Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bjoern Werner

Dark Superman

Speaking as a Browns fan with the Colts being my close 2nd, I wouldn't have minded too much if we had also traded you guys Kruger and gotten Bjoern away from you. Right now Krugers main advantages over Werner is that he's stronger and can push tackles back into the qb's face. Bjoern will be as strong if not stronger in a short time, as well as being way way faster...especially around the edge. We paid 8m to Kruger and he has zero hand fighting ability. I would have came in my pants if we had the potential of a Werner/Mingo edge presence.

Welcome Alex.for your reference, this is a family friendly forum, and you used some rather inappropriate words on the quoted post. Please refrain from saying you are a Browns fan in the future.

Best,

BHC

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Alex.for your reference, this is a family friendly forum, and you used some rather inappropriate words on the quoted post. Please refrains from saying you are a Brows fan in the future.

Best,

BHC

Uh oh. Now I'm starting to worry about the Werner pick. If Brown fans like him and want him that concerns me ;)

Guest TeamLoloJones

Uh oh. Now I'm starting to worry about the Werner pick. If Brown fans like him and want him that concerns me ;)

haha... I was thinking the same thing.

Yeah I don't really understand jumping on a rookie so fast.  I remember when Freeney was a rookie, he was average at best until that Eagles game.  Reggie Wayne was a rookie was so-so.  Other then guys like Lawrence Taylor Derrick Thomas, it is harder for pass rushers to have an immediate impact.  A big reason why is they cannot beat guys with their shear physical ability anymore at this level.  So they have to learn better technique and moves.  If you watch Werner in college he is almost always the first guy off the ball.  Obviously he isn't now because he is still learning and thinking. But as he gets more comfortable, you will see him start to fly off the ball.  I think he will be fine.  I do think he will be a 10-12 sack guy.

Yeah I don't really understand jumping on a rookie so fast.  I remember when Freeney was a rookie, he was average at best until that Eagles game.  Reggie Wayne was a rookie was so-so.  Other then guys like Lawrence Taylor Derrick Thomas, it is harder for pass rushers to have an immediate impact.  A big reason why is they cannot beat guys with their shear physical ability anymore at this level.  So they have to learn better technique and moves.  If you watch Werner in college he is almost always the first guy off the ball.  Obviously he isn't now because he is still learning and thinking. But as he gets more comfortable, you will see him start to fly off the ball.  I think he will be fine.  I do think he will be a 10-12 sack guy.

That and he's playing a different position. He had his hand on the ground in college now he's standing up. I think he's going to be a good solid player.

As good as LT was it wasn't until his 4th year that he went double digits in sacks. then he spent about 7 years on the top of the heap in sack totals so it takes a while. I remember when I was a kid and watched LT pick off a pass during a Thanksgiving Day game vs the Lions and return it 97 yards for a TD. He dominated at the highest level. Fun to watch on the field. Train wreck in life tho.