Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Russell Wilson, RG3, and Ryan Tannehill are all on pace to finish top 5 in fumbles in single season.

Dustin

I still don't get what people see in Wilson. He looks like an average QB to me, playing with a great running game and an amazing defense to bail him out.

They see an underdog story of a guy succeeding when he wasnt supposed to due to his size. The media eats that stuff up.

Other than that, his rookie numbers were impressive and put him on stock watch, though hes honestly probably just a system QB who will find success as long as the pieces around him function as they are supposed to. If multiple teammates have a bad game, I dont think Wilson has the talent to pull them out of the muck the way Luck has been able to a few times.

I still don't get what people see in Wilson. He looks like an average QB to me, playing with a great running game and an amazing defense to bail him out.

In that case all you need is a Russell Wilson type qb. Robert Griffen III has the ability to be a darn good passing quarterback, but runs way too often. Wilson on the other hand is a scrambler who can make plays with his feet. Andrew Luck has the ability to use both skills when need be... and thankfully doesn't fumble as much.

Those three guys will be tied together for the rest of eternity.

If you guys have ever watched Miami play here recently you would see Tannehill is playing behind a line that's the strength of tissue paper. He is on pace to set the record for the most times a QB has been sacked in a single season. After so much of being put on your back you begin to lose the feeling of security. I'm not worried because I think he will be even better once the line is further established. The other two however are mobile QBs and for the most part I'm not suprised they are on the list...

Griffin and Wilson have better career stats. It's not even close.

Stats, who really cares about stats? Luck blew them all away last year with yardage and is blowing them away this year with less turnovers. Case and point stats change every year, none of them care about last year.

All that matters is Luck is looking phenomenal now. The nation and experts all know that if you were to build a team, the majority would pick Luck over all with regards to young QBs. All you have to do is watch ESPN and he NFL Network and unless your Skip Bayless or a few others, the vast majority pick Luck as the best young QB in the league. Doesn't take a genius to see that.

Not to discredit the others, they are all very good up and coming QBs but Luck is looking like a top QB this year.