Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We put SF's 'nickel' in a pickle

oldunclemark

We should be running more often when teams go Nickel on us, especially against 3-4 defenses, 1 less linebacker to deal with and get around, if the O Line does there jobs like they did sunday then we should be able to run all over teams in the Nickel

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Yes, yes he did. If you scroll back to old Pagano post you’ll see how much blame he got. I definitely hold Pagano is regards to letting Luck down on the offensive side of the ball. I also see the Houston Texans inevitably going down the same path.   D’joun Smith is who you’re thinking of.   Grigson is looked at as an overall bust and a terrible drafter so naturally the blame will be more widely accepted. There is no doubt things will be heating up under Ballards seat if anything less then winning the division is obtained this year. The QB position has been his Achilles heel. If Richardson is healthy this season I believe his roster will be very heavily evaluated with no excuses this year.
    • But you haven't learned the narrative this forum has been trying to tell you.   Frank Reich pounded his fists for Wentz, Ryan, Pryor, and all of the WRs that busted.   OTOH, Pagano never pounded his fist for TJ Green, or Bjoern Werner, or Trent Richardson, or that little small school cornerback that got canned before the season even started.     You see, the GM is only responsible for the bad players when it helps support the previous statements that the GM is bad, and the HC is responsible for the bad players when it helps support previous statement's that the GM is a genius.   You should know this by now and be falling in line accordingly.
    • TJ Green was a a Grigson pick. I know it’s been pointed out but if you’re going to be so arrogantly biased but not remember a player drafted before the GM your bashing them, the substance of your message is incredibly vacated of credibility.   His drafts have consisted of incredibly high upside, toolsy and traitsy prospects. If anything his knock has been that he hasn’t taken safer players with high floors and lower upside.   My take on Banogu is that his demise is from his greed. He was drafted to play, and played in college as a linebacker. His role was to be the same as a Dontae Hightower. Someone mainly utilized for blitzes, and a run stuffer. However he came in and wanted to be a pass rusher because they get paid a heck of a lot more than a line backer on average. They shouldn’t have let him take that on and kept him at line backer and he might still be on a roster.    As far as block buster moves how can you discredit the Buckner trade? Trading for Carson Wentz? Trading for Matt Ryan? You can’t say he hasn’t taken chances. I blame Frank Reich more than anything still. I mean who the hell has Andrew Luck coming back in his first game after a huge shoulder surgery and throwing 53 times? I think that was the first moment that made me question Reich.   Your Richardson take is so disgusting and troll inducing it makes me think you don’t watch football or have watched any tape. You would think he played like Lamar Jackson where as he always has his eyes down the field when he breaks from the pocket.   Reich was the bigger failure and the reason we kept a revolving door at QB IMHO. A GM has to take the QB his head coach wants and Reich was wrong 4 times with the likes of Rivers (ultimately set us back another year by playing one season and dipping after taking us deep enough in the draft we couldn’t trade up without it costing us a fortune) Wentz, Foles and Ryan. You can’t win without a QB and he impeded us from getting a QB his entire tenure.
    • I appreciate your frustration…. But you and I have had this exact same conversation before.      What can I tell you?   The world changed.  Information used to come in your morning newspaper or the 10 or 11p news.  Info moved slowly.      Now information moves at the speed of a tweet.  The pressure to keep up has exploded.   Most people don’t get their news from the paper,  they get it from their phone.   Everyone is doing the best they can under extremely difficult circumstances.   Well…. Most everyone.    And what may be crap to some is fine for others.   In this thread here, @Superman noted that for some people the news is good or bad simply if they agree with it or not.  We, all of us,  are far, far more tribal than we ever used to be when we were younger.      The world has changed for better and worse.   Who was the former Indy Star writer who left to join The Athletic? He wrote about how,  for the first time in his life, having to worry about selling subscriptions.  And if he didn’t hit quotas he was going to get fired.  I was horrified for him.  My heart broke for him.  Why The Athletic thinks that’s a good business model is beyond me, but they do.   That kind of excruciating pressure will inevitably lead to bad editorial decisions.  A real shame.      I don’t know what kind of response you were expecting from me….  But these are my thoughts.   Hope it clarified.  
  • Members

• Yoshinator

Yoshinator 9,464

• NFLfan

NFLfan 17,533

Moderators
    • wig

wig 264

• CR91

CR91 12,840

• Dobbinblitz

Dobbinblitz 1,388