Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bronco Owner Bowlen tells Bailey he wants Promise he will play Vs Jax after last weekends DB disaster

bayone

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen put his head down and chugged across the room, moving impressively fast for a 69-year-old man.

Bowlen ignored me. He only had eyes for Bailey. Mr. B leaned in, within inches of Bailey's face, with something so urgent it couldn't wait.

"Promise me," Bowlen urged the injured Bailey, "you're playing next weekend."

It remains to be seen whether Bailey will be in uniform against Jacksonville, but Mr. B is a smart football man.

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_24269690/kiszla-broncos-ought-trade-jaguars-de-jason-babin

If he thinks Champ can still make that much of a difference I think that owner might be a little misinformed. Begging for the same Champ that got lit up against the Ravens in the post-season last year?? I like Champ...but he isn't a difference maker anymore. Champ does tackle well...which the other corners have not done well but coverage they haven't been terrible. They haven't had a pass rush and that has left corners playing man coverage to be left on an island for way too long. If I was him I would go up to Miller and say....hey!! Promise me you will never touch the weed again! Without him they have no shot...with him it should help that whole defensive front and hopefully Phillips to get more pressure. JMO.

The owner knows they need Champ....

Romo just shredded his teams pass defense..

I'm not worried about Jacksonville..

But Denver needs Champ Bailey against Indy, KC, SD and NE

If he thinks Champ can still make that much of a difference I think that owner might be a little misinformed. Begging for the same Champ that got lit up against the Ravens in the post-season last year?? I like Champ...but he isn't a difference maker anymore. Champ does tackle well...which the other corners have not done well but coverage they haven't been terrible. They haven't had a pass rush and that has left corners playing man coverage to be left on an island for way too long. If I was him I would go up to Miller and say....hey!! Promise me you will never touch the weed again! Without him they have no shot...with him it should help that whole defensive front and hopefully Phillips to get more pressure. JMO.

Bailey if can play at last years level or near it would be great for Broncos & add not just himself but depth & flexibilty

I dont like that he had said he will play in pain all year at lis frac joint and esp on turf, no longer have article link

BTW today woodward and ayers couldnt practice, Harris only stretched but bailey for first time had a full practice , at least thats what 1 article said, no official report yet

As previously mentioned, Bailey is not much of an impact player. Von Miller, however, is.

You can't give a good QB all day to throw and expect your DB's to hold down the fort. Even Von Miller alone might not solve the pass rush situation, but it will certainly be better than it is now. It is terrible and Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Romo, Rivers, to name a few will all rip Denver's secondary apart if they get that kind of time.

As previously mentioned, Bailey is not much of an impact player. Von Miller, however, is.

You can't give a good QB all day to throw and expect your DB's to hold down the fort. Even Von Miller alone might not solve the pass rush situation, but it will certainly be better than it is now. It is terrible and Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Romo, Rivers, to name a few will all rip Denver's secondary apart if they get that kind of time.

do agree, a pass rusher on opposite side to compliment Miller is reaally what makes a difference, a tandem effect like Farthis is aalways best,. Squeeze the QB between both will pressure him far more often

ayers has shown flashes,  with millere may just prove more effective as a tandem

Luck can rip apart the secondary as well, will be most balanced team Broncos face thus far and in Indy , miller has to have some rust on him