Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Happened In 2 Yrs?

tonychen

Actually less than 2 yrs ago we played a close game with these saints and lost in the 4th qtr. Today the game was over in less than 15 min. We are w/o minning, but the saints r much much better as a team than 2yrs ago, adding bunch of play makers. And they r maybe only one of the top 5 teams in today's nfl.

The sweet colts era is over. The team looks like dear grandpa's oldsmobile without its engine (peyton manning). Even if this car were still runnable, I just don't see it can keep up with others. What shall the organization do?

Other than Peyton Manning, I don't think much has changed at all. I think if Peyton were playing, we would probably be 5-2. These problems were always here. The days of the Colts blowing out teams have been gone for years. It has been coming down to the last drive. Without Peyton, we aren't winning those games.

Other than Peyton Manning, I don't think much has changed at all. I think if Peyton were playing, we would probably be 5-2. These problems were always here. The days of the Colts blowing out teams have been gone for years. It has been coming down to the last drive. Without Peyton, we aren't winning those games.

Pass D has gotten worse., Run D has gotten better (Not saying much), O-Line has gotten worse., LB core has gotten worse.

Yeah, a lot has changed. Too many questionable moves.

If you look at the last couple of years, how many Colts games are life and death until the last drive? The defensive being ripped apart?

I honestly thinking if Manning were playing, people would be talking about the improved Colts this year. The better running attack. The better run support. The defense wouldn't be ripped as bad because the offense would move the ball more and hold onto it longer. The Tampa-2 defense run as been a problem for years. Just with no offensive scoring, it makes it so much worse.

If you look at the last couple of years, how many Colts games are life and death until the last drive? The defensive being ripped apart?

I honestly thinking if Manning were playing, people would be talking about the improved Colts this year. The better running attack. The better run support. The defense wouldn't be ripped as bad because the offense would move the ball more and hold onto it longer. The Tampa-2 defense run as been a problem for years. Just with no offensive scoring, it makes it so much worse.

I agree this team has been improved in some phases, and if peyton were here he could have at least kept us in the competition and win us another playoff berth since the afc south sucks in general, but I just don't see this team anywhere need the top nfl elite teams anymore since other teams have been improved even more.

Actually less than 2 yrs ago we played a close game with these saints and lost in the 4th qtr. Today the game was over in less than 15 min. We are w/o minning, but the saints r much much better as a team than 2yrs ago, adding bunch of play makers. And they r maybe only one of the top 5 teams in today's nfl.

The sweet colts era is over. The team looks like dear grandpa's oldsmobile without its engine (peyton manning). Even if this car were still runnable, I just don't see it can keep up with others. What shall the organization do?

WTH does minning mean?

Bro, the defense has ALWAYS been ripped except for certain moments in the past. It is obvious this team has gotten worse over the years. Yeah, Peyton would have beaten the Chiefs, Browns, and any other sucky team we played, but that is not saying anything. Only thing I can see actually helping Manning this year is the better run game and run defense, but whats the point of having a better run defense when you any QB can 250 yds just by throwing against our marshmellow defense!?

IMO, it would be worse for me to watch Peyton play his heart with this team and lose because he has little talent around him.

Bro, the defense has ALWAYS been ripped except for certain moments in the past. It is obvious this team has gotten worse over the years. Yeah, Peyton would have beaten the Chiefs, Browns, and any other sucky team we played, but that is not saying anything. Only thing I can see actually helping Manning this year is the better run game and run defense, but whats the point of having a better run defense when you any QB can 250 yds just by throwing against our marshmellow defense!?

IMO, it would be worse for me to watch Peyton play his heart with this team and lose because he has little talent around him.

They said last night that the Colts have the longest running streak of games giving up 20+ points. I believe it was over 20+ games, which covers most of last season.

This team has gotten much worse despite Manning.

A clue for Irsay; They're called undrafted free agents for a reason! They're undrafted because they suck. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

The same problems that we've had in previous seasons have been amplified.

We've had poor or declining players in a number of positions, and they've only gotten worse. It's been obvious for 3 seasons we've had problems in the secondary, but nothing has been done to address this...infact, we've lost some of the better players we've had in it! Players like Reggie Wayne do not offer as much as they once did, but yet they're retained year after year!

We continue to draft very poorly also. It's not rocket science, poor drafting for years in a row is going to lead to problems all over the field.

This is what occurs when you hand the team off from a great coach to "next man up" vs. going out and getting the best coach. Having Manning out amplifies the Colts' problems but the arrow for this team has been pointing down since Dungy left.

This is the end result of years of our HC thinking the problem is "we got to block better, tackle better" talk. Jim Caldwell is a good man but an absolutely clueless HC. It is not his fault it is Polian's because this is what Polian wants. A puppet that will do whatever Polian wants and not question a thing.

The FO does not like to keep good DB's in indy. They pay our 5 top players the money and the rest of the players are bums and UFA's.

FO should just resign and let someone else improve this team. Polian brought us the right players to win the SB, but he has become comfortable and spoiled and hasn;t done anything as far as improvemets in the last 3 years.

Yeah our quarterback threw an interception for a TD.

This is what occurs when you hand the team off from a great coach to "next man up" vs. going out and getting the best coach. Having Manning out amplifies the Colts' problems but the arrow for this team has been pointing down since Dungy left.

This is the end result of years of our HC thinking the problem is "we got to block better, tackle better" talk. Jim Caldwell is a good man but an absolutely clueless HC. It is not his fault it is Polian's because this is what Polian wants. A puppet that will do whatever Polian wants and not question a thing.

To be honest I never thought coaching is that big a problem for this team since Peyton is our actual coach. However when he cannot get on the field the problem reveals - for me it is the level of talent. We just cannot execute anything right. Especially when our OK players are injured we are filled with plays that should have no business in any NFL team.

The FO does not like to keep good DB's in indy. They pay our 5 top players the money and the rest of the players are bums and UFA's.

FO should just resign and let someone else improve this team. Polian brought us the right players to win the SB, but he has become comfortable and spoiled and hasn;t done anything as far as improvemets in the last 3 years.

I just dont remember which of the early round draft picks after our SB win has been contributing. They have missed a bunch of times in a row and we suck at team talent level.