Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Conflicting Reports Mortenson - Peyton has 2 sprained ankles, will use pain killer today, Teammates says hes 100%, what else would they say?

bayone

Report: Broncos QB Peyton Manning has two sprained ankles

Note any pain killer in ankle may effcet his planting if doesnt feel ground right as usually has anesthetic in it

alot depend on exactly where given, how much , and whats included in it

------------------------------

Manning had not one but two sprained ankles, including a high ( right see tweet below ) ankle sprain that was aggravated when Robert Mathis' sacked Manning for the second time last Sunday. This is according to a report from ESPN's Chris Mortensen, who adds that Manning will use a pain killer in this Sunday's game against the Redskins.

YET same article

Meanwhile, KCNC's Tom Helmer said Sunday morning that Manning's "100 percent." according to his teamates

"It was a minor ankle injury. He's fine, he's 100 percent," Helmer told CBS Sports Network's The Other Pregame Show. "When you talked to players on Thursday about how Manning's ankle responded (to treatment) when he returned to practice, they looked at you almost like you were nuts. It wasn't that big a deal.

But what would teammates say, oh we got Peyton issues, so lests see how he  plays

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24147667/report-broncos-qb-peyton-manning-has-two-sprained-ankles

Follow

alex__mcfadden_normal.jpgChris MortensenVerified account@mortreport

Both of P. Manning's ankles are sprained, including a high right ankle sprain aggravated by Robert Mathis' 2nd sack. Pain killer for today.

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/394473633290006528

If I was the Defensive coaches for Washington what I would be preaching: Make Peyton run

attack substitute tackles ,we still dont know what line is starting , Kuper  is more injured and limitless this weak  than  RT Franklin and with a bye next week doubt Franklin will play and good chance  kuper too, so that would mean ex Colt winston Justice at RT or Moffit at OG, neither much practice experience esp Winston as first signed when Clady went down, more importantly esp any time with Peyton and starters as Peyton didnt practice Wed and not all of OL too, so where is the OL chemistry

how the hell you sprain BOTH your ankles?

robertmathis-e1382351289793.jpg?w=240

you get hit by that guy. 

In all seriousness Manning took some really brutal shots in the Colts game and got knocked off his feet on multiple plays.  My guess is that he did it on two separate plays.  He could have gotten his feet caught in the turf (that's how Reggie really got hurt) and just had it twisted or something. 

robertmathis-e1382351289793.jpg?w=240

you get hit by that guy. 

In all seriousness Manning took some really brutal shots in the Colts game and got knocked off his feet on multiple plays.  My guess is that he did it on two separate plays.  He could have gotten his feet caught in the turf (that's how Reggie really got hurt) and just had it twisted or something. 

1st ws aginst jaguars when Babin hit him low

The Jaguars' vanilla attack did not register a sack against Manning, although there was a hit on his ankle that brought a limp but no penalty flag.

Read more: To stop Broncos, basic defense is yielding best results - The Denver Post http://www.denverpos...e#ixzz2iixqyUfK

that's when after the offensive series & fast start he was taken to locker room and checked and Brock was up & throwing encase had to go in next offensive series & announcers said no word what was being looked aat or why went in

Rest of game just kept throwing low & even after a catch of low throw Decker was motioning with arms as if to say get the ball higher already, & announcers were stunned and wondered if any WR ever tried to correct Peyton before

Barry , have great day

now to the early games

Aspirin is a drug.

I I was thinking injection with anestheic, and other and could affect way feet feel when planting to throw

are various  meds and techniques available by injection but usually some anesthetic is in it

article didnt mention modality so now i have no idea what will be used if true

Painkiller is also a masking agent, if u dont know are in pain u can hurt self more

I had once back when I was an amateur competitive BMX freestyler (some 17 years ago). Incidentally, I had a left high-ankle sprain (severe) and a standard (mild) right ankle sprain. It was about 10 days of debilitation, walking like John Wayne fresh off a ride on the dusty trail. 

I have no idea how a human being could play professional football with such a condition. I was like 23 years old then too, Manning is like 54 or something. 

I I was thinking injection with anestheic, and other and could affect way feet feel when planting to throw

are various  meds and techniques available by injection but usually some anesthetic is in it

article didnt mention modality so now i have no idea what will be used if true

Painkiller is also a masking agent, if u dont know are in pain u can hurt self more

^^^ Listen to the certified doctor. Barry is right. 

I struggled with a vicodin addiction due to my ankle issues when I was competing. Before a practice session or competition, I would wrap my ankles with an ACE bandage and take a cocktail of ibuprofen and hydrocodone. I was able to ride on, yes. But I did such horrific damage to my ankle, at 41 years old, I still feel the excruciating pain and numbness in my left ankle. 

Numbing myself with drugs allowed me to ride, but in the process, I did permanent, serious damage to my ankle that I deal with some 15+ years after retiring. 

My point is, lots of things are drugs. Not all of them are legal. Big difference between HGH and an injectable pain killer

things are sometimes weird how classified

when u give an injection as far as insurance is concerned its a surgical procedure, Thats not what any laymen would consider surgical, nor a surgeon, but thats what shoiws up to patients and u have to explain it to them, at least back in 1980's

^^^ Listen to the certified doctor. Barry is right. 

I struggled with a vicodin addiction due to my ankle issues when I was competing. Before a practice session or competition, I would wrap my ankles with an ACE bandage and take a cocktail of ibuprofen and hydrocodone. I was able to ride on, yes. But I did such horrific damage to my ankle, at 41 years old, I still feel the excruciating pain and numbness in my left ankle. 

Numbing myself with drugs allowed me to ride, but in the process, I did permanent, serious damage to my ankle that I deal with some 15+ years after retiring. 

Good example but sorry u got problems from it

I have tylenol # 3 and Valium for my pain and spasms over multiple areas but make damn sure 1 RX lasts and not abuse stuff, plus I usually use more at night when wake up with pain and spasm over several areas, in bed sleeping so i wont hurt myself

when i take during the day its not like i am doing any heavy activity to huurt self, besides I am basically numb to touch like a diabetic and can hurt self by lack of topical feeling of touch if anything, like not knowing i am stepping on sharp object or burn on bottom of foot

everyone please be aware of what u are doing with meds and own body within your own circumstances

Maybe Barry can clarify, but my experience with ankle injuries, as well as what I've gleamed from others experiencing the same issues; Once you start tweaking your ankles and not allowing rest, the issue becomes increasingly recurrent. 

I had similar issues with my wrists, as well. Now....I have some nasty arthritis going in all extremities. What I'm saying is....if these reports about Manning's ankles are true, I would expect the issues to be lingering and ongoing throughout the rest of his career. 

I don't think I have ever heard of anyone spraining two ankles. That can't be fun.

Neither have I. I know he hurt his ankle when Mathis sacked him. Don't know about the second time.

Comment 13

1st ws aginst jaguars when Babin hit him low

The Jaguars' vanilla attack did not register a sack against Manning, although there was a hit on his ankle that brought a limp but no penalty flag. 

Read more: To stop Broncos, basic defense is yielding best results - The Denver Post http://www.denverpos...e#ixzz2iixqyUfK

that's when after the offensive series & fast start he was taken to locker room and checked and Brock was up & throwing encase had to go in next offensive series & announcers said no word what was being looked aat or why went in

Rest of game just kept throwing low & even after a catch of low throw Decker was motioning with arms as if to say get the ball higher already, & announcers were stunned and wondered if any WR ever tried to correct Peyton before

Barry , have great day

now to the early games

Maybe Barry can clarify, but my experience with ankle injuries, as well as what I've gleamed from others experiencing the same issues; Once you start tweaking your ankles and not allowing rest, the issue becomes increasingly recurrent. 

I had similar issues with my wrists, as well. Now....I have some nasty arthritis going in all extremities. What I'm saying is....if these reports about Manning's ankles are true, I would expect the issues to be lingering and ongoing throughout the rest of his career. 

if u dont allow rest ,or at least proper immobilization , any movement can cause the areas of a tear to separate, if this happens repeatedly then what u have is an ankle healing with the torn ligament ( s ) actually being longer in length as the area that gets separated by movement is filled in with scar tissue , this effectively lengthens the ligament in question & thus allows ankles to sprain more easily in future as it doesnt hold the ankle as tight as should be so more loose, more range of motion that can be beyond normal = more frequent turn over of ankle = more injuries or at least less stability when planting that foot

if u dont allow rest ,or at least proper immobilization , any movement can cause the areas of a tear to separate, if this happens repeatedly then what u have is an ankle healing with the torn ligament ( s ) actually being longer in length as the area that gets separated by movement is filled in with scar tissue , this effectively lengthens the ligament in question & thus allows ankles to sprain more easily in future as it doesnt hold the ankle as tight as should be so more loose, more range of motion that can be beyond normal = more frequent turn over of ankle = more injuries or at least less stability when planting that foot

When Mathis sacked him, I think the tear came back.

I did. It doesn't state how he got it.

PS in Jax game it was early on in 1 or 2 series flattened in back 5 times fast , wasnt sacked but hit and bodies fell all over him, thats when after an offensive  series was over he went into  locker room to be evaluated, someone that landed on him caused him to land awkwardly and thus caused the injury

When Mathis sacked him, I think the tear came back.

yes that what supposedly caused the high ankle right sprain says mortenson, I think only had 1 going into colts game but could be wrong

anyway want to watch these games Brady first pass was an IT is 6 for 8 for 25 yards , right now its Miami 14-3 over pats and Pats only  got 3 points on terrible pass interference call said announcers that got them 27 yards when would have been 4th down 

BYE