Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Great Peyton Manning Article

Girlzarefanstoo

I assume this is the right forum for this, if it isn't mods, please move or delete it.

This might be old news to Indy fans, but there was a lot I had never heard before in it.  A really nicely done article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--football-thursday--colts-can-tell-you-how-really-meticulous--obsessive-peyton-manning-can-get-034654197.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

A really nice read that encapsulates why I admire Peyton so much. In 1 word: He is so meticulous. SW1 is not a genius or a brilliant man. I have had to work hard for everything I have achieved. But, I do have profound respect for people who leave no stone unturned & can still remain humble & self deprecating to their core. 

Nothing new here, but a nice synopsis of Peyton Manning's contributions to the City of Indianapolis. Thanks for the article Girlzarefanstoo.  :thmup:

Against my own better judgment, I listened to that NFL Total Access video piece....That reporter in Denver is going off the rails with that body language analysis IMHO. Peyton played in INDY for over a decade just because he declined to answer a question to your satisfaction it doesn't mean that Manning is distraught over the success in Indianapolis okay. Did you ask Manning about the successful season of the Broncos at all? I'm just curious. 

It reminds me of high profile murder trails on TV when journalists comment on the guilty demeanor of the person on trial especially one that never take the stand in their own defense. What does a guilty person look like let alone an innocent one particularly one who never speaks? It's really difficult to determine a person's genuine reaction to a question when they say little to nothing. Speculation is not a substitute for accuracy & clear cut facts. 

I might speculate about a person's motives on here more than I should, but then again, I am not being paid as a journalist to be a professional bound by ethics & obligated to give viewers useful information that has been vetted, double checked, & verified for authenticity either. There is a monumental difference there.  

I also watched that video segment on Andrew Luck. Yes, I know that Andrew is following a HOF QB in Peyton Manning, but I judge QBs on their draft class peers, their growth/maturity from season to season, the quality of defenses & secondaries they face each week, & their division titles & SB appearances.

True, not everyone's measuring stick is the same & SW1 hasn't cornered the formula on the path to an elite franchise field general, but why does the media compare a decade plus veteran QB to a 2nd year NFL player? It drives me nuts. Just venting my frustrations outloud...It's like yelling at a 8 year old who can't do advanced Algebra or Calculus.  haha

Give Andrew time to develop & hone his skills. Not every QB should be held to the same standard as their predecessor so quickly. All QBs need to find their own groove, style, & methodology of doing things on the field & off. Both Andrew & Peyton are their own man. Just like brothers no 2 QBs are identical. The city & owner is all these men really have or had in common. 

Sunday can't come fast enough. I don't view this upcoming battle as a bloodthirsty rivalry. Yes, I realize that Peyton plays for the Broncos & Andrew plays for the Colts. Seriously, I view it as another chapter in INDY's legacy. Sort of like documenting the evolution of a family's genealogy. New generations come sure, but you never forget or dismiss those crucial people who laid the foundation. That's why I laugh when people question my INDY loyalty. It's like dismissing your dad's great grandfather & writing off his significance simply because you never met him personally. Without others who came before you to lay the foundation, the current configuration of your family dynamic might never have taken place. 

Sure, other individuals might think I'm crazy to take this historical perspective, but I don't really care. I will never view Peyton Manning as a nemesis. He is responsible for INDY's stature & recognition right now just like Johnny Unitas before him. Andrew Luck will leave his imprint on this city & franchise too eventually. 

Having said all that, people can root for whatever team or outcome they want, I just have no desire to split the atom. I respect both men equally & I want both men to flourish. I may root for the old man this week, but it's like watching Austin Collie in NE now. You remember the good times he had here, wish him continued success, & turn the page. This Bob Seger song always evokes a feeling of reflection for me...

"http://youtu.be/afvFgV3_kuw"

Just my 2 cents...

I assume this is the right forum for this, if it isn't mods, please move or delete it.

This might be old news to Indy fans, but there was a lot I had never heard before in it.  A really nicely done article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--football-thursday--colts-can-tell-you-how-really-meticulous--obsessive-peyton-manning-can-get-034654197.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Heard it all, but great to read again

He actuially has a pregame ritual where he practices x minutes ( think 14 0n  and then  waits x minutes ( or this may be 14 minutes )  before game starts, due to lightneing storm g for opener Vs raven s he tried to do it a few times but in end could only practice for 5 minutes for the final time, with 7 tds he should always get that lighning storm and thow off the schedule a bit or do it more times

also on the short week this year after a Monday night game  Vs raiders before eagles away game he went immediately to cold whirlpool tub to get a head start on cooling down, then much later when finally got to post game conference he was still shivering and had to explain

He is meticulous to the point of obsession 

Articles like this, the Peyton letters, the childrens hospital, the Book of Manning, and just meeting him in person (just humbe and gracious and giving of his time) are all reasons he has been my favorite player....and one of my favorite people I've ever encountered. I wish him nothing but success and happiness. It makes Sunday so difficult for me....so difficult. I hope we never play him again....can't root against the man...but I will just root for my Colts. Its so hard because while I love the Colts I've never felt such a connection for a player like I have for Peyton...Luck is getting there but because of all the personal things I know about Peyton...the HUMAN side of him...its hard not to find someone that I will like just as much. I want to go to bed and wake up and it be week 8.