Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

News On Peyton

fthoodcoltsfan

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why would you want him to play? why risk it? are you thinking we might have a playoff spot? LOL

agree he may want to but dont let him, Also unless need roster spot , keep him on active so that he is allowed to practice with team when cleared, this will help his muscle regain strength if nerve regenerates , If IR'd u cant practice

why would you want him to play? why risk it? are you thinking we might have a playoff spot? LOL

I just think it's great to finally hear some good news, supposedly from his mouth, that isn't saying that there's a chance that he'll never play again. And if he is 100% and gets to play again, even if we aren't in a position to make the playoffs, any chance to see him play would be a welcome change this year. I don't want to risk anything, I definitely think his health and safety are way more important, I'm saying IF he's 100%

Because he's very fun to watch; because he is a master of the game, a control freak, hates not being with the team; because it'd be good for his health and rehabilitation; because it'd be a good measure of where we are at the QB position; because the Colts play to win games; because he's one of the greatest of all time and shouldn't sit out because the playoffs are out of reach; because he loves playing; because he's our starting quarterback and when the starter is healthy he starts. There's a tremendous list of reasons why he should play if he's 100% healthy. If there is risk of reinjury, which if he is 100% healthy there is only a 2.5% reinjury rate, maybe less--it's been awhile since I researched the surgery, don't play him. But he should most definitely play if he can, regardless of our record.

This is where I have real issue with Polian and Caldwell, this whole idea of him playing this season is just flat out stupid and can be stopped with 1 single action by those two men. I have defended both of them here through everything but this whole not putting Peyton on the IR is just stupid.

Because he's very fun to watch; because he is a master of the game, a control freak, hates not being with the team; because it'd be good for his health and rehabilitation; because it'd be a good measure of where we are at the QB position; because the Colts play to win games; because he's one of the greatest of all time and shouldn't sit out because the playoffs are out of reach; because he loves playing; because he's our starting quarterback and when the starter is healthy he starts. There's a tremendous list of reasons why he should play if he's 100% healthy. If there is risk of reinjury, which if he is 100% healthy there is only a 2.5% reinjury rate, maybe less--it's been awhile since I researched the surgery, don't play him. But he should most definitely play if he can, regardless of our record.

Thank you, you said it much better than I did, but that's exactly what I wanted to say :) In no way do I want to see him out there if his neck isn't 100% healed, but if it is and the only risk is the normal risk of the game, then those are the reasons.

Irsay and the front office would like to have a look at him this season, if he's cleared, because they have an opt-out that they can exercise, and it's worth $64 million. He wants to play because that's what he does. And the team is better with him, even if it's only a couple games at the end of the season.

There's a tremendous list of reasons why he should play if he's 100% healthy.

give me some odds on that 100%. LOL

those are not good reasons at all. competitive spirit is one thing, and i applaud him for that, but if he goes out at 75% or less and gets clobbered and that is it for the career, I guarantee you will be singing a different tune. and i will be here to bump your optimistic but completely misguided post.

this season is done. rehab completely for next year, and he might have 4 more good years left in him. stupid to let him play in a game situation. keep him off IR so he can practice, and that is it. anything else is *ic and im actually getting more upset as I type this. how dare you want him out there.

100% healthy does not sound like a viable outcome this year, and although anything is possible, and although they may not be his doctor, way too many medical professionals have offered the exact same opinion: SIT HIM TILL 2012

We'd want him to play IF he's 100% because he's amazing to watch. Because we want to see whether we need to look for his replacement in April. Because we want to see what we're dealing with.

It would give only a slight clue as more time is needed for thew muscle to regain strength, healing from surgery is only 1 part, then nerve nmust regenerate and supply whats called nerve nutrition to muscle to help it rebuild with exercise, that takes time, we would only get a glimpse , not worth chancing 1 n bad hit and losing him for good, just let him practice with team and can tell almost as much , he will know how accurate and if velocity coming back as practices

those are not good reasons at all. competitive spirit is one thing, and i applaud him for that, but if he goes out at 75% or less and gets clobbered and that is it for the career, I guarantee you will be singing a different tune. and i will be here to bump your optimistic but completely misguided post.

this season is done. rehab completely for next year, and he might have 4 more good years left in him. stupid to let him play in a game situation. keep him off IR so he can practice, and that is it. anything else is *ic and im actually getting more upset as I type this. how dare you want him out there.

100% healthy does not sound like a viable outcome this year, and although anything is possible, and although they may not be his doctor, way too many medical professionals have offered the exact same opinion: SIT HIM TILL 2012

agree, 100 %

I want him to play because he wanst to play.

He needs to know now whetehre he's okay or not

He cant go all winter wondering and neither can the Colts...

Think about it.

We need to know if Manning will be our QB in 2012 before 2012..

..and until they are mathematically eliminated,,..no I havent given up hope of a playoff berth..

It would give only a slight clue as more time is needed for thew muscle to regain strength, healing from surgery is only 1 part, then nerve nmust regenerate and supply whats called nerve nutrition to muscle to help it rebuild with exercise, that takes time, we would only get a glimpse , not worth chancing 1 n bad hit and losing him for good, just let him practice with team and can tell almost as much , he will know how accurate and if velocity coming back as practices

I'd leave it up to him.......I dont know the deatils..but if he's OK'd to be on the sidelienes on Oct. 9...

I'm thinking he could play in December...

I have no idea about the odds. As unlikely/impossible as it may be, all I'm saying is that IF somehow he was 100%, I would love to see him play. I miss seeing him play and I think it would be a huge morale boost for the fans and the team.

However, that wasn't the point of my original post. My post was just that finally there was some good news, namely that Peyton will be on the sidelines on Sunday, and that all the rumors about his career being over seem to be just that - rumors.

I have no idea about the odds. As unlikely/impossible as it may be, all I'm saying is that IF somehow he was 100%, I would love to see him play. I miss seeing him play and I think it would be a huge morale boost for the fans and the team.

However, that wasn't the point of my original post. My post was just that finally there was some good news, namely that Peyton will be on the sidelines on Sunday, and that all the rumors about his career being over seem to be just that - rumors.

we had had a lot of analysis from people who dont know....Its good to hear from him...

To me..the fans pay to see him play and he clearly wants to...

Unless Curtis Painter has us on a winning streak.......

I let him out there as soon as he's 100%....

I want him to play because he wanst to play.

He needs to know now whetehre he's okay or not

He cant go all winter wondering and neither can the Colts...

Think about it.

We need to know if Manning will be our QB in 2012 before 2012..

..and until they are mathematically eliminated,,..no I havent given up hope of a playoff berth..

I don't care what "he" wants. This is a team sport, not an individual sport.

He can find out if he is okay in the offseason and during camp next year.

Yes they both can.

If he isn't able to go in 2012 he isn't able to go and if we have Luck he starts. If we don't we go get a QB.

He sits this season and then begins return in the offseason. That is the only logical thing to do.

Him standing on the sidelines mean nothing. Until he begins rehab and throwing in the coming weeks and then gets hit for the first time we won't know. He can be on the sideline this weekend and his career still be over.

Yes they both can.

If he isn't able to go in 2012 he isn't able to go and if we have Luck he starts. If we don't we go get a QB.

He sits this season and then begins return in the offseason. That is the only logical thing to do.

He doesnt care what you or I want....

..and it means a lot...he would not be allowed to walk the sidelines with a neck injury if he wasnt progresssing...

the Andrew Luck stuff is insane....You may be watching too much ESPN..

He's an unproven college player who does not have to leave school after this season...

..and may refuse to come to Indiananpolis anyway..and he's not going to srat for anyone opening day next year...

..Manning plays when he says he can...You know it and I know it.

He'll tell Caldwell he's in and he's in...His career is not over....He's progressing..unless you know more than he does

Yes they both can.

If he is medically cleared, how does not playing him logical? His prognosis has always been 2-3 months, with an outside chance he can return in December. If that hasn't changed, and if he is eventually cleared (two big IFs), what sense does it make NOT to play him?

To let him heal? Understand, everyone suggesting he could or should play this year is doing so with the stipulation that he that he is medically cleared beforehand. No one wants to see him go out there if his fusion isn't healed, or if his throwing velocity isn't right, or anything else that's symptomatic of anything less than a full recovery. But if a full recovery is possible before the season is over, and he's fully rehabbed, and we've kept him on the active roster, what reason is there for him not to play?

Belive me he cant be 100% as far as a HARD fusion is concerned for him to take a hit , that takes 6 months not 3 for a layman soft fusion, and u need longer to regenerate the nerve and then build up the muscle, Just let him practice, he said & archie said ,& thhis was previously posted that he knew when practiced with team in lockout he didnt have the velocity, Just let him practice with the team by keeping him off IR and he will know his body, once he gets back strength then he can work on timing

I only did ankle reconstruction back in the 1980's and dont know all newest neck technigues but thats my opinion

He doesnt care what you or I want....

..and it means a lot...he would not be allowed to walk the sidelines with a neck injury if he wasnt progresssing...

the Andrew Luck stuff is insane....You may be watching too much ESPN..

He's an unproven college player who does not have to leave school after this season...

..and may refuse to come to Indiananpolis anyway..and he's not going to srat for anyone opening day next year...

..Manning plays when he says he can...You know it and I know it.

He'll tell Caldwell he's in and he's in...His career is not over....He's progressing..unless you know more than he does

Your right, but again the smart move is to IR him now. Nothing can be gained by him playing at some point this year. At to think that drafting Luck is a bad idea? Really...you pass on the best QB prospect to come out since Peyton? How "proven" was Peyton when we drafted him? How proven was Aaron Rogers or any other NFL QB before they were drafted? If given the chance you draft Luck. It shouldn't even be a discussion.

Manning still has a long way to go before he is even limited in practice, let alone before he’s driving the Colts’ offense down the field in a game situation.

The milestones include full fusion of the vertebrae, extensive range of motion in his neck and back, regeneration of the triceps nerve, and a return of his arm strength.

Given the likelihood that Manning had a titanium plate inserted to stabilize his vertebrae, the fact that the bones have had 4 weeks to heal, and the fact that doctors cleared him based on the most recent x-ray, it is fair to say he has achieved (or very nearly achieved) that first milestone.

With respect to range of motion, both Phil B. Wilson and Seth Wickersham mentioned that Peyton has struggled to turn his head to his left, so he probably still has work to do in the range of motion department.

According to ESPN’s Paul Kuharsky, Bill Polian mentioned in his weekly radio show that Peyton “had been increasing his activity recently, something that Manning confirmed.” It’s unclear what that activity was, but I doubt it is leaps and bounds more than the power walking he has been doing on the practice field.

The true monkey wrench in all of Manning’s rehab, though, is the regeneration of the nerve. The only hint we’ve had so far of development in that area was a report by

Will Carroll on September 29 that insiders say the

nerve regeneration is “’slow again.’”

http://www.coltzilla...ine/#more-15552

Manning still has a long way to go before he is even limited in practice, let alone before he’s driving the Colts’ offense down the field in a game situation.

The milestones include full fusion of the vertebrae, extensive range of motion in his neck and back, regeneration of the triceps nerve, and a return of his arm strength.

Given the likelihood that Manning had a titanium plate inserted to stabilize his vertebrae, the fact that the bones have had 4 weeks to heal, and the fact that doctors cleared him based on the most recent x-ray, it is fair to say he has achieved (or very nearly achieved) that first milestone.

With respect to range of motion, both Phil B. Wilson and Seth Wickersham mentioned that Peyton has struggled to turn his head to his left, so he probably still has work to do in the range of motion department.

According to ESPN’s Paul Kuharsky, Bill Polian mentioned in his weekly radio show that Peyton “had been increasing his activity recently, something that Manning confirmed.” It’s unclear what that activity was, but I doubt it is leaps and bounds more than the power walking he has been doing on the practice field.

The true monkey wrench in all of Manning’s rehab, though, is the regeneration of the nerve. The only hint we’ve had so far of development in that area was a report by Will Carroll on September 29 that insiders say the nerve regeneration is “’slow again.’”

Thanks, People here are fooling themselves if they think Manning is going to play this yr..

I hope he doesn't play this year. Our offensive line is in in shambles. A potential return could spell a recipe for disaster.

Thank you my thoughts exactly. With the O line he doesn't need to be anywhere near the field. I hope the doctor doesn't release him to play until next year. Practicing with the team is one thing but trying to stay alive with this offensive line is a disaster. rotfl

The true monkey wrench in all of Manning’s rehab, though, is the regeneration of the nerve. The only hint we’ve had so far of development in that area was a report by

Will Carroll on September 29 that insiders say the nerve regeneration is “’slow again.’”

I hope this isn't true. One thing about the article I posted that really made me optimistic that his rehab was going well was his attitude in it. Compared to the article that was posted a few days ago (not sure who posted it or where, sorry), where he was described as moping around, replying to text messages with just one word or not at all, and stuff like that, he seemed to be doing great in this one. This made me think that maybe things were going a lot better, which was a nice change compared to all the negative rumors floating around. I'm hoping the slow nerve regeneration is another one of those...

The season isn't over yet, but by a long shot. We can (not will, but can) beat any team that doesn't have a high powered offense. by week 13 (before the pats game) i still think we got a shot at being 5-6. If that's so, then if peyton can come back for the patriots game we've got to make the playoffs b/c Peyton can win 5 straight. If peyton can play then he should because our season isn't over yet.

Yes they both can.

Okay, you don't care what PM wants. But how is it better for for the team, exactly, for him to be out all year?