Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Chiefs, not Chargers, are the Broncos' biggest threat for the AFC West

chad72

That talented team just got more talented on D with the signing of the lunch pail guy in Mike DeVito for their D-line.

They added Dunta Robinson to go with Brandon Flowers and Javier Arenas. They have Eric Berry at safety, and good LBs in Derrick Johnson and Justin Houston to play the run and blitz occasionally. Good D-line with Tamba Hali and DeVito.

Their WRs should make a jump with experience in Jonathan Baldwin. If Bowe, Baldwin and Moeaki remain healthy and they draft Luke Joeckel to go with Brandon Albert, Alex Smith can make enough plays to score in the 20s consistently with a solid O-line.

To me, the most improved team is the Chiefs, not Dolphins. They, not the Chargers, are the Broncos' biggest threat for the AFC West.

Thoughts???

That talented team just got more talented on D with the signing of the lunch pail guy in Mike DeVito for their D-line.

They added Dunta Robinson to go with Brandon Flowers and Javier Arenas. They have Eric Berry at safety, and good LBs in Derrick Johnson and Justin Houston to play the run and blitz occasionally. Good D-line with Tamba Hali and DeVito.

Their WRs should make a jump with experience in Jonathan Baldwin. If Bowe, Baldwin and Moeaki remain healthy and they draft Luke Joeckel to go with Brandon Albert, Alex Smith can make enough plays to score in the 20s consistently with a solid O-line.

To me, the most improved team is the Chiefs, not Dolphins. They, not the Chargers, are the Broncos' biggest threat for the AFC West.

Thoughts???

agree

I agree, but I think they're nowhere close to being in the broncos' league.  I think KC can finish with 8 wins but that's it tops.  Smith is okay, but if they get down by 10 points it's pretty much over.  He doesn't have composure in those situations and just starts forcing poor throws.  While their Defense has some good players, broncos could have scored 50 in their last game vs them. 

But the Chiefs are indeed the biggest competition, but they have zero shot at winning the division at least this year.

I agree that as it stands now the Chiefs will be the toughest of the other three division rivals, with the addition of coach Reid, Smith and others . . . they should do well in the division . . . we'll just have to wait and see if it pans out that way . . .