Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For all the DHB and Walden haters

hoosierhawk

Besides the OP pulling a MMQB and gloating what's the point of this thread?

I get Whalden not being the most popular signing on the planet and questions on DHB, but it just seems sorta silly to make a thread like this...

Its a I told you thread ,My opinion is Walden looked good to me in his 2'nd preseason game

Some did'nt like his signing & have always thought in there opinion there better evaluators of players than the entire Colts Organizations Brain Trust  starting with Ryan Grigson so it does'nt matter how good Walden does some just will not be able to admit there wrong .

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always supported Walden.

DHB still not sold on. Most his completions came from short routes and quick hitters. We'll see how he does when he gets corner endzone passes like the one Hilton had and other deeper routes

Anyone can catch a 1-5 yard pass, his hands are questionable when it's medium & deep passes

DHB rarely uses his hands to catch the ball.  He lets the ball get to his body.  Maybe on deeper routes he will use his hands.  I never saw him catch any balls against the Giants with his hands.  Not sure why he jumps when he does not need to.

I was referring to one individual player getting all this attention and we haven't even seen him play in one game with meaning. I am not an expert in personnel but there seems to be many who think they are. Not even the so called experts can't tell from one preseason game how a player is going to turn out. There have been cases where a certain player shined in preseason but failed come real game time. Some players need some coaching up and game experience to improve. Also sometimes it takes playing past being a rookie to become used to the speed and size of the NFL. Too many fans draw conclusions based on an incomplete time frame. We as Colts fans have witnessed players who fit each of these categories I have mentioned. 

Who are you talking about?

I've been referring to Erik Walden, and I think his play is definitely meaningful, even if the games don't count. He's a veteran, and what he is now is pretty much what he's going to be. 

I get the feeling you're talking about someone else.

Even still, young players who aren't fully developed yet can still be judged on what they do in the preseason. The coaches definitely take these performances into consideration. It's silly to suggest that they don't.

Agree on waiting, but I think the whole eat crow thing stems from people not waiting for games to offer plenty of criticism.

I think it's very odd that some of the same people (not saying you) who bash some players, then use the "wait for a real games" bit, are also inclined to build up guys like Whalen, who has never done anything against real competition outside of practice.

Never mentioned Walden or DHB before. Just saying that Its jumping the gun to put a "told u so" thread when its only preseason games.   

Never mentioned Walden or DHB before. Just saying that Its jumping the gun to put a "told u so" thread when its only preseason games.

That's why I specifically said I wasn't saying you did.

I agree with your assertion, but it cuts both ways. All the criticism is jumping the gun too, and some of us have been saying as much for a while.