Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rb Options

274ridge

I was thinking we should run the ball more and see what we have in brown and carter. Since brown has the chances we should give carter more carries til addai gets back.I was thinking maybe 15-20 carries for carter, and 5-10 for brown. Maybe carter can beat up the defense a little and then bring in brown with more speed to take advantage of the tired defense. any thoughts?

the Colts are tied for last in rushing attempts/game (21) but, until the Colts O-line get better at run-blocking, the only people getting "beat up" will be the Colts running backs

We have 124 attempts on the season, 492 total yards, and 3.96 ypc. I don't think that is bad. Actually I think that is pretty decent. Are O-line isn't terrible. We should run more.

maybe not since Addai has been out, but watching the games this year, even with all of your O-line problems, i thought we have been pretty productive at running the ball. it always frustrated me to see us run like that, in the 1st or 2nd quarter, then just get away from it. i agree with that plan though. i would like to see carter carry the ball for like 20 a game. give him a legitimate shot at some starting running back carries and see what he does with them.

The colts say they want to run the ball more but i dont think so, they just wanna be effective at the run.. the colts are still that passing team like they were with peyton and will only ramp up painters attempts. the colts are obviously trying to give carter most of the workload but so far with the little carries that donald has gotten he has been most impressive.

The colts say they want to run the ball more but i dont think so, they just wanna be effective at the run.. the colts are still that passing team like they were with peyton and will only ramp up painters attempts. the colts are obviously trying to give carter most of the workload but so far with the little carries that donald has gotten he has been most impressive.

I agree, they've said for years they want to run the ball more but I don't buy it. If ever there were a year when they would actually do this it would be this year with Manning out. Running more would take some of the pressure off the new QB but I'm not sure the pass:run ratio is any different from previous years.

I agree, they've said for years they want to run the ball more but I don't buy it. If ever there were a year when they would actually do this it would be this year with Manning out. Running more would take some of the pressure off the new QB but I'm not sure the pass:run ratio is any different from previous years.

We cant run the ball..

That bubble screen is our run...

do we ever run a reverse??

Yep its not... i think when peyton retires or is done the colts mindset will be so different. i think the whole defensive scheme and offensive mindset will change. jim irsay has already said that he will retire when peytons done that itself will have a trickling affect on the colts. And the way i see it the colts will not get a chance to draft Luck hence drafting a QB in the year after... right now the colts should move on as if peyton is NOT gonna return therefore they would be prepared for all possibilities meaning they should establish the run, and keep their eye on potential players to sure up their defense.

why did we start throwing the ball all the time . when we were really good we were running alot . we would have 1000 yard rushers every year . Now it seems that they are happy with 1000 yards combined with everybody

as soon as Traik glenn left after SB 41 running was so bad the next year we then forgot an bout it the following year i think, esp as Peyton was so good

Yep its not... i think when peyton retires or is done the colts mindset will be so different. i think the whole defensive scheme and offensive mindset will change. jim irsay has already said that he will retire when peytons done that itself will have a trickling affect on the colts. And the way i see it the colts will not get a chance to draft Luck hence drafting a QB in the year after... right now the colts should move on as if peyton is NOT gonna return therefore they would be prepared for all possibilities meaning they should establish the run, and keep their eye on potential players to sure up their defense.

I think they should try and improve the run game as is basically a non playoff season so lets work on weak running game for whether Peyton Comes back or not, it has to help if we can establish one so we can again playfake & maybe play some power football, find the OL schemes that work right for the run

I think we have made some improvements to the run game already, but our inability to pick up third downs, or stop opposing third down conversions, has limited our possessions. Carter, Addai, and even Brown have run pretty well, and our o-line has done well enough, despite the injuries. It's not complete yet, but it is a step in the right direction.

I was with you Smitto until the part where Brown has been more impressive. Don't get me wrong Brown had a good game last week; I was like who is this guy. But Carter on the other hand has been moving the pile, running like a mad man(downhill). I was impressed because that is something we have not had from a Colts running back. I like both backs but Carter has the edge in my opinion. Keep up the good reply Smitto. Go Colts.

I was with you Smitto until the part where Brown has been more impressive. Don't get me wrong Brown had a good game last week; I was like who is this guy. But Carter on the other hand has been moving the pile, running like a mad man(downhill). I was impressed because that is something we have not had from a Colts running back. I like both backs but Carter has the edge in my opinion. Keep up the good reply Smitto. Go Colts.

Oh there's no doubt carter can bring the pound, i wouldnt be surprised if he has a really good game vs the saints.. he's only getting better and he seems like the back that would get better as the game goes on. Both guys can produce i say, Brown is basically your slasher type back and i think the colts have missed that, they have a back in donald who can break big runs where as carter can get you those first downs.. they basically compliment each other.