Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Session/AJ or... Brandon Mebane

Brett Snyder

Personally, I've expected this so far, these.. disappointing first days of "Free Agency." I new it was to good to be true when we heared that we could really go out and make moves in FA. Really though, I think it's a bit worse then I thought. So far, Bob Sanders to the Chargers and as it stands Session to the Jags. My two favorite defensive players both gone.

Now towards the topic. Say we don't sign Session/Muir/Antonio Johnson, I'd think we'd almost have to sign someone. Hypothetically, would you guys rather have Clint Session and Antonio Johnson resigned, or the addition of Brandon MeBane?

i would go with brandon mebane. i think he is better than mookie and stopping the run is a must. that would be a nice dt group with mebane, moala, nevis, foster and mathews. but even if we loose guys like session, muir and antonio johnson there is still no way we can afford mebane.

i would go with brandon mebane. i think he is better than mookie and stopping the run is a must. that would be a nice dt group with mebane, moala, nevis, foster and mathews. but even if we loose guys like session, muir and antonio johnson there is still no way we can afford mebane.

Well I'm kind of thinking there combined salary total would add up to around 12+mill a season. You think MeBane would be asking Aso money?

Well...I still don't think we'd be able to afford Mebane, but I'd go with him here. The addition of an elite (is he elite?) DT would make our defense very formidable. It would help EVERYONE on defense. Opposing QB wouldn't be able to step-up into the pocket to avoid Freeney and Mathis near as often, and runs up the middle wont be as effective. With a Dline like that, we wouldn't need great linebackers, though it would be nice to have them...

Improved defensive tackle play will help improve the play of our linebackers. Mebane would come in and demand the attention of the OL. No longer would a guard or center be able to punk our DT and quickly get their hat on our linebacker.

As much as a like Session I would give him up in a heart beat for improved DT play.

Freeney, Mebane, Moala, and Mathis would be a nice defensive line to see out there.

Sadly, with Manning's contract looming they are not going to sign someone like Mebane. We all need to just come to terms with that and realize thinking about it is just fantasy land.

Mebane. We can replace Session with Conner and not suffer a ton for it, and Mebane is going to make an immediate impact on the D-line, which is in turn going to increase Freeney and Mathis' effectiveness.

Well said. In my opinion, it is easier to find a good linebacker than it is a good DT

i think our 3 guys (sess, muir, john) are all just serviceable guys. i like johnson the best outta the 3. and i think every1 needs 2 scrap the idea of mebane..its not gonna happen. what i would like 2 see would be the colts go out n sign tommie harris who has lost some abilities but would be cheap since hes coming off surgery and is known as a dynamic player. the more dynamic players the better, obviously, but i dont think our 3 guys (sess, muir, johnson) are dynamic in any circumstance. then if you get 25 plays out of harris a game then great. we still got foster who is totally underrated as a playmaker and moala and nevis..that said GO COLTS!!!

Improved defensive tackle play will help improve the play of our linebackers. Mebane would come in and demand the attention of the OL. No longer would a guard or center be able to punk our DT and quickly get their hat on our linebacker.

As much as a like Session I would give him up in a heart beat for improved DT play.

Freeney, Mebane, Moala, and Mathis would be a nice defensive line to see out there.

Sadly, with Manning's contract looming they are not going to sign someone like Mebane. We all need to just come to terms with that and realize thinking about it is just fantasy land.

I agree, its just me hoping and dreaming.