Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Season tickets?

turner46992

I'm still undecided what section to go for.  I'm leaning towards the green sections, and have been combing over google street view and seatdata's views.  Its been probably 2 years since I've been to a game (used to live in IL, recently relocated back to IN), so I'm trying to remember various views.  I'm really curious to see exactly what is out there for grabs, especially since I'm just going for the single.

The email mentioned people getting offered new seats starting on the 22nd of April.  Has anyone been able to recently acquire seats and speak to the selection process, or what all was out there?

I'm still undecided what section to go for.  I'm leaning towards the green sections, and have been combing over google street view and seatdata's views.  Its been probably 2 years since I've been to a game (used to live in IL, recently relocated back to IN), so I'm trying to remember various views.  I'm really curious to see exactly what is out there for grabs, especially since I'm just going for the single.

The email mentioned people getting offered new seats starting on the 22nd of April.  Has anyone been able to recently acquire seats and speak to the selection process, or what all was out there?

Here's Sec 446.  I'm not sure I'd want to go higher (or much lower for that matter).  It's low enough to see but high enough to have depth across the field.

20120830_184328.jpg

I'm wondering how this "up for grabs" seat selection will work.  I would suggest trying to get the best possible location because if the team continues to play well, it will be very difficult to move to a better seat in the future. 

I'm wondering how this "up for grabs" seat selection will work.  I would suggest trying to get the best possible location because if the team continues to play well, it will be very difficult to move to a better seat in the future. 

I thought the same thing.  Also those seats may be easier to sell if you can't make a game or two.  What I'd really like is to be able to get into the stadium before the 3rd and just sit in various spots, but that's just dreaming.  Picking a seat location for a single game is one thing, but knowing I'll be locked in for a season and beyond based upon online views makes me a little more careful about it.

I thought the same thing.  Also those seats may be easier to sell if you can't make a game or two.  What I'd really like is to be able to get into the stadium before the 3rd and just sit in various spots, but that's just dreaming.  Picking a seat location for a single game is one thing, but knowing I'll be locked in for a season and beyond based upon online views makes me a little more careful about it.

There's a season ticket event scheduled according to this article from IndyStar.com:

http://www.indystar.com/article/20130410/SPORTS03/304100068/Indianapolis-Colts-season-ticket-sales-returned-Peyton-Manning-era-renewal-rates

"The team has scheduled a season ticket event in conjunction with a June 12 mandatory minicamp practice at Lucas Oil Stadium. Existing season ticket holders will be able to change their seats to available locations while prospective customers also can scout out the available seats.

Once season ticket sales have been exhausted, any remaining tickets would be made available on a per-game basis."

I want to tell you first hand, I bought tickets to single games and the seat from the virtual viewer just dont do a seat justice, if you feel a seat might look ok on the viewer, then possible that seat looks 20x better in person. for example the first seats I ever had at LOS was a in 640 row 4  2seats and from the viewer it looks very distant from the field but from that section you can still see very well where the ball is at and placement of downs on the field. I wont trust a seat view from the net because I know first hand they will more than likely look better in person. just saying as a tip to you 

I want to tell you first hand, I bought tickets to single games and the seat from the virtual viewer just dont do a seat justice, if you feel a seat might look ok on the viewer, then possible that seat looks 20x better in person. for example the first seats I ever had at LOS was a in 640 row 4  2seats and from the viewer it looks very distant from the field but from that section you can still see very well where the ball is at and placement of downs on the field. I wont trust a seat view from the net because I know first hand they will more than likely look better in person. just saying as a tip to you 

Yep I do fully agree that in person is much better than the online pics.  If you tweak the seatdata url, you can get much better and bigger pics that give a slightly better idea.

In the URL below, just change the section number at the end.

http://www.seatdata.com/images/nfl_colts/2048x1536/243.jpg

Much to my surprise, even though I went for a single, my top two choices disappeared before 2 pm.  But I got a seat in 216.  Wanted the home side, but this'll do just fine too.

That looks like it's a great location.  I'm just curious.  How did the seat selection process work? 

Really simple to pick seats.  You can get a real good idea by checking out http://colts.io-media.com/.  The buying process uses this exact model.  Except in the buying process, the map tells you what sections have openings.  You pick section you want, then it'll show open seats and you pick your exact seats.  Took just a minute or two.  Aside from a few scattered singles in lower sections, all the paired seats are in the corner 600s.  I'll guess and say there's about 1000-1200 seats open to pick from.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who is looking to buy season tickets, it looks like the waiting list may have been completely wiped out again.  The Colts are selling season tickets on the colts.com website.  You can just click and buy and you don't have to even get on a waiting list anymore.  The available seats seem to be mostly in the 600 levels although I do see some single seats in the 200, 300, and 400 levels.

Let's sell LOS out and keep the opposing fans out!

Check it out:

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/colts/EN/buy/details/13FS