Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How I would fix the OL

I am all for Mack if we can get him, but we need to look at another FA if we can't get him and not rely on a rookie. (Depending on Holmes)

Someone like Dominic Raiola on a 1 year deal .... Until Holmes or drafted rookie get up to speed

or someone like Evan Dietrich-Smith, depending on how bad GB wants to keep him....

Brian De La Puente - although I doubt we will be willing to pay what NO is willing to pay ...

I agree.with esmort here... Really, it would be nice to get a versatile guy who can play both C and G in the draft and grab one of each position in FA. As long as we re-sign Davis, I think that OL is the only place that Indy needs to spend FA money. We can get an ILB, WR, and DE in the draft and hope for immediate impact from those guys... at least the 2nd and 3rd rounders...

Sign

Alex Mack (if available)

Jon Asamoah OG 

If Mack isnt available try and get Tyler Larsen in the 5th round.

why do u feel the need for jon, we have thorton who is developing and thomas coming back off injury the only main issue is satele , as u see when he is out the whole line plays better we have to see what holmes has before we throw big dollars at mack or jon which they both are gonna want, i truly truly believe holmes is already better than satele , but pags wont play him like he does with alot of players that i can name ..... 

why do u feel the need for jon, we have thorton who is developing and thomas coming back off injury the only main issue is satele , as u see when he is out the whole line plays better we have to see what holmes has before we throw big dollars at mack or jon which they both are gonna want, i truly truly believe holmes is already better than satele , but pags wont play him like he does with alot of players that i can name .....

Thornton isn't playing great and was forced to start to quickly and it's showing also Thomas is coming off of a season ending injury and ppl are tired of gambling with our o line we want the problem solved that's where Mack and Asamoah come in

Thornton isn't playing great and was forced to start to quickly and it's showing also Thomas is coming off of a season ending injury and ppl are tired of gambling with our o line we want the problem solved that's where Mack and Asamoah come in

I dknt think they fit our scheme that we wre try to work out

What we need: Center, Guard and a decent Back Up Tackle. Why? Center is obvious cause Satele simply sucks. Guard because we are an injury away from playing McGlynn again next season. Tackle because we don't have any decent depth behind Cherilus and Castonzo. And now Linkenbach and Reitz are really good.

I agree.with esmort here... Really, it would be nice to get a versatile guy who can play both C and G in the draft and grab one of each position in FA. As long as we re-sign Davis, I think that OL is the only place that Indy needs to spend FA money. We can get an ILB, WR, and DE in the draft and hope for immediate impact from those guys... at least the 2nd and 3rd rounders...

Bryan Stork Florida State can play C-G-T-TE.

i agree with your points on Davis, and the Draft. I think we definitely should get someone in FA for the OL, but i think we need a CB also. Toler has been hurt and has a history of injury. Vaughn isn't good. There's Davis & Butler and then a Big drop-off.

Bryan Stork Florida State can play C-G-T-TE.

i agree with your points on Davis, and the Draft. I think we definitely should get someone in FA for the OL, but i think we need a CB also. Toler has been hurt and has a history of injury. Vaughn isn't good. There's Davis & Butler and then a Big drop-off.

NFL defensive ends would love to see Stork play tackle

NFL defensive ends would love to see Stork play tackle

idk... He is one of the best Centers in college and a semi-finalist for Best Interior Lineman, but he can play OT if needed to as well as TE in certain packages. I think he's definitely worth a look by the Colts!

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/collegefootball/florida-state-seminoles/story/Bryan-Stork-leads-Seminoles-offensive-li?blockID=927587

" The versatile Stork has had quite the football career already. He played tight end in high school and has already started in college at guard. But Stork may also see playing time at right tackle in 2013.

Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher feels that Stork's long-term prospects are at tackle, which is a position of need in the NFL. But Stork's value is also in the fact that he can play every offensive line position, something that will make him a hot commodity in 2014 when the NFL Draft approaches. With NFL roster limitations, it helps that Stork can play every position on the line."

http://floridastate.247sports.com/Article/FSUs-Bryan-Stork-named-a-semifinalist-for-Outland-Trophy-161693

Florida State's Bryan Stork has been named one of six Outland Trophy semifinalists the Football Writers Association of America announced at a reception hosted by the Greater Omaha Sports Committee Tuesday evening. The Outland Trophy is awarded to the best interior lineman in college football.

The 6-foot-4, 300-pound senior has made 36 career starts for Florida State and anchors one of the best offensive lines in college football. He has recorded 17 total knockdown blocks this season.

Florida State has never had an Outland winner in the 67-year history of the award.

Semifinalists for Outland Trophy

DT Aaron Donald, Senior, Pittsburgh

OT Cyrus Kouandjio, Junior, Alabama

OT Jake Matthews, Senior, Texas A&M

OG Cyril Richardson, Senior, Baylor

C Bryan Stork, Senior, Florida State

OG David Yankey, Senior, Stanford

* I would say that's a good list to be on...

idk... He is one of the best Centers in college and a semi-finalist for Best Interior Lineman, but he can play OT if needed to as well as TE in certain packages. I think he's definitely worth a look by the Colts!

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/collegefootball/florida-state-seminoles/story/Bryan-Stork-leads-Seminoles-offensive-li?blockID=927587

" The versatile Stork has had quite the football career already. He played tight end in high school and has already started in college at guard. But Stork may also see playing time at right tackle in 2013.

Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher feels that Stork's long-term prospects are at tackle, which is a position of need in the NFL. But Stork's value is also in the fact that he can play every offensive line position, something that will make him a hot commodity in 2014 when the NFL Draft approaches. With NFL roster limitations, it helps that Stork can play every position on the line."

http://floridastate.247sports.com/Article/FSUs-Bryan-Stork-named-a-semifinalist-for-Outland-Trophy-161693

Florida State's Bryan Stork has been named one of six Outland Trophy semifinalists the Football Writers Association of America announced at a reception hosted by the Greater Omaha Sports Committee Tuesday evening. The Outland Trophy is awarded to the best interior lineman in college football.

The 6-foot-4, 300-pound senior has made 36 career starts for Florida State and anchors one of the best offensive lines in college football. He has recorded 17 total knockdown blocks this season.

Florida State has never had an Outland winner in the 67-year history of the award.

Semifinalists for Outland Trophy

DT Aaron Donald, Senior, Pittsburgh

OT Cyrus Kouandjio, Junior, Alabama

OT Jake Matthews, Senior, Texas A&M

OG Cyril Richardson, Senior, Baylor

C Bryan Stork, Senior, Florida State

OG David Yankey, Senior, Stanford

* I would say that's a good list to be on...

He is obviously a good player, just saying that kind of versatility in college rarely translates to the NFL. He will likely be an interior lineman and that's it.