Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Emanuel Sanders signs Pats Offer sheet!

weslo1812

According Rotoworld.com he has signed their offer sheet. They could pull a steel on the Steelers here. If they structered the offer in such a way where it would be too much for the Steelers to match, due to their cap strains. Basically front load it alot. Then pats just give up theire third rounder and Sanders is theirs. Steelers losing alot of talent.

When I heard this, I hated it because it is the Patriots, but I have to admit it is smart. Sanders is very good, young and improving. Tendered at a 3, this is a steal. I think looking at RFA and what the tender is can be smart. Just think about getting someone as good as Sanders in the 3rd round, not likely. I still wonder if anyone is going to go after Cruz with that 1st round tender. Baltimore's Pitta is a 3rd tender, but we don't need TE's. I still think looking at RFA's and their tenders is smart business. Especially for receivers since they take at least a year usually to develop. Using RFA, no waiting for development. Sanders would fit well with the Patriots, unfortunately!

5885.jpg

Updating a previous item, the Washington Observer-Reporter reports restricted free agent Emmanuel Sanders left New England Friday without signing an offer sheet.

It appears the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette jumped the gun. The Patriots are still considering whether to make an offer to Sanders, which would require them to give the Steelers their third-round draft pick if Pittsburgh didn't match the deal. The Boston Globe's Greg Bedard also confirmed Saturday that Sanders has yet to sign an offer sheet. One may still be coming in the near future.

Glad to hear this. I hope they go after two legit WRs on the outside. They released Lloyd as well.

5885.jpg

Updating a previous item, the Washington Observer-Reporter reports restricted free agent Emmanuel Sanders left New England Friday without signing an offer sheet.

It appears the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette jumped the gun. The Patriots are still considering whether to make an offer to Sanders, which would require them to give the Steelers their third-round draft pick if Pittsburgh didn't match the deal. The Boston Globe's Greg Bedard also confirmed Saturday that Sanders has yet to sign an offer sheet. One may still be coming in the near future.

If something actually comes from this, my guess is that they're waiting because the more cap money Pittsburgh spends, the harder it will be for them to match a front-end-loaded contract offer to Sanders. I think they have another week or two before they have to do anything.

Either way this is a smart move, as it's got to have the Steelers scrambling a bit, at the very least.