Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Issues of Trent Richardson are Not his Fault...

NewColtsFan

Flacco's-cap-hit-is-only-6-million

but then it goes to 15 million the next two years and 28 and 31 the years after that. these kind of contracts will kill a team sooner or later. you can only live with them if you have a hof qb that can make marginal players good players. flacco just isn't that kind of player. i am not saying he sucks.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flacco may not be "bad", but I don't think he is necessarily good either (not even close to elite).  I would say he is average ... QB#15 - #20 range.  Boldin got him his contract, getting rid of him was a huge mistake by Baltimore ... Flacco is not the caliber of player that can elevate those around him; he's never going to be the guy that puts the team on his back and carries them.

Meh I'd put him much closer to top 10...He would probably crack my top 10 at the low end of that, good but not elite

but then it goes to 15 million the next two years and 28 and 31 the years after that. these kind of contracts will kill a team sooner or later. you can only live with them if you have a hof qb that can make marginal players good players. flacco just isn't that kind of player. i am not saying he sucks.

Flacco-wont-even-see-that-whole-contract-and-I'm-not-so-sure-you-been-watching-but-Flacco-has-been-throwing-the-ball-to-an-undrafted-receiver-named-marlon-brown-and-he-has-been-doing-pretty-good-with-Flacco-throwing-him-the-ball-so-im-not-sure-i-agree-with-that-statement-the-whole-making-a-player-better-statement-is-just-flat-out-false-before-the-pats-played-the-steelers-they-weren't-lighting-up-the-scoreboard-with-Brady-back-there-because-those-receivers-weren't-getting-it-done-Luck-isnt-making-DHB-play-better-since-he-keeps-dropping-the-ball.

Thats-subjective-and-Flacco-got-his-contract-because-he-went-and-won-a-superbowl-I-dont-see-the-Luck-winning-one-for-atleast-2-years-and-this-is-coming-from-a-Luck-fan

luck will get the contract whether he wins a sb or not.

he's pretty close to the top now. how many qb's would you rather have than him now? manning, brees, rogers, and brady? that puts him in the top 5, and if age is factored in i wouldn't take any of them over luck.

luck will get the contract whether he wins a sb or not.

he's pretty close to the top now. how many qb's would you rather have than him now? manning, brees, rogers, and brady? that puts him in the top 5, and if age is factored in i wouldn't take any of them over luck.

The-only-one-I-would-take-is-Rodgers-everyone-else-is-too-old

Flacco-wont-even-see-that-whole-contract-and-I'm-not-so-sure-you-been-watching-but-Flacco-has-been-throwing-the-ball-to-an-undrafted-receiver-named-marlon-brown-and-he-has-been-doing-pretty-good-with-Flacco-throwing-him-the-ball-so-im-not-sure-i-agree-with-that-statement-the-whole-making-a-player-better-statement-is-just-flat-out-false-before-the-pats-played-the-steelers-they-weren't-lighting-up-the-scoreboard-with-Brady-back-there-because-those-receivers-weren't-getting-it-done-Luck-isnt-making-DHB-play-better-since-he-keeps-dropping-the-ball.

you don't think manning, brady, brees, and rogers make their players much better than they are?

you don't get out of those contracts that easily. if they cut him after the 2nd 15 million year (2015) they will have 26 million of dead cap space that year and no qb. that will kill the team.

you don't think manning, brady, brees, and rogers make their players much better than they are?

you don't get out of those contracts that easily. if they cut him after the 2nd 15 million year (2015) they will have 26 million of dead cap space that year and no qb. that will kill the team.

Flacco-is-gonna-restructure-before-that-contract-gets-crazy-and-I-just-dont-believe-the-notion-that-a-QB-can-make-someone-else-play-better-if-that-was-the-case-the-Pats-would-be-alot-better-on-offense.

I-think-that-its-all-up-to-the-player-himself-to-want-to-get-better-but-thats-just-my-opinion-

Why-is-DHB-not-playing-better-is-it-because-of-Luck?-No

Thats-subjective-and-Flacco-got-his-contract-because-he-went-and-won-a-superbowl-I-dont-see-the-Luck-winning-one-for-atleast-2-years-and-this-is-coming-from-a-Luck-fan

Besides Pep and a sub par O-line there's not much standing between Luck and getting his first ring this year.

The NFC and AFC are both very flawed this year. There isnt a team currently in the NFL, that I would give more than a 50% chance to beat the Colts

Compared to what we saw out of DHB in Oakland, hes much better.

If you want to see a player regress and progress on a weekly basis. Watch Riley Cooper when he plays with Foles and Vick. Looks like a completely different guy depending on whos throwing him the ball.

Besides Pep and a sub par O-line there's not much standing between Luck and getting his first ring this year.

The NFC and AFC are both very flawed this year. There isnt a team currently in the NFL, that I would give more than a 50% chance to beat the Colts

If you want to see a player regress and progress on a weekly basis. Watch Riley Cooper when he plays with Foles and Vick. Looks like a completely different guy depending on whos throwing him the ball.

This-is-true

Meh I'd put him much closer to top 10...He would probably crack my top 10 at the low end of that, good but not elite

I can see the argument for top 10 I guess, but he would not crack mine ... and no ones list is ever the same but here's how I Flacco ranks in my book:

Definitely Taking Before Flacco:

Luck

Peyton Manning

Aaron Rodgers

Drew Brees

Tom Brady

Russell Wilson

Tony Romo

Colin Kaepernick

Matthew Stafford

RG3

Matt Ryan

Philip Rivers

The others that would be in the running with Flacco if were picking a QB (I would probably take a couple of these before Flacco):

Ryan Tannehill

Jake Locker

Cam Newton

Ben Roethlisberger

Alex Smith

Eli Manning

This is not how my list would look if I was picking someone to build a new franchise around I am looking at the next 2-3 yrs here.

Part of that is Vick simply is not very good, Foles has probably looked better early on then at any point in Vicks career in my opinion

I can see the argument for top 10 I guess, but he would not crack mine ... and no ones list is ever the same but here's how I Flacco ranks in my book:

Definitely Taking Before Flacco:

Luck

Peyton Manning

Aaron Rodgers

Drew Brees

Tom Brady

Russell Wilson

Tony Romo

Colin Kaepernick

Matthew Stafford

RG3

Matt Ryan

Philip Rivers

The others that would be in the running with Flacco if were picking a QB (I would probably take a couple of these before Flacco):

Ryan Tannehill

Jake Locker

Cam Newton

Ben Roethlisberger

Alex Smith

Eli Manning

This is not how my list would look if I was picking someone to build a new franchise around I am looking at the next 2-3 yrs here.

Is that top list in order?

I-understand-that-and-I-love-Luck-he's-a'hell-of-a-player-and-fun-to-watch-but-I-get-sick-of-people-attacking-Flacco-like-he's-some-scrub-that-cant-play.

He's-proven-the-last-5-years-he-can-play-and-excuse-all-the-dashes-my-spacebar-doesnt-work :ticked:

Suggestion: You should say that you're spacebar doesn't work in your signature or something so people stop asking you lol

Just look at his numbers from last year before coming up with the statement that it's not his fault.

This ain't Cleveland anymore, and the Colts O-line is much better.

Bwahahahah WHAT?!? Our interior is terrible, which is where Trent keeps being sent on running plays for the most part. Hugh Thornton I will give a pass to as he was thrown in to the fire quickly as a rookie, but Satele and McGlynn are F'n TERRIBLE.

Just look at his numbers from last year before coming up with the statement that it's not his fault.

This ain't Cleveland anymore, and the Colts O-line is much better.

I disagree with that.  There isn't 2 probowlers on our OL, number 1.  Number 2 and beyond I don't really care to get into because it will just be the same rehashing about 22 personnel and peps play calling, and bad vision, and overpaid trade, blah blah blah.

I-understand-that-and-I-love-Luck-he's-a'hell-of-a-player-and-fun-to-watch-but-I-get-sick-of-people-attacking-Flacco-like-he's-some-scrub-that-cant-play.

He's-proven-the-last-5-years-he-can-play-and-excuse-all-the-dashes-my-spacebar-doesnt-work :ticked:

I was so frustrated reading your posts at first, before I saw this.  You can get a replacement for pretty inexpensive at a pawn shop or used store.  Heck, if you're in with the guys at IT, you could probably get one for free.

544157_421994731228550_1395164306_n.jpg

Flacco is good, don't get me wrong. Just not $120 million dollars good.

I have a hard time arguing that any QB is worth $120 million over 6 years.  I get that it's not all guaranteed, but cap hit-wise, it pretty much is.

Flacco may not be "bad", but I don't think he is necessarily good either (not even close to elite).  I would say he is average ... QB#15 - #20 range.  Boldin got him his contract, getting rid of him was a huge mistake by Baltimore ... Flacco is not the caliber of player that can elevate those around him; he's never going to be the guy that puts the team on his back and carries them.

On the money. Funny how so many in the media, including former players, use the ''but he won a Super Bowl'' in evaluating a QB's eliteness.

Flacco-is-gonna-restructure-before-that-contract-gets-crazy-and-I-just-dont-believe-the-notion-that-a-QB-can-make-someone-else-play-better-if-that-was-the-case-the-Pats-would-be-alot-better-on-offense.

I-think-that-its-all-up-to-the-player-himself-to-want-to-get-better-but-thats-just-my-opinion-

the bonuses always catch up to teams sooner or later.

dhb's problem has been dropped passes. he was cut by the raiders, so just being a starting wr on one of the better teams shows me he is better. going from bad to adequate is improving, you don't have to be a superstar.

Don't kid yourself. Rice is still a great player.  The problem is their poor o-line play and completely inept quarterback.  Bernard Pierce is averaging 2.7 YPC.

the ravens Oline is trash

Stop...just-stop-you-obviously-dont-watch-the-ravens-our-O-line-cant-open-holes-for-rice-to-run-and-to-call-Flacco-a-game-manager-is-asinine.

The-Colts-are-trying-to-do-exactly-what-the-Ravens-do-so-Luck-doestn-have-to-throw-the-ball-alot-so-I-guess-Lucks-a-game-manager-too-right?-We-saw-what-happened-when-Lucks-asked-to-throw-the-ball-alot=18ints

i heard on a ravens radio talk show that the ravens kept 4 of the 5 o-lineman from the sb team. how does a good line get that bad by losing one player?

Guest TeamLoloJones

i heard on a ravens radio talk show that the ravens kept 4 of the 5 o-lineman from the sb team. how does a good line get that bad by losing one player?

Players can regress regardless of continuity.  Not to mention they lost arguably their best lineman in Matt Birk.  They weren't world beaters last year either.

Players can regress regardless of continuity.  Not to mention they lost arguably their best lineman in Matt Birk.  They weren't world beaters last year either.

they dont have their center (birk), lg (dont want to butcher his name), or their lt (mckinney was horrible so they traded him)

The loss of matt bark was more serious than I thought it would be. Our new center is horrible, that O-line from last year didn't become good until the playoffs

Trent will get the production, it will come..have faith....only 3 words to describe his lack of production..WORK ON VISION!!!! obviously the holes are there if Brown is getting them, and its the same Oline.. also I have reviewed some games and A LOT of the big runs DB has had Trent has had the same blocking..just his lack of vision causes him to run straight into the line, instead of trying to bounce outside he just keeps trying to plow ahead..like i said he will be fine once he WORKS ON VISION!!!!

Trent will get the production, it will come..have faith....only 3 words to describe his lack of production..WORK ON VISION!!!! obviously the holes are there if Brown is getting them, and its the same Oline.. also I have reviewed some games and A LOT of the big runs DB has had Trent has had the same blocking..just his lack of vision causes him to run straight into the line, instead of trying to bounce outside he just keeps trying to plow ahead..like i said he will be fine once he WORKS ON VISION!!!!

i couldn't disagree with this more

i couldn't disagree with this more

your wrong on this one, if you can go back and rewatch the last game for the most part your right but on his 3rd run (8:43 of 1st Quarter) He looked left briefly where Castonzo and Thornton opened up a massive hole before he passed it up, He also missed a big hole to the  right side  where he was running which was opened up by an overpursuiting Brooks Reed, He turned what would have been a significantly larger gain on the play into a 4 yard gain, Hey its 4 yards and it did go for a 1st down so Ill certainly take it but he left alot of yards out on that play he should have had......While thats the only example in that game I can give....there are several others in past games. I believe he gets better bu I get tired of alot of people pinning his lack of production all on Peps play calling or the O Line

The loss of matt bark was more serious than I thought it would be. Our new center is horrible, that O-line from last year didn't become good until the playoffs

first ray rice is worse this year because his line is worse, but now the line was bad last year also (until the playoffs). good year last year with a bad line, and bad year this year with a bad line. some of the excuses people make up are really out there.