Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I knew Jason Campbell was the solution...

bap1331

He may not have fit with the Redskins. But he surely fit with the Browns and Raiders.

It really answers the questions to the fact that the only reason why organizations like the Browns, Bills, and Raiders have a bad team is because of their lack of scouting.

They may have not won today but sure look hopeful

Yet another week of the mediocre Chiefs offense barely winning by the skin of their teeth against cupcakes.

Can't wait to hear how awesome they are all week.

haha, on the contrary, we WANT the Chiefs to win so the Broncs don't get home field advantage you silly knucklehead...

Two teams that are not even going to make it to the AFC Title Game. I want to see them both choke.

nope, its because the problem is that when you have teams like the Bengals and Texans wasting playoff spots, then the 2 teams that were on bye week eat them up. Texans have lost to the Patriots like 3 times already in the playoffs. Its the ONLY reason the Patriots have had free trips to the AFC Championship.

If I were Goodell and I saw the Texans and Bengals make the playoffs, I would eliminate them and put the Jets and Steelers or some other teams that actually have a chance...

Yet another week of the mediocre Chiefs offense barely winning by the skin of their teeth against cupcakes.

Can't wait to hear how awesome they are all week.

For what its worth, the 72 dolphins only played two teams with winning records that year (both finished 8-6). 40 years later, no one talks about that, just that the dolphins are the only modern era team to go undefeated.

nope, its because the problem is that when you have teams like the Bengals and Texans wasting playoff spots, then the 2 teams that were on bye week eat them up. Texans have lost to the Patriots like 3 times already in the playoffs. Its the ONLY reason the Patriots have had free trips to the AFC Championship.

If I were Goodell and I saw the Texans and Bengals make the playoffs, I would eliminate them and put the Jets and Steelers or some other teams that actually have a chance...

The Texans have lost to the Ravens and Patriots once in their playoff history. They have not even been to the playoffs three times already. And we've won in the playoffs too, and we have the talent to do it again, as do the Bengals it seems this year.

It really answers the questions to the fact that the only reason why organizations like the Browns, Bills, and Raiders have a bad team is because of their lack of scouting.

For some teams, I think there's more to it. For example, why havent the Jaguars signed a better QB? You don't need good scouts to tell you Chad Henne doesn't give them their best chance of winning. Even Tim Tebow would at least generate revenue and fan interest. I think the Jags are trying to lose on purpose. It reeks of the Curtis Painter syndrome, where the Colts wouldn't sign anyone to replace Painter, even though he clearly wasn't a good option and Dan Orlovsky was clearly better.

LOL, easily the dumbest post I've ever seen on this forum.

Jason cambell is a perfect example of a player who does all the right things but still gets the shaft. Every year in Washington his numbers improved. Not only his numbers, but as qb himself.

He didn't lose that game. Penalties and Davonte bess are to blame.

Jason Campbell at his best is not a player that can put a team on his back and win games.  Any QB who truly deserves to be a long-term starter should be able to do this SOME of the time.  His field vision, accuracy, and anticipation as a passer have all held him back and are why he completely washed out in DC, Oakland, and Chicago.  He is a game manager... a less impressive Kyle Orton, if you will.

In the right system he's a fine backup but let's not kid ourselves here, he's not a legitimate starting solution for any team.

Jason Campbell at his best is not a player that can put a team on his back and win games.  Any QB who truly deserves to be a long-term starter should be able to do this SOME of the time.  His field vision, accuracy, and anticipation as a passer have all held him back and are why he completely washed out in DC, Oakland, and Chicago.  He is a game manager... a less impressive Kyle Orton, if you will.

In the right system he's a fine backup but let's not kid ourselves here, he's not a legitimate starting solution for any team.

I don't think that Jason Campbell is on the level of the Peyton's and even Rivers', but if you put a good team around him, he can do what it takes to get it to the SB.  He reminds me of Alex Smith.  

For some teams, I think there's more to it. For example, why havent the Jaguars signed a better QB? You don't need good scouts to tell you Chad Henne doesn't give them their best chance of winning. Even Tim Tebow would at least generate revenue and fan interest. I think the Jags are trying to lose on purpose. It reeks of the Curtis Painter syndrome, where the Colts wouldn't sign anyone to replace Painter, even though he clearly wasn't a good option and Dan Orlovsky was clearly better.

Umm... that means that the jags have been losing on purpose for like 10 years now. That wouldn't make sense.

Maybe they're just hopeful in gabbert. Because they had their chance in this past draft.

I don't think that Jason Campbell is on the level of the Peyton's and even Rivers', but if you put a good team around him, he can do what it takes to get it to the SB.  He reminds me of Alex Smith.

Or Joe Flacco. The kind of QB who looks like a catastrophe without the support of his teammates, but capable of some pretty great numbers and performances when they have it.

Umm... that means that the jags have been losing on purpose for like 10 years now. That wouldn't make sense.

Maybe they're just hopeful in gabbert. Because they had their chance in this past draft.

Jacksonville had hoped Gabbert could be groomed to be successful, and because Jacksonville used a 1st round 10th overall selection on the guy, they needed to give him time. Now it's written all over the walls he's bad and Jacksonville has moved on. So why are they using Henne when they could take a chance on plenty of other free agent QB's? That to me suggests they want to lose. They don't even want to scout, even if they could scout.

Colts, if they beat the Bengals and Chiefs on the road, hold their own destiny in their hands and would end up with HFA.

For some reason, I am thinking this Colts team under the Luck era would utilize HFA better than the Peyton era in the playoffs.

The road games of the Colts vs Bengals and Chiefs, plus the Chiefs 2 games vs the Broncos will pretty much determine AFC HFA.

Jacksonville had hoped Gabbert could be groomed to be successful, and because Jacksonville used a 1st round 10th overall selection on the guy, they needed to give him time. Now it's written all over the walls he's bad and Jacksonville has moved on. So why are they using Henne when they could take a chance on plenty of other free agent QB's? That to me suggests they want to lose. They don't even want to scout, even if they could scout.

Bridgewater sweepstakes?

He could perhaps win a Super Bowl with an '85 Bears or '00 Ravens type of roster (give him, for example, Adrian Peterson and the Seahawks defense).  Alex Smith is a fair bit better than him at this stage, though.

Colts, if they beat the Bengals and Chiefs on the road, hold their own destiny in their hands and would end up with HFA.

For some reason, I am thinking this Colts team under the Luck era would utilize HFA better than the Peyton era in the playoffs.

The road games of the Colts vs Bengals and Chiefs, plus the Chiefs 2 games vs the Broncos will pretty much determine AFC HFA.

In a way I agree with you, but I also disagree.

The Colts teams under Manning were stacked on offense, but followed a one dimensional passing attack that didn't always work. With Luck they appear to be far more balanced and actually run the ball and don't let it go to waste when it's working.

He's better than Brandon Weeden that's for sure, and statistically he's never been that bad as people make him out to be considering all the injuries he's suffered behind careless teams that expected him to come out and be the next Warren Moon out of thin air.

Or Joe Flacco. The kind of QB who looks like a catastrophe without the support of his teammates, but capable of some pretty great numbers and performances when they have it.

Most of these quarterbacks other than Brady, Manning, or Rodgers can't carry bad teams . That is what makes them the top echelon. Joe, Ryan, Big Ben are in that second tier that can win with good teams, but not carry poor ones. Unfortunately for Joe, the Ravens are in transition , and not very good. They need a new offensive line, a new running back, and faster linebackers, among other things. Ozzie did an admirable job getting some pieces, but some haven't jelled, and they need much more through the draft and free agency. It is pretty much over for the Ravens this year. I wish we could suck for someone like Luck.

Most of these quarterbacks other than Brady, Manning, or Rodgers can't carry bad teams . That is what makes them the top echelon. Joe, Ryan, Big Ben are in that second tier that can win with good teams, but not carry poor ones. Unfortunately for Joe, the Ravens are in transition , and not very good. They need a new offensive line, a new running back, and faster linebackers, among other things. Ozzie did an admirable job getting some pieces, but some haven't jelled, and they need much more through the draft and free agency. It is pretty much over for the Ravens this year. I wish we could suck for someone like Luck.

Huh?-Joe-didnt-even-have-a-bad-game-yeah-we-are-bad-but-it-just-goes-to-show-you-that-you-cant-be-good-forever-this-season-is-a-wash-but-the-ravens-just-won-a-superbowl-we-have-a-spoiled-fanbase.

Huh?-Joe-didnt-even-have-a-bad-game-yeah-we-are-bad-but-it-just-goes-to-show-you-that-you-cant-be-good-forever-this-season-is-a-wash-but-the-ravens-just-won-a-superbowl-we-have-a-spoiled-fanbase.

Trust me, I'm not part of the spoiled fan base , I'm a realist. I'm not anti-Flacco, it would just be nice to get a good, high round draft pick like a Luck, not necessarily a quarterback. I would take a center , offensive tackle, middle linebacker, offensive guard , or running back. We need all of the above. The way it is going , it looks like 2007 at 5-11, or maybe a 6-10. My point is it would almost be better to be 3-13, as this season is over, and we need to draft high to get back on track. That is where the suck like luck comment came from.

He's better than Brandon Weeden that's for sure, and statistically he's never been that bad as people make him out to be considering all the injuries he's suffered behind careless teams that expected him to come out and be the next Warren Moon out of thin air.

It's the eyeball test that Campbell has consistently struggled with, not the statistics.

Trust me, I'm not part of the spoiled fan base , I'm a realist. I'm not anti-Flacco, it would just be nice to get a good, high round draft pick like a Luck, not necessarily a quarterback. I would take a center , offensive tackle, middle linebacker, offensive guard , or running back. We need all of the above. The way it is going , it looks like 2007 at 5-11, or maybe a 6-10. My point is it would almost be better to be 3-13, as this season is over, and we need to draft high to get back on track. That is where the suck like luck comment came from.

Got-ya-Jordan-matthews-sweepstakes