Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pat McAfee

SkyBane

He is great for the Colts. A great ambassador for the team and the city, not to mention that he is a good punter, holder and tackling machine! 

Sure, that was a horrible kick in the TN. game, and yes he has had some issues as of lately, but I have a felling that he will get these things worked out. A kicker is a kicker...unless your Patty Mac and the boomstick :thmup:

Not a big fan… Only a Punter… Very average Punter… Having poor year compared to his previous… Loves to see and hear himself in the spotlight… Seems like an okay nice guy from the public persona, but have heard differently when out of the spotlight.. Kickoffs have been very inconsistent this year and seems to have more difficulty kicking deep into or out of the end zone (this is with the shorter kickoff distance)...

What is the deal with the one glove he now wears on kickoffs?

#1 - in my opinion this says a lot on its own?

What does that even mean? Teams have punters because they need them. If they didn't, the Colts could just send Hasselbeck out for the kickoffs. Why bother having a separate position?

Or is it that he's not allowed to have a following because he's not a quarterback?

Punters are only small role players and contribute significantly less than ANY of the other positions = "Only a Punter".

How many Punters are in the Hall of Fame?  "Only zero"… Facts are facts and a Punter is not regarded "high" contributing position to the winning of games.

Your feelings for "Pat #1" have been well documented on this forum… You are entitled to them.

In my opinion if you are looking at this from a football and "overall" contribution significance, then at some point you have to take your personal feelings for "Pat #1" out of this and look at things objectively.

In my opinion as a Colts FAN; I simply am not on the "Pat #1" bandwagon. Only a Punter and Loves the Spotlight!

this has not been his best year. Happy to have him back, don't care if he leaves

Depends on how you look at it.  His average, gross and net, is less than last year but he he is better at pinning teams inside the 20, is getting more punts fair caught and allowing fewer returns.  And he can't really be blamed for the return in the Rams game, that was a great punt, players were in position to down it inside the 5, it was just an incredible return. 

vontae will get an extension

Mcafee is a punter. Don't care either way. Especially don't care about his internet persona

this has not been his best year. Happy to have him back, don't care if he leaves

of course he didn't call him out. He should have though. Just coach talk

Dude, You're being very Undude...

Punters are only small role players and contribute significantly less than ANY of the other positions = "Only a Punter".

My opinion is that there is no small role on a team. If you have a place on it, you are important, no matter how small your contribution is.

How many Punters are in the Hall of Fame? "Only zero"… Facts are facts and a Punter is not regarded "high" contributing position to the winning of games.

I know this. I don't base my opinion on what the HOF thinks, obviously.

Your feelings for "Pat #1" have been well documented on this forum… You are entitled to them.

In my opinion if you are looking at this from a football and "overall" contribution significance, then at some point you have to take your personal feelings for "Pat #1" out of this and look at things objectively.

Thanks for acknowledging my feelings and allowing me to have them. I didn't think anybody cared that much about what I thought or felt, but since we're on the topic of my feelings, I feel that every punter or kicker deserves a bit of regard from the fan base, especially if they have skill.

That opinion is not just reserved for McAfee. I just happen to think he's an amusing, laid-back dude. If this was about Vinitieri, Vanderjagt, Hunter Smith, or even Dean Biasucci, I would go to bat for them as well.

In my opinion as a Colts FAN; I simply am not on the "Pat #1" bandwagon. Only a Punter and Loves the Spotlight!

So now I know what "only a punter" means for you.

Your feelings for "Pat #1" have been well documented. You are entitled to them.

Please re-read my posts… I have never said he can't have a following as a Punter, only that I (ME) am not a fan.

Relax a little bit; not all of us are obsessed with "Pat #1".

Relax a little bit. I'm only trying to figure out where you're coming from since some of your negativity seems to stem from how popular he is.

My opinion is that there is no small role on a team. If you have a place on it, you are important, no matter how small your contribution is.

I know this. I don't base my opinion on what the HOF thinks, obviously.

Thanks for acknowledging my feelings and allowing me to have them. I didn't think anybody cared that much about what I thought or felt, but since we're on the topic of my feelings, I feel that every punter or kicker deserves a bit of regard from the fan base, especially if they have skill.

That opinion is not just reserved for McAfee. I just happen to think he's an amusing, laid-back dude. If this was about Vinitieri, Vanderjagt, Hunter Smith, or even Dean Biasucci, I would go to bat for them as well.

So now I know what "only a punter" means for you.

Your feelings for "Pat #1" have been well documented. You are entitled to them.

I will go to bat for DEANER any day of the week!!!!

Not a big fan… Only a Punter… Very average Punter… Having poor year compared to his previous… Loves to see and hear himself in the spotlight… Seems like an okay nice guy from the public persona, but have heard differently when out of the spotlight.. Kickoffs have been very inconsistent this year and seems to have more difficulty kicking deep into or out of the end zone (this is with the shorter kickoff distance)...

What is the deal with the one glove he now wears on kickoffs?

#1 - in my opinion this says a lot on its own?

Wow I never before thought someone would feel strongly enough about a Punter either way to make an account to reply on the topic! :P

I don't know where people are getting this idea he's having a poor year from? Look at his stats, there are down but not massively, well within distribution over his career IMO, As for kickoffs eye test and stats say he's not having that many issues kicking compared to any years past. What I will say, and we've seen it with our very own David Reed, is returners determined to take it out. Returner Union rules I guess. 

Like you said it's your opinion but the stats don't really back it up. Mcafee fast is becoming another "marmite" player on this board, which is a shame really. If you ever took the time to listen to anything he puts our you'd realise there isn't a trace of egotism in it, he's just a NFL player with some actual personality bar stringing together one sentence clichés.