Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Urlacher Talking to Broncos & Vikings, Charles Woodson & Urlacher to Visit Broncos

bayone

Urlacher Talking to Broncos & Vikings

this week or next will visit broncos

Though the Denver Post's Mike Klis says no chance:

Mike Klis@MikeKlis

Sorry Brian: #Broncos are not interested in MLB Brian Urlacher. As in period

Then again, according to Mr. Klis last year, he said  the Broncos are long shots to sign Peyton Manning

.http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/5/14/4330424/brian-urlacher-talking-to-denver-broncos

Charles Woodson to Visit Broncos

Vic Lombardi@VicLombardi

Got a great scoop today. Broncos continue to make aggressive moves toward a Super Bowl, kicking the tires on Charles Woodson tomorrow.

11:03 AM - 14 May 2011

Have great day, only time to post news came across,, not to discuuss

Woodson is overrated at this point in his career.  He is no longer a difference maker.  Elway is making too many moves, in my opinion.  I think he should sign Freeney and let the team gel together.

Yeah, I think so too. The team was right there at 13-3 and #1 seed. Don't need to tinker too much...losing Doom really hurts.

I don't think they are making too many moves. Actually really smart moves.

Welker replaces the older Stokely.

Knighton helps solidy a weakfish middle Dline.

Phillips brought some pass rush back after losing Doom.

Ball helps with short yardage.

Urlacher will really help on run D. Plus They need a good MLB. I think two rookies are battling it out currently.

And Woodson, well I don't think Moore needs to be discussed. lol

Plus Urlacher deserves a ring, and he'll get one this year if he joins the Broncos.

Urlacher will really help on run D. Plus They need a good MLB. I think two rookies are battling it out currently.

Plus Urlacher deserves a ring, and he'll get one this year if he joins the Broncos.

Apparently they're talking to Woodson as well. Come on, Broncs...somebody say it. Somebody say "dream team", please. haha

UPDATE 5/14/2013 4:45 PM (MTN):

Chris Bianchi@chrisdbianchi

Told a deal with Charles Woodson likely won't happen until at earliest late tom. or Thursday. #Broncos appear to be favorites for Woodson.

At Bottom Article Notes -

It looks more likely that Woodson at least wants to sign with the Broncos.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/5/14/4330328/charles-woodson-to-visit-broncos

The only real upgrade is Welker and I am not sure if he really was a need at 6mil a year at 32 with a lot of tread on his tires. The rest are nice signings but Philips will not be close to Dumerville.

Charles Woodson.

The veteran safety is on his way to a meeting with the Denver Broncos on Wednesday and has received paperwork concerning a possible return to the Oakland Raiders,

his agent Carl Poston told USA TODAY Sports. Woodson, who was cut by the Green Bay Packers earlier this offseason, isn't about to pack it in.

As for the Raiders, who drafted the 36-year-old Woodson fourth overall in 1998, Poston believes the offer he received was "just kind of preliminary negotiations. Just showing they're interested."

The Broncos appear to be showing more than preliminary interest. Woodson, who clearly wants to play for a contender at this point in his career, could sign before he leaves town.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2013/05/14/free-agent-safety-charles-woodson-visits-broncos/2159327/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UsatodaycomSports-TopStories+%28Sports+-+Top+Stories%29

The only real upgrade is Welker and I am not sure if he really was a need at 6mil a year at 32 with a lot of tread on his tires. The rest are nice signings but Philips will not be close to Dumerville.

welker is ?? ble on impact, good buit not a must move, will have to waut & see

Fax Machine may have really hurt the d as if u cant replace most of Dooms sacks, or at least gives impression u can, Miller will get extra coverage

'

if had doom, then with sly williams could of brought pressure from anywhere across the DL and , kepty all guessing, and that would of helped the DBs

Urlacher & woodsons presence would help locker room and give veteran leadership and help with teaching some finer points to younger players andf though past prime in special situations may, & I say may untill see good results, if signed benefit on ther field

have a good day

will post news if see any,

=====================================================================================

get this , in assted living my 94 year old copd 4;8' 9- pound mom had to kick out anopther resident who is new and doesnt realize are 2 floors from her ownn bed last night and took mmoms glasses, this is now 3 weekls worth of this isuue, am raising hell

was there a good part of the night as while on pg hone she caame back in and mom was screaming, this affects her breathing with her copd and added anxiety, this after they encoraged all to not lock room and now mom forgets too, and when locked for her she forgets she is wearing a key to get in

already was back there this am raising hell to director, esp as was told sunday issue taken care of and then happened a few hrs later on sunday, have to go back againto speak with resident care co[ordinator , 

Its not just medical, issues keeping me busy , just life always seems to have new issues, and fully realize all of us have in some form or another to deal  with

Man they love signing old guys. 

There, I said it. 

Brookings workerd out well, last year at MIL , but hes gone , they are hoping someone young  steps up

but have only  so far bust a 3rd round pick  few years back or an undrafted free agent from last year  

Woodson doesnt fit with anybody else....he's almost done..

But he's perfect for the Broncos because he has just one year left...and the Broncos play high scoring games and need more than four deep backs on many plays.....

.....Urlacher is the same....He has maybe one year left....and he's a run stopper....its pass coverage where he's slowed..

I would sign Urlacher, Woodson and Freeney, all to one year deals....

MOre than anyone in the NFL, Denver is again in it to win it THIS SEASON...

True, he isn't close to Doom, but he gives Denver options where Doom couldn't. He is a thousand times more versatile.

True, he isn't close to Doom, but he gives Denver options where Doom couldn't. He is a thousand times more versatile.

I agree much more versatile. I think they will have issues getting to the QB though as Miller will now get doubled. When they play the AFC iron - Pats, Ravens, Texans, they will need to get pressure to have a chance...

Urlacher is a bit too slow to hang with the best TEs in the league. The key for the Broncos is D-line pressure. Their draft pick Robert Ayers has been developed for this purpose to play opposite Von Miller, he is an unknown but a lot of things depend on him at least for run downs.

Shaun Philips is good at jamming TEs, re-routing them and having active hands at the line of scrimmage to bat down balls at least for passing downs, so that is where his value is. Addition of Woodson will help more than Urlacher w.r.t coverage of TEs and getting safeties in right positions.

Every team has weaknesses at this point in the AFC, bar none. The question is, who executes on game day against those weaknesses and who is healthy on game day, that will ultimately determine who represents the AFC.

I agree much more versatile. I think they will have issues getting to the QB though as Miller will now get doubled. When they play the AFC iron - Pats, Ravens, Texans, they will need to get pressure to have a chance...

If they rush their D-Line, Phillips, and Miller what team is going to keep 7/8 guys down to double team them?

If they rush their D-Line, Phillips, and Miller what team is going to keep 7/8 guys down to double team them?

wolfe had 6 sacks last year & should improve, once DT sly Williams gets acclimated will be a force up the middlle

have many versatile DL

passaing downs can have Miller, wolfe & will;iams lined up next to each   Phillips other side, , Del Rio wil figure other packages, where will blitz come from will be a question to guess

Ayers is better Vs run than Doom,., had some sacks when replaced doom last year at times, and can at least anchor a side

also if  Rookie DE Smith heals he can be a rush force  towards year end 

u just never know, 

stopping TE's may be the most difficult need

I was saying teams will double Miller not Phillips. Still a formidable Dline for sure just not as strong in terms of the rush as it would have been with Doom. It is also a bit undersized.

I was saying teams will double Miller not Phillips. Still a formidable Dline for sure just not as strong in terms of the rush as it would have been with Doom. It is also a bit undersized.

Well once they start double teaming Miller then Phillips will be free. Like I said Phillips may not be dominating like Doom, but he adds versatility Doom didn't.

Plus last time I was on the Broncos board, like two months ago, it was a heavy debate on how much Doom's production is in garbage time.

Well once they start double teaming Miller then Phillips will be free. Like I said Phillips may not be dominating like Doom, but he adds versatility Doom didn't.

Plus last time I was on the Broncos board, like two months ago, it was a heavy debate on how much Doom's production is in garbage time.

Del Rio like the varied possisbilities I read once with him

--------------------------------

statistics due bear out that about doom pending on how defined, as not just at games end when winning but also more during end of 1st half than most of game save for 4th qrter ending if & i do say IF i rem,ember right in article in Mile High report, Bronco version of stampede blue

Never been on Broncos board, tried once I think but whatever I latched onto was a mess so never went back , may not have been official broncos forum like this is for colts

Then again who wants him on Ravens back in at 3-4 LB where he excelled

anyway good night , Im gone , computer shuttng down , Yup its shut

While that is never the best sign, there seems to be a lot of positive energy coming out of the Denver media right now that Denver is still likely to land Woodson. A few solid guys on the Broncos beat suggest they may be negotiating even as you read this.

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi

RT @DJHaVoK58: what the likely hood Woodson signs with Denver-->>>gonna put that likelihood at 61.47% (no clue). he wants a 2-yr deal.

While the Broncos aren't bad at the safety position (despite what one game in January might tell you), they do lack a playmaker. Woodson fits that bill. He's a ballhawk who would add a veteran presence to the Broncos safety position

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/5/16/4336674/charles-woodson-denver-broncos-contract-negotiations