Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Keep McGlynn at center, Satele off the line up

chad72

Oh ...    an internet site that gives GRADES on how well one plays.     Sheeeeewsshhh  :rollseyes:

I prefer to judge for myself.    If we went by internet grades Andrew Luck would have been one of the worst QB's in the NFL last year.  

I watched the game.    And I watch ALL of the games.   SS is NOT a good player, and McG is not a good G.

INDY's issues the first 2 games were pressure RIGHT up the middle.    Moving McG to C and Link to G, and Thornton at G seems to have worked wonderfully against the mighty 49ers.   OH, and Indy ran the ball.

Guess it was just an anomaly.       

SS will get another shot at it.     But after what we witnessed in SF I think the staff will not hesitate to switch it up if Luck is pushed out of the pocket from the get go like in the first 2 weeks.  

And I am not alone...

Rick Vinturi  from 9-24 podcast    About half way through he talks about the OL

http://www.1070thefan.com/podcast/Episodes.aspx?PID=2155

Mike Chappel from 9-24 podcast

http://www.1070thefan.com/podcast/Episodes.aspx?PID=2155

The guy is saying that he thinks the line would be better with Reitz starting over Link. If you are going to sheeeez him , at least clean your glasses and read what he said. Where does he say that "SS is a GOOD player ?" Where does he say that McG is a "GOOD guard? " Maybe I'm missing something but I thought he said he would start the same 5 as last week with the exception of Reitz starting over Link. It appears to me that you are going off on issues he does not adrees in that post.  Maybe other posts he made ? I didn't read every post in the thread.

I listened to Venturi and understood him to say the middle played well , " McG and Link much better than SS and Link" is another thing he stats. Plus he added that the tackles played great. But I don't think he's really saying Link was great and it hardly proves the point that Link is now better than the guy that started over him last year. If I had to give an opinion , I would say that the coaching staff usually gets this stuff right but IMO , I thought Reitz was a pretty decent guard last year when he was healthy.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic