "coaches I thought were good and on a good team" list. 

If history is any indication the new HC will make the Lions one of the top teams in the league, and appear in a SB.

I thought of my forum friend MCF last night when the NY Giants kicked that game winning FG. Sorry MCF...You didn't deserve that debacle. It was a humiliating disgrace. If I was ownership, I would have pulled Jim Schwartz aside & asked him: Give me 5 reasons why I shouldn't fire your caboose right now & it had better be pretty darn convincing & compelling. "You have 3 minutes go"...

Dripping with so much athletic talent on that roster & nothing to show for it...Pathetic...Jim has been there long enough to prove himself. Cut him now. Plus, Eli Manning has a record number of interceptions this year & Big Blue still stomps you at Ford home field. Really? SMH...

Does Jim take any responsibility at all for this heavily penalized, easily distracted, band of misfits that he created or allowed to run amok? I highly doubt it.

The 1st step in solving a problem is admitting that you have 1 Jim: Never let the inmates like Suh run the asylum. Break him now. Suh needs to know who is in charge & if he acts foolish crack the whip ASAP. [That's a reference to a lack of order & discipline that must be restored with the new Detroit HC BTW.] 

Sadly my nephew came over to watch the game with my son. They're both Lions fans and I felt bad for the kids. Even I was "yelling" at the TV when they sat on the ball at the end of regulation. Cool side note: We actually got to meet Stafford in the Super Bowl Village. Much bigger in real life :)

Sadly my nephew came over to watch the game with my son. They're both Lions fans and I felt bad for the kids. Even I was "yelling" at the TV when they sat on the ball at the end of regulation. Cool side note: We actually got to meet Stafford in the Super Bowl Village. Much bigger in real life :)

I do feel bad for you, your son, & your nephew chadedward. I was actually rooting for the NY Giants last night, but that game left a bitter taste in my mouth. Why? The whole game was sloppy & the Lions still missed ample opportunities to win the game & take command of their division & they just collapsed. No other word for it. A bitter self inflicted defeat is what I detest the most...

Hopefully, things will look brighter in the heart of motor & Motown city next year. With the right authority figure in place, it should be a quick turn around in Detroit. Your son & your nephew will be smiling soon. If Tom Coughlin gets fired in NY, he'd be a perfect fit there IMO.

Maybe if the Jets let Rex go Detroit will pick him up. I think Woody will want to keep him but Idzik might finally get to bring his own guy in. I personally like Rex and think his personality could fit Detroit. Plus Rex's done a lot with a team that was suppose to finish last.

I don't think he's so much a bad coach as he's too emotional to be a head coach.  He's like a fan coaching a team.  Lets his emotions guide his game time decisions.

I don't think he knows what he is doing.  That team has a fair bit of talent, but they have underperformed consistently.  I do agree with your assessment though