Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Season tickets?

turner46992

I just paid to be on the waiting list. My question is how long does it usually take to find out if there are tickets available. Also, Do they offer me tickets in a section or do I get to choose what is available?

My understanding is that they had a 95% renewal rate this year but I don't know how many people are still on the wait list.  My guess is once your name comes up, they will tell you what sections are available.  It may be one or multiple sections. 

I just paid to be on the waiting list. My question is how long does it usually take to find out if there are tickets available. Also, Do they offer me tickets in a section or do I get to choose what is available?

They sent out seating assignments for season ticket holders a week or two ago, so they should be in the process of filling the non-renewed seats as we speak. 

They sent out seating assignments for season ticket holders a week or two ago, so they should be in the process of filling the non-renewed seats as we speak. 

Awesome! Sounds good, Ill just wait it out and see what happens, I put in for 3 seats so hopefully my name comes up soon. Thanks for the answers guys 

how long will depend on what number you are, and how quickly things turn over. During the later Manning years, there was very little turnover, and people stayed on the waiting list for years. My parents were on it for about 7 years. Then 2011 happened, and the waiting list disappeared entirely.

If Luck continues to develop into a star, you may remain on the outside looking in for the better part of his career... Possibly.

When you do get seats, you will get what you get, presumably based on what you said you wanted. You then get to apply for upgrades and/or additional seats yearly. It took me 12 years to finally get my 6 seats out of the 600 level... Coincidentally after the 2011 season and the mass exodus that followed.

I signed up last Friday for a single season ticket.  I emailed the ticket reps (who responded in just minutes), and they said I'll get a letter and email saying I can buy season tickets on May 3.  That's oddly specific.  I do wonder if going for a single helped me (cause there's always a single somewhere), or maybe they still have enough room to burn off the wait list?

Awesome! Sounds good, Ill just wait it out and see what happens, I put in for 3 seats so hopefully my name comes up soon. Thanks for the answers guys 

I wouldn't hold your breath.

The people who are season ticket holders right now probably fall into a couple categories; 

1) Die hards

2) People who are die hards who were on the waiting list for years and only got off it because of Curtis Painter (I'm here)

3) Brokers

After 2011, you probably got rid of a lot of the fans who only wanted to see winning football.  What you have now is a stadium more full of people who want to be there, which means you're going to have little turnover, if any.  Brokers aren't giving up their seats this year because it's the new hot item.

Good luck, though.  I paid my dues by being on the waiting list for 5 or 6 years and it was the silver lining for me of the 2011 season that I got tickets.

I have some questions about season tickets, as I'm thinking about joining the waiting list.

1. If I want say green level season tickets, and I get on the waiting list, but on my turn all that is available is upper deck, what happens? Can I opt to wait?

2. Green seats say they cost $1,260. What additional fees are there above this cost? Sales Tax? I know here in NY there is a seat fee on top of the ticket costs.

3. Does anyone here have season tickets? Any info would be helpful.

I have some questions about season tickets, as I'm thinking about joining the waiting list.

1. If I want say green level season tickets, and I get on the waiting list, but on my turn all that is available is upper deck, what happens? Can I opt to wait?

2. Green seats say they cost $1,260. What additional fees are there above this cost? Sales Tax? I know here in NY there is a seat fee on top of the ticket costs.

1) I don't know about #1

2) I think there is a nominal fee, but nothing substantial.  My 4 tickets in Sec. 446 (green section) were $5,045.

3) I do.

1) I don't know about #1

2) I think there is a nominal fee, but nothing substantial.  My 4 tickets in Sec. 446 (green section) were $5,045.

3) I do.

Thanks,

I think I am  going to do it, the weird part being that I live in NY, I only plan to go to one or two games a year, but I think I can at least break even selling the rest on stubhub.

I'd have to confirm with my dad, but I think he was on the wait list for club seats, but was offered 400 level seats last year until the clubs become available.

I signed up last Friday for a single season ticket.  I emailed the ticket reps (who responded in just minutes), and they said I'll get a letter and email saying I can buy season tickets on May 3.  That's oddly specific.  I do wonder if going for a single helped me (cause there's always a single somewhere), or maybe they still have enough room to burn off the wait list?

Going for a single seats definitely helps because those single seat season tickets are hard to sell.  That's how I got my seat a couple of years.

I emailed the Colts and asked them about location, in terms of if we can pick zones or if its luck of the draw.  They tell me we get to pick exact seats.  If you want quick/accurate answers, I'd recommend you email them - TicketOperations@Colts.nfl.net

If I remember correctly, I think they call you and tell you what seats are available and then you choose from what's available. 

We have had season tix since 1999.

1) You have options either way.  They are not going to make you take tix that are above your price range.  If you are only offered tix in areas that you don't prefer to sit, my understanding is you can decline and just remain on the wait list.  The only thing is that it delays your chance to move to a more preferred location.

2) We sit in the green seats and there are no additional fees top of the $1260.  Any taxes and fees are already built in to the cost.

I contacted the people at the ticket operations, they said i would receive a letter later this week to notify me that i will be able to select my seats at colts.com on may 3rd.

That's great!  Maybe the Colts are blowing smoke about ticket renewals.  They said they had a 95% renewal rate and that the wait list had grown. 

I found this article at the Indy Star website.  Apparently, there are 5500 season tickets available after the 95% renewal rate.  It was 87% renewal after the 2-14 season.  I think the wait list was completely exhausted last season so anyone who wants season tickets should be able to get them this year.  I know of people last year who weren't on the wait list and got season tickets.  They just called up ticket operations and asked were season tickets available and they were able to purchase them right over the phone. 

http://www.indystar.com/article/20130410/SPORTS03/304100068/Indianapolis-Colts-season-ticket-sales-returned-Peyton-Manning-era-renewal-rates

Yeah good article, so hopefully those of us wanting the season tickets this year can manage to get them still. I was taking that email as they would send me a later stating yes i can get them or no I cant, but  it said the letter will notify me that i will be able to buy so we will find out soon I guess

I found this article at the Indy Star website.  Apparently, there are 5500 season tickets available after the 95% renewal rate.  It was 87% renewal after the 2-14 season.  I think the wait list was completely exhausted last season so anyone who wants season tickets should be able to get them this year.  I know of people last year who weren't on the wait list and got season tickets.  They just called up ticket operations and asked were season tickets available and they were able to purchase them right over the phone. 

http://www.indystar.com/article/20130410/SPORTS03/304100068/Indianapolis-Colts-season-ticket-sales-returned-Peyton-Manning-era-renewal-rates

Yeah good article, so hopefully those of us wanting the season tickets this year can manage to get them still. I was taking that email as they would send me a later stating yes i can get them or no I cant, but  it said the letter will notify me that i will be able to buy so we will find out soon I guess

I guess they are still in the process of assigning seat upgrades and additions to existing season ticket holders.  They have to notify people who requested upgrades and additions and give them time to decide on it an pay the invoice.  Maybe by May 3 they will know exactly what seats are left for sale.

Good Luck!

Another silly question.

Are season tickets a good investment? If I attend one or two games a year, will I cover my costs by selling the rest of the tickets?

That's not a silly question.  I actually did the same thing when I first got my season tickets about 3 years ago.  I live in Indy now but I was living in MS when I first got my season tickets.  I would bring my family here to Indy a couple of times a year and catch some games.  I sold the remainder of the tickets.  The first year I pretty much broke even or maybe even came out a little bit ahead.  Peyton was still here and people were willing to buy the tickets above face value.  The second year was the infamous 2-14 season.  I still came up for a couple of games but I ended up selling the remainder of the tickets at or below face value.  This past season we were living in Indy so we went to more games.  We were trying to buy a house so I listed most of the tickets for sale and if they sold for the price I was asking, I sold them.  If not, we would go to the games.  Since the team was playing well, and good teams were coming here to play, I had no problem selling my tickets for the price that I wanted.  I was even surprised that some of them sold for so much. 

The bottom line is that I wouldn't necessarily buy them just as an investment.  If you're going to come to some games and sell the remainder then you should be ok.  I wouldn't buy them expecting to break even or make a profit.  It's also pretty expensive to actually sell the tickets.  Stubhub charges 15% and NFL Ticket Exchange charges 10% so that can really cut into your profit. 

That's not a silly question.  I actually did the same thing when I first got my season tickets about 3 years ago.  I live in Indy now but I was living in MS when I first got my season tickets.  I would bring my family here to Indy a couple of times a year and catch some games.  I sold the remainder of the tickets.  The first year I pretty much broke even or maybe even came out a little bit ahead.  Peyton was still here and people were willing to buy the tickets above face value.  The second year was the infamous 2-14 season.  I still came up for a couple of games but I ended up selling the remainder of the tickets at or below face value.  This past season we were living in Indy so we went to more games.  We were trying to buy a house so I listed most of the tickets for sale and if they sold for the price I was asking, I sold them.  If not, we would go to the games.  Since the team was playing well, and good teams were coming here to play, I had no problem selling my tickets for the price that I wanted.  I was even surprised that some of them sold for so much. 

The bottom line is that I wouldn't necessarily buy them just as an investment.  If you're going to come to some games and sell the remainder then you should be ok.  I wouldn't buy them expecting to break even or make a profit.  It's also pretty expensive to actually sell the tickets.  Stubhub charges 15% and NFL Ticket Exchange charges 10% so that can really cut into your profit. 

I got another question as  I wait to see if I can get my tickets, If I am able to choose tickets do I need to pay the whole amount up front or am i given the option to make payments. Either way it doest really matter I can cover the cost up front but Id rather just make some payments if its an option 

Yeah I'm pretty sure you can choose to pass and stay on the list.

I got another question as  I wait to see if I can get my tickets, If I am able to choose tickets do I need to pay the whole amount up front or am i given the option to make payments. Either way it doest really matter I can cover the cost up front but Id rather just make some payments if its an option 

You have to pay it all up front. They stopped doing the payment thing several years ago. At least that's my understanding.

You have to pay it all up front.  I think club seat holders can make two payments.  I have a Colts credit card and using the card lets me have six months no interest on the purchase. 

Another silly question.

Are season tickets a good investment? If I attend one or two games a year, will I cover my costs by selling the rest of the tickets?

I've only once considered selling tickets... to the playoff game against the Steelers (the one that made Vandershank infamous). I ended up choosing to go, but could have sold my 2 seats for enough to pay for the whole season, plus all the food and beer I purchased over the year at the stadium.

That would have been one of only about 8 games in the 12 years I've been an STH that would have been anywhere near that lucrative.

I've only once considered selling tickets... to the playoff game against the Steelers (the one that made Vandershank infamous). I ended up choosing to go, but could have sold my 2 seats for enough to pay for the whole season, plus all the food and beer I purchased over the year at the stadium.

That would have been one of only about 8 games in the 12 years I've been an STH that would have been anywhere near that lucrative.

When I had season tickets a few years ago, post season tickets weren't included in the upfront fee, but offered if we made the playoffs, and had potential home games.

Was that different for you back then?

While we're waiting to pick our tickets next week, I wanted to get everyones take on locations.  I imagine I'll be up in the corners, but as I'm getting only a single, maybe I'll get lucky and get lower.  Does anyone have any experience with the views from the upper corners or high end zones?  If by luck I can grab a more expensive zone, is it worth the upgrade?  Also, any thoughts on facing the side window that opens or not?  I have been playing around with the lucas oil seat view thing on their web page, and the views don't look bad from anywhere, but its obviously real different in real life.

With a few folks saying they can pick on the 3rd, I'm starting to wonder if this is going to work like a big ticketmaster rush and its first come first serve.

I plan to get seats in endzone locations i think they are close to 900 a seat, If I can of course but thats my plan I sat in seats in that area for the Jets playoff game(peytons last game as a colts) and against the browns when we had collins at qb. the seats your talking about I sat in the corner seats up fairly high one year for a titans game and I wasnt a fan of the seats really. Im not going to be picky when it comes to choosing my seats ( if I am able to next week). Id like to be in the red seats but if I can then ill take what is there for the taking  

While we're waiting to pick our tickets next week, I wanted to get everyones take on locations.  I imagine I'll be up in the corners, but as I'm getting only a single, maybe I'll get lucky and get lower.  Does anyone have any experience with the views from the upper corners or high end zones?  If by luck I can grab a more expensive zone, is it worth the upgrade?  Also, any thoughts on facing the side window that opens or not?  I have been playing around with the lucas oil seat view thing on their web page, and the views don't look bad from anywhere, but its obviously real different in real life.

With a few folks saying they can pick on the 3rd, I'm starting to wonder if this is going to work like a big ticketmaster rush and its first come first serve.

one more thing. Seats look better in person than they do online. so If they look good to you online they will look better in person. They always said there isnt a bad seat in LOS. I am a firm believer that there isnt. Some seats arent as good as another but still a pretty decent seat overall. 

Since I'm an impatient guy, I called up the colts to see how this all will work.  The day before we're to pick our seats, we'll get a email with a special link that'll take us somewhere on colts.com.  We'll get to a seat pinpointer thing and we pick exactly what we want.  He specifically mentioned zones with spots open included green/$1260, blue/$1040 and yellow/$690, and said there'd be about 100 people going for seats when the "doors" open around 10 am on the 3rd.  When I mentioned I was going for a single, he said I'd basically have any section I wanted, from section 100's on up.  So until then, I'm back to deciding if I want up close or high level view.

I put my name on the waitlist at the beginning of last season. I tried to get tickets then but they hadnt sold out season tickets so they converted remaining tickets to single game tickets so I missed the deadline to get them then. So Im assuming im close to top of wait list. I received a letter in early march saying I would be contacted again at end of march with further info about getting tickets. Well I never heard anything so on April 14 I emailed them and they replied on April 15 telling me they were behind schedule and I would be receiving more info within the next 2 days. Well I never received anymore info and so I just emailed them again today and they tell me that they sent me a letter and an email on April 16 but I never received either.  They told me that I can log in on May 1st at 2:00pm and see whats available. I see everyone else here is saying May 3rd. Can anyone here tell me whats going on?