Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andy Reid disses Sal Paolantonio after win.

Dustin

I hope everyone here understands,  that Reid and Sal Pal are probably about as close as a head coach and a member of the media can be.

Sal Pal is Philly based and covered Reid through all his years as the Eagles head coach.

That was playful teasing from Reid to SP...    

Fun stuff!    Thanks for posting that....      :thmup:

I hope everyone here understands,  that Reid and Sal Pal are probably about as close as a head coach and a member of the media can be.

Sal Pal is Philly based and covered Reid through all his years as the Eagles head coach.

That was playful teasing from Reid to SP...    

Fun stuff!    Thanks for posting that....      :thmup:

err. quite the opposite actually.

Paolantonio was the guy who grilled Reid after the death of his son.

I would say that Reid loathes him. 

err. quite the opposite actually.

Paolantonio was the guy who grilled Reid after the death of his son.

I would say that Reid loathes him. 

Exactly Dustin. Based on what I saw in the clip, that was razor blade insults that cut deep & bleed heavily. If that's friendly banter between friends, what the hades does animosity look like? That's not dark humor. It's real disdain toward another. Ouch! First, you ignore Sal & then you say "Keep walking this guy's not that important." Don't expect a Christmas Card from Andy Sal. I'm just saying...

Listen to how Andy Reid says "That [victory over the Eagles] was as big as Sal Palentonio baby."

He's not kidding IMO. Andy appears to have real contempt for Sal. That isn't genuine friendship or respect among coach/reporter colleagues to me. "Big" was meant to convey the small regard Andy holds Sal in as a journalist. Watch the body language & tone of Andy toward Sal. Did he give Sal his full attention with eye contact? Nope. He couldn't wait to get away from Sal as quickly as possible. 

Andy won't be adding Sal to his favorite list of phone contacts anytime soon I can tell you that.  haha