Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade Drake Nevis?

With the addition of Hughes, our defensive line rotation is starting to look a little crowded. I love the motor and passion Nevis has, but he may be a better fit on a 4-3 team. Since he has been injured the last couple of years I am not sure if we could get more than a 2014 5th or 6th rounder, but it might be worth inquiring if there are any interested teams out there.

You know, I think a lot of us are scratching our heads at the unusual amount of D-line acquisitions in free agency and the draft. Obviously we can't carry 10 D-linemen on the 53 man roster........but it makes me wonder what is the plan, is it a pile em' high and sort it out.....or are we going forward running a true hybrid D, which could include up to 5 different D-line player types and we simply now have a couple bodies for each position and want to whittle it down that way?

No matter the thinking, and it will be fun to watch what unfolds and what the thinking is during OTA's, mini- and training camp......in one way, I am kind of glad to see it, we have endured over a decade of dirth at D-line quality....if volume is how you flip that script....I am turning to page two to see how the story goes.

With the addition of Hughes, our defensive line rotation is starting to look a little crowded. I love the motor and passion Nevis has, but he may be a better fit on a 4-3 team. Since he has been injured the last couple of years I am not sure if we could get more than a 2014 5th or 6th rounder, but it might be worth inquiring if there are any interested teams out there.

I'd still trade him to Dallas. They've switched to a Tampa 2 and he's perfect for it.