Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Updated 05/04 13 with trade

Trade 24   to Philly for 2nd and 4th

2nd round  Larry Warford OG Kentucky    - Fills a huge need come in compete for the other guard position

3rd    Sean porter OLB  Texas A/M      NOT SOLD ON WALDEN  could be steal of the draft

4thLogan Ryan  CB Rutgers     - could be a good depth move and pushes vaughan further down the       depth   chart :)

4th  Cornelius Washington  DE  Georgia  

6th  Reid Fragel 

7th kicker to push vinateri

Thoughts?

It is a good trade, to go down to early 2nd round and pick up a 4th round pick.  And Warford could be the pick in the early 2nd round, but I think I like Dallas Thomas and Terron Armstead a little more if you are going with OL in the early 2nd round.

More likely, you would go Arthur Brown, Jamie Collins, John Cyprien with early 2nd rounder.

Go maybe a Brandon Williams NG or Zaviar Gooden LB in the 3rd round

AND Go Schwenke/Winters/Thornton for your OL in the 4th round

AND Go Chase Thomas LB or Michael Buchanan LB with your other 4th rounder

So ideally...

2. Cyprien S

3. Gooden LB

4. Winters G-T

4. Thomas LB 

Trade 24   to Philly for 2nd and 4th

To trade down that far,  we'll get much more than a 2 & a 4...

Indy's 1st round pick for Philly's 2nd & 4th rounds would not be enough trade compensation for the Colts.  According to the Drafttek Trade Value Chart, the Colt's 1st rounder (pick #24) is worth 740 points.  Philly's 2nd rounder (pick #35) is worth 550, and their 4th rounder (pick #101) worth 96.  Given the OP's trade scenario, Indy would be losing 94 points in draft value, the equivalent of a high 4th round pick.

Philly would need to trade their 2nd + 3rd round picks in order to move back up into the 1st round at pick #24.

No dont think he is a reach at all in the 3rd but he is not a great pass rusher either, more along the lines of strong side linebacker, Not a pass rusher I could pin my hopes on in getting to the QB consistently

It is a good trade, to go down to early 2nd round and pick up a 4th round pick.  And Warford could be the pick in the early 2nd round, but I think I like Dallas Thomas and Terron Armstead a little more if you are going with OL in the early 2nd round.

More likely, you would go Arthur Brown, Jamie Collins, John Cyprien with early 2nd rounder.

Go maybe a Brandon Williams NG or Zaviar Gooden LB in the 3rd round

AND Go Schwenke/Winters/Thornton for your OL in the 4th round

AND Go Chase Thomas LB or Michael Buchanan LB with your other 4th rounder

So ideally...

2. Cyprien S

3. Gooden LB

4. Winters G-T

4. Thomas LB 

Why would draft an early 2nd rd. OT? We have our bookend tackle's.