Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stanford WR Ty Montgomery...

This kid is impressive...Not sure if he is eligible for the draft or what he is in the Kiper projections or anything, but I like what I see based on the eyeball test...Might as well keep the Stanford thing going as they make good pro's except Fleenor who the book isn't written on yet...

fllener season projextions is 575 yards and 5 tds not that bad

I haven't given up on him at all...It's more a mental thing I think with him the physical tools are there to be big time, I was just saying up to this point he isn't near Dwayne Allen's level and Allen was taken after him...

sure but the thing people blamimg for drops he had 1 all season, the way people have been acting it like he dropped 20. he improved from last year with a doubt, has made tough catches in traffic particular against sf . he will get there

I think he will too...He had a bunch of drops in preseason that's still fresh in people's minds and last year..He just needs his confidence and he will be fine.

This kid is impressive...Not sure if he is eligible for the draft or what he is in the Kiper projections or anything, but I like what I see based on the eyeball test...Might as well keep the Stanford thing going as they make good pro's except Fleenor who the book isn't written on yet...

Technically,  Montgomery is eligible after this season,  but most Stanford observers believe Tyronne will come back fore one more year.    Most Stanford kids want to stay 4-years so they can get their degree.  

Also....  Ty didn't come from a high school with a sophisticated offense....   so, he's learning how to be a WR....   and he's still very, very raw....    dropped a perfect 50 yard strike Saturday.    He's got to get better at reading defenses and running the full route tree.

All in all, he's got great raw skills...   size and speed....   but he needs lots of polishing....

He'll probably wait until 2015 to come out.

Hope that helps......

• 3 weeks later...

sure but the thing people blamimg for drops he had 1 all season, the way people have been acting it like he dropped 20. he improved from last year with a doubt, has made tough catches in traffic particular against sf . he will get there

haha! Everyone was dropping that junk that Andrew was throwing at them last season IF YOU RECALL.

TY was a League Leader yet we see he has good hands, with better placed balls. Pep has made Luck look better, but Andrew still has to get considerably more accurate. His one weakness. He will, tho I could see him still improving into 2015.

Andrew over targeted Reggie by at least 50 balls last season hurting everyones #`s, and defintely ignored FleenR, much as he did the 1st 3-4 games this season. FleenR is open all the time, he IS the mismatch he was projected to be.

We will see how it goes.

haha! Everyone was dropping that junk that Andrew was throwing at them last season IF YOU RECALL.

TY was a League Leader yet we see he has good hands, with better placed balls. Pep has made Luck look better, but Andrew still has to get considerably more accurate. His one weakness. He will, tho I could see him still improving into 2015.

Andrew over targeted Reggie by at least 50 balls last season hurting everyones #`s, and defintely ignored FleenR, much as he did the 1st 3-4 games this season. FleenR is open all the time, he IS the mismatch he was projected to be.

We will see how it goes.

As you may know,  back at Stanford,  Luck completed over 70% of his passes his last two years.   So, not only was he accurate,  he was hyper-accurate.

I'm confident he will continue to get more accurate over a period of the next few years.   

A)   The game will continue to slow down for him

B)   The Colts will get him a better OL to block for him

C)   The Colts will get more and better receivers for him

There's no reason -- none -- for Luck not be completely in the mid-60's year in and year out....  

I hope he'll end up over 60% this year....    and then in the mid-60's next year and for the rest of his career....

As you may know,  back at Stanford,  Luck completed over 70% of his passes his last two years.   So, not only was he accurate,  he was hyper-accurate.

I'm confident he will continue to get more accurate over a period of the next few years.   

A)   The game will continue to slow down for him

B)   The Colts will get him a better OL to block for him

C)   The Colts will get more and better receivers for him

There's no reason -- none -- for Luck not be completely in the mid-60's year in and year out....  

I hope he'll end up over 60% this year....    and then in the mid-60's next year and for the rest of his career....

I don`t watch a lot of college ball but when I do I see an awful lot of wide open receivers.

And I heard Andrew say there were routes he wasn`t even allowed to throw.

He had a dominate run game.

Just because a ball is catchable doesn`t mean it was good placement.

Like you I feel very confident he has it to get better and better. He will love a better line. ;)

To early for me to completely write off our current receivers, tho I don`t see DHB being here next season . They are young, seem to have speed & hands enough to be good parts of a diverse passing attack, timing takes experience.

I saw that he is a junior and eligible for the draft but I haven't seen any projections on where he might go in the draft. Does anyone have any clue where he might go?

There's no talk within the Stanford community that he'd come out early.    None.

He played in a very unsophisticated offense in high school,  so he's still learning about playing WR in college.   Odds are he returns to Stanford for his 4th and final year.....   he's got great raw skills,  but he needs lots and lots of polishing...

As for a round....   I'd guess 3rd or 4th...    but that's a guess and I easily could be wrong....

There's no talk within the Stanford community that he'd come out early.    None.

He played in a very unsophisticated offense in high school,  so he's still learning about playing WR in college.   Odds are he returns to Stanford for his 4th and final year.....   he's got great raw skills,  but he needs lots and lots of polishing...

As for a round....   I'd guess 3rd or 4th...    but that's a guess and I easily could be wrong....

I knew that he could stay but I haven't seen anything about draft projections about 2015 either. I wonder if Pep and Luck could talk to him and give him a guarantee they would draft him with their 3rd.

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth,  Ty Montgomery had a spectacularly bad game in Stanford's disappointing loss to USC.

He dropped at least two passes, and both might've been touchdowns.

He made poor decisions on when and where to make his cuts...   and appeared to have his worst game of the year at the exact worst time....

If there was any doubt (and I don't thin there was) I don't think he'll be coming out early for the NFL draft...

Great raw talent....   but the key word there is....  raw.

welp with the pacers doing great sitting at 7-0 i'm sorry colts but  your my second most important team to watch now that reggie is gone :(

Wake me up when they get to the playoffs. The "regular season" in the NBA is basically nothing more than one long, boring preseason to determine which teams suck so bad that they shouldn't be allowed to play for real.