Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Charley Casserly's Most Overrated & Underrated....

I agree with most of it, My list is

Overrated-

1.Ziggy Ansah 

2.Geno Smith

3.Larry Warford (talked about as a 1st round pick, I dont think he is, plus he has a higher grade then Cooper which I think is absurd)

4.Dion Jordan-simply dont have the numbers to backup going in the top 5 which is likely where he will go

5.Lane Johnson (I see him as a fringe 1st round pick, he is talked about as a higher pick)

Underrated

1.Baccari Rambo

2.Barrett Jones

3.Alec Lemon

4.Brandan Bishop

5.Joe Vellano

My underrated list could go on

I agree with most of it, My list is

Overrated-

1.Ziggy Ansah 

2.Geno Smith

3.Larry Warford (talked about as a 1st round pick, I dont think he is, plus he has a higher grade then Cooper which I think is absurd)

4.Dion Jordan-simply dont have the numbers to backup going in the top 5 which is likely where he will go

5.Lane Johnson (I see him as a fringe 1st round pick, he is talked about as a higher pick)

Underrated

1.Baccari Rambo

2.Barrett Jones

3.Alec Lemon

4.Brandan Bishop

5.Joe Vellano

My underrated list could go on

How is Warford overrated? Haven't really heard anyone claiming he is a 1st rounder...other than the intern who does the nfl.com draft tracker.

I thought I heard Mcshay say he could sneak into the bottom of the first

I don't think you heard that...   because McShay and his staff have Warford with a low 2nd round grade....

By the way, Bill Polian,  the man who picked Freeney,  said on ESPN today that Ansah is absolutely worth a top-10 pick.

Compared him favorably to..........

Hall of Famer Bruce Smith.

I don't think you heard that...   because McShay and his staff have Warford with a low 2nd round grade....

By the way, Bill Polian,  the man who picked Freeney,  said on ESPN today that Ansah is absolutely worth a top-10 pick.

Compared him favorably to..........

Hall of Famer Bruce Smith.

Perhaps I didn't hear that. I tend to pay more attention towards the NFL Network compared to Kiper and Mchsay, nothing personal just a personal preference of mine, I also dont have Insider when it comes to there mock drafts so I haven't gotten a true idea as to where they think such and such player will fall. As to Ansah himself, I like him, I think he will be good, maybe even great but he is clearly raw, he shows flashes for sure but is very very raw, I dont see him right now as a rush linebacker. Right now I think he fits the Sam Linebacker role and could develop into the Jack Linebacker role(pass rush 3-4 linebacker role). Either way he flashes good instincts stopping the run. just raw in pass rushing. If I am a team (I know he will got early) I wouldn't draft him in the first unless I already had another player or two he could learn from while not having the pressure of starting right off with high expectations from the start. Just my opinions, Dont amount to much. I believe he could be better then Smith though or that he should shoot to be BETTER then that, an ALL AROUND DE/OLB. Again just my opinions

Perhaps I didn't hear that. I tend to pay more attention towards the NFL Network compared to Kiper and Mchsay, nothing personal just a personal preference of mine, I also dont have Insider when it comes to there mock drafts so I haven't gotten a true idea as to where they think such and such player will fall. As to Ansah himself, I like him, I think he will be good, maybe even great but he is clearly raw, he shows flashes for sure but is very very raw, I dont see him right now as a rush linebacker. Right now I think he fits the Sam Linebacker role and could develop into the Jack Linebacker role(pass rush 3-4 linebacker role). Either way he flashes good instincts stopping the run. just raw in pass rushing. If I am a team (I know he will got early) I wouldn't draft him in the first unless I already had another player or two he could learn from while not having the pressure of starting right off with high expectations from the start. Just my opinions, Dont amount to much. I believe he could be better then Smith though or that he should shoot to be BETTER then that, an ALL AROUND DE/OLB. Again just my opinions

Here was the hi-lite of Polian's take on Ansah...   it was impressive...

Polian said he saw an early season BYU game where Utah threw a lot of double-team blocks at him.  Said Ansah was totally lost and confused.   Didn't know what to do.

Then,  roughly 6 weeks later,  BYU played ND and the Irish did the same thing....   he said Ansah slipped all the double team blocks with ease....   said it was very impressive to have come so far in such a short period of time.   Says there are current NFL players that don't do that as well.

That's when he said that as a raw prospect, he compared him favorably to HoF Bruce Smith....

It was a very impressive recommendation.

I like Ansah a lot.   I don't know if I'd be brave enough to take him with a top-5 pick.   I don't think teams can afford to miss on a top-5 pick....     but this kid maybe the exception to the rule....   and perhaps you just follow the old saying scouts love to use....

Gamble on greatness.

Here was the hi-lite of Polian's take on Ansah...   it was impressive...

Polian said he saw an early season BYU game where Utah threw a lot of double-team blocks at him.  Said Ansah was totally lost and confused.   Didn't know what to do.

Then,  roughly 6 weeks later,  BYU played ND and the Irish did the same thing....   he said Ansah slipped all the double team blocks with ease....   said it was very impressive to have come so far in such a short period of time.   Says there are current NFL players that don't do that as well.

That's when he said that as a raw prospect, he compared him favorably to HoF Bruce Smith....

It was a very impressive recommendation.

I like Ansah a lot.   I don't know if I'd be brave enough to take him with a top-5 pick.   I don't think teams can afford to miss on a top-5 pick....     but this kid maybe the exception to the rule....   and perhaps you just follow the old saying scouts love to use....

Gamble on greatness.

Personally I'd take Jarvis Jones, not just before Ansah but before any OL/DE hybrid with the possible exception of Mingo (Who I haven't watched nearly enough to say much about)

Personally I'd take Jarvis Jones, not just before Ansah but before any OL/DE hybrid with the possible exception of Mingo (Who I haven't watched nearly enough to say much about)

For what it's worth....   and I admit it maybe worth nothing....

But I don't watch a lot of tape.    I watch some here and there....

What I try to do is compile as much information from as many sources as I can....

ESPN, NFLN, Pro Football Weekly,  PF Focus,  PF Talk and so on.... 

I try and get a read of what I think the leading evaluators are saying....    Some things are said that make complete sense....  other things are said that don't add up to me.... 

I try to sift through information and form some type of view as to how players are being graded...

I admire that you watch so much tape.   I watch some,  but not nearly as much,  not even close.    Again,  I look for information.  I think I'm a good judge of information.   For example that story you linked earlier today from Jason LaCanfore (sp?)   I thought that was great.   Even though there were some things that didn't add up to me,  most things did.  So, on balance,  it was a very good story.    But that's how I judge players.....  by gathering information and factoring it in along with evaluations that I read....

For what it's worth....   and I admit it maybe worth nothing....

But I don't watch a lot of tape.    I watch some here and there....

What I try to do is compile as much information from as many sources as I can....

ESPN, NFLN, Pro Football Weekly,  PF Focus,  PF Talk and so on.... 

I try and get a read of what I think the leading evaluators are saying....    Some things are said that make complete sense....  other things are said that don't add up to me.... 

I try to sift through information and form some type of view as to how players are being graded...

I admire that you watch so much tape.   I watch some,  but not nearly as much,  not even close.    Again,  I look for information.  I think I'm a good judge of information.   For example that story you linked earlier today from Jason LaCanfore (sp?)   I thought that was great.   Even though there were some things that didn't add up to me,  most things did.  So, on balance,  it was a very good story.    But that's how I judge players.....  by gathering information and factoring it in along with evaluations that I read....

As do I but I also like to form my own opinions based on what I see with my own to eyes, I've always believed (and I am not saying what you hear analysts say or anyone else for that matter of course) is untrue but I been trying hard not to form an opinion just because so and so said this about  a player so it must be true (I not saying thats how you operate. far be it for me to tell you how you operate. someone I have never met, Im just saying I try to avoid that) but I like to form an opinion based on what I hear and put that together with what I see and see if I taken in the same things that so and so says....Hope that makes sense