Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kaepernick or RG111?

jshipp23

One could argue that 12 only had the stats/yds because of the offense Arians had him running too. A QB just does what his OC asks of him, it's not his fault. Especially if said QB does very well.

If luck had the line he would have had the stats and less TO if RG3 or Wilson were on the colts it would have been ugly

If luck had the line he would have had the stats and less TO if RG3 or Wilson were on the colts it would have been ugly

I disagree, but we should leave it at that. I've had enough derailed threads today lol. I will say this, however...you cannot fault Griff or Wilson for having o-line's. I also wouldn't discount them and say nonchalantly that they wouldn't have done well in Indianapolis. Heck, they might have been running completely different offenses altogether if either had been drafted first overall. We'll never know though.

I disagree, but we should leave it at that. I've had enough derailed threads today lol. I will say this, however...you cannot fault Griff or Wilson for having o-line's. I also wouldn't discount them and say nonchalantly that they wouldn't have done well in Indianapolis. Heck, they might have been running completely different offenses altogether if either had been drafted first overall. We'll never know though.

I'm not faulting them just tired of everyone bashing luck when he had a horrible line and media and everyone else praises RG3 like a god it sickens me

I'm not faulting them just tired of everyone bashing luck when he had a horrible line and media and everyone else praises RG3 like a god it sickens me

Well can you blame the media...Griffin played well and has that money personality. If 12 acted like Griffin did then he would be getting the same attention as well. They were both successful rookies and I know that the talking heads are absolutely in love with them both, just like they were pre-Draft. The only real difference in the two is their personalities. 12 is a nice guy too, and when he starts to blossom more, then I'm sure he'll get the cameras and questions all the time too haha

Well can you blame the media...Griffin played well and has that money personality. If 12 acted like Griffin did then he would be getting the same attention as well. They were both successful rookies and I know that the talking heads are absolutely in love with them both, just like they were pre-Draft. The only real difference in the two is their personalities. 12 is a nice guy too, and when he starts to blossom more, then I'm sure he'll get the cameras and questions all the time too haha

Nah I'm not worried Luck is more like Peyton and Peyton always gets shafted by the media too and even most football fans it's whatever lol

Nah I'm not worried Luck is more like Peyton and Peyton always gets shafted by the media too and even most football fans it's whatever lol

Peyton? Shafted? My gosh all anyone does is praise the guy in the media.

Luck's issue is his personality. He is not as charming as RG. Not sure if it ever will be as that is not his style but if he continues to win than he will get the attention. RG deserved all that he got last year for his performance on the field. He is head and shoulders above Kaep across the board.

rg3 gets a lot of credit even though Alfred morris helped him out a lot. I'm sure 80% of his snaps were in the pistol offense without being in that formation I doubt he'd look so good. his completion percentage was only good and accurate because the run game made it easy to play action if he had no run game how good would he produce fully being asked to do more.

One could argue that 12 only had the stats/yds because of the offense Arians had him running too. A QB just does what his OC asks of him, it's not his fault. Especially if said QB does very well.

If every QB could put up Lucks numbers, just by copying Arians offense, that system would be much more prevalent lol.

Jets would kill for Sanchez to put up those numbers haha. But it's more than a matter of system IMO.

If every QB could put up Lucks numbers, just by copying Arians offense, that system would be much more prevalent lol.

Jets would kill for Sanchez to put up those numbers haha. But it's more than a matter of system IMO.

Sanchez just sucks period. He won't thrive in any system lol.

Sanchez just sucks period. He won't thrive in any system lol.

I do not want to go off track on Kaep vs RG3, but think about how many times Luck got away from the rush that Sanchez would have been leveled....Luck fumbled enough...Sanchez could not have handled it...IMO.

I do not want to go off track on Kaep vs RG3, but think about how many times Luck got away from the rush that Sanchez would have been leveled....Luck fumbled enough...Sanchez could not have handled it...IMO.

Yep. Another plus at having mobile QBs.

rg3 gets a lot of credit even though Alfred morris helped him out a lot. I'm sure 80% of his snaps were in the pistol offense without being in that formation I doubt he'd look so good. his completion percentage was only good and accurate because the run game made it easy to play action if he had no run game how good would he produce fully being asked to do more.

Good points but the Skins asked him to do a lot in his rookie year. He had to run the pistol and a traditional offense. He also dealt with a ton of injuries to his offensive skill guys. I want to see him have a full season with his complete arsenal of weapons. I think it is scary at how good he could become. I just hope Shanny doesn't ruin him. I still think there is a feud brewing between the two of them. Hopefully the get it figured out.

Thank you and well said.

Kap has like 9 games under his belt now. Lets see what he does with a full season under his belt before claiming he's the greatest. lol

Same with Kolb, same with Flynn, etc.

Heck, at least RG3, Luck & Wilson earned their stripes.

Not to mention kap, even got to sit a year under Smith and learn.

NFL Football has a 16 game season.

Not 9

rg3 has yet to play 16 games

Definitely Kap.  I think he's going to be good and I liked him in college when he beat Boise St.  He was impressive.  Also, I like his personality way better than Griffin.  Griffin has a Dallas Cowboy (must have rubbed off on him while in Texas) kind of need for attention.

Definitely Kap. I think he's going to be good and I liked him in college when he beat Boise St. He was impressive. Also, I like his personality way better than Griffin. Griffin has a Dallas Cowboy (must have rubbed off on him while in Texas) kind of need for attention.

Yep and the media treats him the same as if he was on the cowboys OVERRATED haha

He was getting blanked by the Falcons until Ryan started turning the ball over to let him back in. I thought he looked terrible in the Falcons game an even worse in the SB. If the lights didn't go out he was on his way to one of the worst beat downs in SB history. He did lead a nice comeback but looked terrible on all four plays inside the red zone.

RG is just a smarter and more instinctive QB. He reads defenses better. And like I said, he was not on the best team in the league who had half of their wins given to him by the starter who was pulled because of a concussion.

If you are going by appearances , you might be wrong about the "smarter" issue. Kaepernick was a very "raw" prospect coming out of Nevada. Maybe something to do with his baseball career , dunno... but there is nothing anywhere that questions his intelligence. I thought the same thing as you looking at all the tattoos and he just doesn't appear to be a cerebral type guy. My son told me that he had read that infact the opposite is true . the guy is extremely intelligent. I did search the web and found tons to support this .

Also there is nothing out there to support the assertion that RG3 can read a defense better than Kaepernick. There was (is) a lot of talk that RG3 would struggle if he had to make the reads needed in running a more conventional offense. This would be due to lack of experience doing so rather than an intelligence factor. I really can't comment whether true or not ... how would I know ? But bottom line is Keap. is a very bright guy and I think it's way to early too say that his intelligence doesn't equate to football smarts.