Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dont make it a holiday for Denver

oldunclemark

That's the least of our worries.  McAfee has a strong enough leg that they will almost certainly have no returns on kickoffs and he can probably angle punts away from Holliday.  I see it going on a try-and-see basis; they punt to him the first time and if we cover him, we punt to him next time.  If he breaks one for a big return, we kick away from him

I don't know going by the fans on this board, I think it's already a holiday for Denver. Sometimes I have to wonder (as I did all year last season) if most people had anything to do with this team before Manning came along, cause the bandwagon sure did get huge the minute he decided to go play for an arrogant poster boy who's claim to fame was turning this franchise down to go play in a city that uses a donkey as it's logo..........and some how lucked into 2 Super Bowls. On Dead Spin over the summer, there was an article about the Colts (Why Your Team Sucks) where someone wrote about fans showing up in Manning Denver jerseys....I would not have believed that story for a minute until I started hanging out here and getting on you fine people's nerves day and night.

I don't know going by the fans on this board, I think it's already a holiday for Denver. Sometimes I have to wonder (as I did all year last season) if most people had anything to do with this team before Manning came along, cause the bandwagon sure did get huge the minute he decided to go play for an arrogant poster boy who's claim to fame was turning this franchise down to go play in a city that uses a donkey as it's logo..........and some how lucked into 2 Super Bowls. On Dead Spin over the summer, there was an article about the Colts (Why Your Team Sucks) where someone wrote about fans showing up in Manning Denver jerseys....I would not have believed that story for a minute until I started hanging out here and getting on you fine people's nerves day and night.

Go troll another forum. And fans aren't showing up,in broncos jerseys....although that would prob be better than showing up to an empty stadium, chanting a phrase ripped off from Cincinnati, with a bag over your head #Saints

That's the least of our worries.  McAfee has a strong enough leg that they will almost certainly have no returns on kickoffs and he can probably angle punts away from Holliday.  I see it going on a try-and-see basis; they punt to him the first time and if we cover him, we punt to him next time.  If he breaks one for a big return, we kick away from him

I really see that as a bad strategy.  Hey lets poke this sleeping badger...if it doesnt wake up...LETS POKE IT AGAIN!!

I really see that as a bad strategy. Hey lets poke this sleeping badger...if it doesnt wake up...LETS POKE IT AGAIN!!

If it is a honey badger he probably doesn't care either way. You need to kick away from him... and try pin them back because field position is a big thing.

Don't kid yourself......if he breaks a big one, we lose..

There's no try-and-see...

We said that about Devn hester in the Super Bowl and he took the ball to the bank on the kickoff..

Its a worry

Well, our special teams has been shaky at times (coverage and McAfees gaff punts), but overall. I would give our Special Teams a C.  compared to previous years, that's sayin' something.  This Holiday character is bound to burn us once based on how sick he is and how unsure our special teams can be of themselves.

He has 6 TD returns in 18 games. Keep in mind that they have been kicking away from him quite a bit, which makes those stats even more impressive. He's a lethal weapon.

....Just angle-punt the ball directly out of bounds inside the 20 or 30 or 40

,....and make Peyton go 70-80 yards..

////Houston is still kicking themselves for releasing this guy

That's the least of our worries. McAfee has a strong enough leg that they will almost certainly have no returns on kickoffs and he can probably angle punts away from Holliday. I see it going on a try-and-see basis; they punt to him the first time and if we cover him, we punt to him next time. If he breaks one for a big return, we kick away from him

se the start of Super Bowl 41 for why this is a bad idea. If you know a guy is a weapon you try to take him away not give him a chance to show you why he's a weapon.