Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Foles or Brady

Valpo2004

If it were me? Foles. At least for this week.

I recently dumped Brady, though that most likely means he'll finish the season strong.

Most of the season I rode with Brady with Flacco as my backup.  I'm in a 14 team league so there actually wasn't a ton of good options on the waiver wire.  (If every team has a starter and a backup that's 28 of the 32 starting QB's)  However the week Brady was on bye I saw Foles on the waiver wire and guessed he was a better option then Flacco so I signed him and started him the same week and he did really well.

Honestly this season I've learned that picking up the right players on waivers is a lot more important then I thought it would be in the first place.

Before I played FF I didn't think you often picked up every week starters off waivers.  But earlier in the season I grabbed Keenan Allan off waivers and he's been an every week starter for me.

And the Reggie Wayne injury as bad as it has been for the Colts has been good news for my Fantasy Team because I had drafted TY Hilton and he wasn't doing much for me outside of a couple good games.  Since Wayne's injury though he's an every week starter.  

I am thinking I did a much better job picking up the right guys off waivers then I did drafting.

Most of the season I rode with Brady with Flacco as my backup.  I'm in a 14 team league so there actually wasn't a ton of good options on the waiver wire.  (If every team has a starter and a backup that's 28 of the 32 starting QB's)  However the week Brady was on bye I saw Foles on the waiver wire and guessed he was a better option then Flacco so I signed him and started him the same week and he did really well.

Honestly this season I've learned that picking up the right players on waivers is a lot more important then I thought it would be in the first place.

Before I played FF I didn't think you often picked up every week starters off waivers.  But earlier in the season I grabbed Keenan Allan off waivers and he's been an every week starter for me.

And the Reggie Wayne injury as bad as it has been for the Colts has been good news for my Fantasy Team because I had drafted TY Hilton and he wasn't doing much for me outside of a couple good games.  Since Wayne's injury though he's an every week starter.  

I am thinking I did a much better job picking up the right guys off waivers then I did drafting.

Ah, you're VU Cru. I'm Broosters.

Yeah, the waiver wire is very important, and yes, perhaps more important than the draft 'cept for a key guy you draft early that stays healthy.

I had a horrible draft, based on what I'd hoped. I made a bad decision early, and it blew my whole strategy. So, I figured I'd make it up in the waiver wires. 

However, it seems I don't have a grasp on the waiver wire. Not that I don't know how it works basically, but it's the order that confuses me. I'm consistently in the middle of the pack when it comes to record, but I'm consistently at the bottom of the waiver wire selection process. I've missed out on a number of pick ups, as a result.

Oh well, still having fun.

Good luck to you.

Ah, you're VU Cru. I'm Broosters.

Yeah, the waiver wire is very important, and yes, perhaps more important than the draft 'cept for a key guy you draft early that stays healthy.

I had a horrible draft, based on what I'd hoped. I made a bad decision early, and it blew my whole strategy. So, I figured I'd make it up in the waiver wires. 

However, it seems I don't have a grasp on the waiver wire. Not that I don't know how it works basically, but it's the order that confuses me. I'm consistently in the middle of the pack when it comes to record, but I'm consistently at the bottom of the waiver wire selection process. I've missed out on a number of pick ups, as a result.

Oh well, still having fun.

Good luck to you.

I think the way it works is that if you recently signed someone you get put at the bottom of the order.  And the order really only takes effect when it's all figured out on Wed. morning.  So if you spent a week not signing anyone you would likely be pushed towards the top again unless the whole league did the same.

Personally though, I would prefer that the waiver wire work more similar to the NFL in that the team with the worst record or lowest ranking gets first crack at least for the first waiver of the week.  

The only player that I drafted that has been consistently good for me has been Frank Gore. Drafted Brady and Rice and both of them have been disappointing. (Although Brady's last game was great)  Julio Jones was great then he got hurt.  Finely was doing ok but got hurt.  

Of course I also at the very beginning made the very biggest mistake which I doubt I will forget for a long time.

I drafted Knowshon Moreno for my bench.  Then I looked at the Denver Bronco's website and it listed him as the #3 back before the season started.

Figuring he would never see the field or do much for me (because the Bronco's listed him as the #3 back) I waived him for Shonn Greene (who I didn't keep for very long)

Moreno would have been an every week starter on my team easily had I held onto him.  

I think the way it works is that if you recently signed someone you get put at the bottom of the order.  And the order really only takes effect when it's all figured out on Wed. morning.  So if you spent a week not signing anyone you would likely be pushed towards the top again unless the whole league did the same.

Personally though, I would prefer that the waiver wire work more similar to the NFL in that the team with the worst record or lowest ranking gets first crack at least for the first waiver of the week.  

The only player that I drafted that has been consistently good for me has been Frank Gore. Drafted Brady and Rice and both of them have been disappointing. (Although Brady's last game was great)  Julio Jones was great then he got hurt.  Finely was doing ok but got hurt.  

Of course I also at the very beginning made the very biggest mistake which I doubt I will forget for a long time.

I drafted Knowshon Moreno for my bench.  Then I looked at the Denver Bronco's website and it listed him as the #3 back before the season started.

Figuring he would never see the field or do much for me (because the Bronco's listed him as the #3 back) I waived him for Shonn Greene (who I didn't keep for very long)

Moreno would have been an every week starter on my team easily had I held onto him.  

I agree with you on the waiver seeding system.

Yeah, I unfortunately picked Steven Jackson's declining year to draft him. My RB situation is so bad I've since picked up Shonn Green for my bench, just in case.

3 of my top 4 picks are busts. Jackson, Ryan & Bradshaw. In a 14 team league, especially, keeping up with the waiver wire is essential.

I agree with you on the waiver seeding system.

Yeah, I unfortunately picked Steven Jackson's declining year to draft him. My RB situation is so bad I've since picked up Shonn Green for my bench, just in case.

3 of my top 4 picks are busts. Jackson, Ryan & Bradshaw. In a 14 team league, especially, keeping up with the waiver wire is essential.

Also looks like your QB situation isn't that great either with Ryan.

I thought about offering you Foles/Chandler for Davis/Ryan (or Glennon) earlier today but I'm not feeling confident that I'm done with Foles.  

Also looks like your QB situation isn't that great either with Ryan.

I thought about offering you Foles/Chandler for Davis/Ryan (or Glennon) earlier today but I'm not feeling confident that I'm done with Foles.  

Yeah, I really only have two consistent guys on my team, aside from my kicker, and defense.

I'd likely take that deal, but if I were you, I'd ride Foles until either he gets injured, or a match up nightmare, or Brady picks it up severely.

Yeah, I really only have two consistent guys on my team, aside from my kicker, and defense.

I'd likely take that deal, but if I were you, I'd ride Foles until either he gets injured, or a match up nightmare, or Brady picks it up severely.

Yeah that's what I'm worried about, plus I think I am matched up against you I think the week after this one and I'd hate to lose because Nick Foles went off.  I'd also like to see how Brady performs after the bye week.

I do need TE help though so you can see where it's attractive to me.

I also have a pending trade for another TE, but he hasn't responded.  

Yeah that's what I'm worried about, plus I think I am matched up against you I think the week after this one and I'd hate to lose because Nick Foles went off.  I'd also like to see how Brady performs after the bye week.

I do need TE help though so you can see where it's attractive to me.

I also have a pending trade for another TE, but he hasn't responded.  

I'd have an interest for a WR presently on your bench, but not straight up.

Pondering an offer....

Boykin?  

I'd trade him, Rice, and Chandler for Davis and Durham.  Feel free to counter offer.

If it's a different WR, I'd make the same trade.

Tried to send you a trade proposal, but can't due to your pending trade offer.

Davis & V. Brown for Boykin, Rice & Chandler?

Tried to send you a trade proposal, but can't due to your pending trade offer.

Davis & V. Brown for Boykin, Rice & Chandler?

Ahh crap sorry, I had another trade offer going for a Ray Rice, Jordan Reed Trade.  It was left Pending for a while and I didn't think he'd take it but this morning he just accepted so I can't give you Rice.

It also drastically reduces my need for Davis.  However Boykin isn't someone I consider critical to me.

So what about Boykin & Thomas for V Brown and D Brown.

Obviously this wouldn't take effect until next week because the Colts played this week.

Ahh crap sorry, I had another trade offer going for a Ray Rice, Jordan Reed Trade.  It was left Pending for a while and I didn't think he'd take it but this morning he just accepted so I can't give you Rice.

It also drastically reduces my need for Davis.  However Boykin isn't someone I consider critical to me.

So what about Boykin & Thomas for V Brown and D Brown.

Obviously this wouldn't take effect until next week because the Colts played this week.

Yeah, we've got a little time, but let me ponder.