Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trent Richardson On Run Game

NCost12

You ask me to go back and watch tape.  Go back and watch browns tape.  He did same thing there.  Running right into the line.  He averaged the same ypc there.  So I dont think he is all the sudden gonna change the way he runs.  Yes i realize brown is in on passing downs.  But you also cant just say thats why trich runs right into the line every time.  

I've watched plenty of Browns tape and he ran against stacked boxes all year with 2 broken ribs and still had almost a 1,000 yards and 11 td's on a bad team...By the end of the year as we learn how to use him I guarantee he yard per carry goes above 4, and many great rb's have had years where they are under 4 ypc...I think you fail to understand what makes TRICH exceptional as he doesn't need a fb and he is a guy who will get you those first downs and touchdowns on 3rd and2 and goal line situations..He is also the best pass blocking back in the NFL and is a good receiver out of the backfield as well when given the chance...He is 22??? Scheme and coaching and the positions he is put in play into the YPC far more than his talent...The guy is just as fast as Brown in the open field as you will soon find out, he has to slow down because the fullback is in his way most the time..Let him get a head of steam and he doesn't need a hole to get 3-5 yards and he punishes defenses...He is a modern day Earl Campbell and doesn't miss games because he is durable and built like a tank...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd best RB in the league and when Pep learns how to play call in the NFL it's gonna be scary..Sometimes I dream about what Sean Payton would do with this offense...

1. Why the Hate on Pep's  play calling??,  It was good enough against San Fran & Seattle, we're beating great teams!! And most important  Andrew loves it!               2. I dream about having J.J. Watt but when I wake up and see that the defense we HAVE is good enough and winning us games...Im grateful for what is ours.

Yeah..he can't see cause the bum fullback is in the way...

Havili is a great FB who's just doing his job... Whether Trent needs him or not, ...He's not a bum

1. Why the Hate on Pep's  play calling??,  It was good enough against San Fran & Seattle, we're beating great teams!! And most important  Andrew loves it!               2. I dream about having J.J. Watt but when I wake up and see that the defense we HAVE is good enough and winning us games...Im grateful for what is ours.

Havili is a great FB who's just doing his job... Whether Trent needs him or not, ...He's not a bum

pep has done a decent job with playcalling except for his telegraphing of running the ball.  it doesnt create positive down and distance opportunities.  we are much more successful running the ball out of single back sets

Hi Colts fans, Browns fan here and I can relate to your hope in Richardson but the truth is, as Jim Brown said, he is just ordinary.

The stacking the box against Richardson thing is pure myth, PFF has him listed 25th facing more than 7 in the box 19% of the time compared to Frank Gore at #1 42%

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/08/facing-eight-in-the-box/

Trent is just not an elite type back, I agree that his strength is best utilized in the second level but it's his responsibility to get there. He just does not have the football acumen to recognize NFL holes and "get skinny" to burst through them to the second level.

http://www.draftbrowns.com/2013/06/browns-film-room-trent-richardson/

The only +5 runs you will see from Trent will be on carries where the hole is big enough to drive an F-150 through.

As much as I like Sean Payton, I wouldn't trade him for Chuck.  I like the Colts identity the way it is.  Does the run game need some refining?  Sure.  But once we get it down, and we will, it's going to be darn hard to beat (and that's not to say we're not already hard to beat).

I don't know.... I like Pagano, but I sometimes I feel like I would rather lose taking risks with Sean Payton, than lose by being too conservative with Pagano.  At least Payton doesn't take his foot off the gas.

Hi Colts fans, Browns fan here and I can relate to your hope in Richardson but the truth is, as Jim Brown said, he is just ordinary.

The stacking the box against Richardson thing is pure myth, PFF has him listed 25th facing more than 7 in the box 19% of the time compared to Frank Gore at #1 42%

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/08/facing-eight-in-the-box/

Trent is just not an elite type back, I agree that his strength is best utilized in the second level but it's his responsibility to get there. He just does not have the football acumen to recognize NFL holes and "get skinny" to burst through them to the second level.

http://www.draftbrowns.com/2013/06/browns-film-room-trent-richardson/

The only +5 runs you will see from Trent will be on carries where the hole is big enough to drive an F-150 through.

Aha! I I knew it. Just a pure myth to make excuses.

I don't know.... I like Pagano, but I sometimes I feel like I would rather lose taking risks with Sean Payton, than lose by being too conservative with Pagano.  At least Payton doesn't take his foot off the gas.

It cuts both ways.  Did you see the naked boot leg on 3rd and 7?  I'm not sure that's the play I'm running if I need a first down to seal the victory.  There's a fine line between genius and insanity.  Losing games because of stupid playcalling is just as maddening.

All of what was said in this thread is reasonable. However, today was perhaps his strongest showing as a runner. I think he broke more tackles today than he has all season.

He looked good.  Woulda coulda shoulda been a breakout game for him, but our receivers couldn't catch a cold.  

I like him as a person too, but he sems lost on gameday and x's and o's is not his strength, and Pep Hamilton is god awful!!! Why are we running a high school offense with the best young QB in a generation??

I like him as a person too, but he sems lost on gameday and x's and o's is not his strength, and Pep Hamilton is god awful!!! Why are we running a high school offense with the best young QB in a generation??

I don't know why all the coaches behind the computer screen wanted to go for it in the 4th qtr in your own end of the field. The Colts still had 3 time outs so the smart thing to do was punt. 

Now if they didn't have the time outs then yes you might want to go for it then.

Geez common sense lacks on here.

I don't know why all the coaches behind the computer screen wanted to go for it in the 4th qtr in your own end of the field. The Colts still had 3 time outs so the smart thing to do was punt. 

Now if they didn't have the time outs then yes you might want to go for it then.

Geez common sense lacks on here.

Because we couldn't stop Rivers all night and the D was worn out because we kept having 3 and outs all night...I knew they would get the ball at midfield and need 15 yards to ice the game against a tired D..If we were on the 30 or 40 I can see punting, but not punting from our endzone when we need 2 yards..I knew the game was over at that point and if we went for it and didn't make it it was over too, but at least we gave our self a chance...I guarantee you Belichik or Payton would have went for it especially the way the game was going..

Because we couldn't stop Rivers all night and the D was worn out because we kept having 3 and outs all night...I knew they would get the ball at midfield and need 15 yards to ice the game against a tired D..If we were on the 30 or 40 I can see punting, but not punting from our endzone when we need 2 yards..I knew the game was over at that point and if we went for it and didn't make it it was over too, but at least we gave our self a chance...I guantee you Belichik or Payton would have went for it especially the way the game was going..

I guareteen Belichik or Payton would have punted on their own 20 yard line and still with 3 TO.

again common sense

Oh man Jship, you really have no idea what you're talking about lol. All I hear are excuses for a guy who doesn't produce. 

I lived in Cleveland 6 years and I feel sorry for you having to watch those sorry teams and live in the mistake on the lake....It is pure hell there which is why every player is miserable and under produces and leaves as soon as they get a chance with a smile on their face...Thanks for giving us your best player, when we get an Nfl OC or Pep figures it out you will see the mistake your team made...Maybe you can use the 1st rounder we gave you to draft another 28 yeaR OLD QB...

I lived in Cleveland 6 years and I feel sorry for you having to watch those sorry teams and live in the mistake on the lake....It is pure heck there which is why every player is miserable and under produces and leaves as soon as they get a chance with a smile on their face...Thanks for giving us your best player, when we get an Nfl OC or Pep figures it out you will see the mistake your team made...Maybe you can use the 1st rounder we gave you to draft another 28 yeaR OLD QB...

Sweet football post. You sound very intelligent and well versed in football.