Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For those who think we signed back-ups, or depth....

NewColtsFan

Management speak if you ask me.  You don't attract new players by telling them they're going to ride the bench all season, and you don't inspire the fans by saying you just spent money on a guy you would rather not play.

Could he be hoping to find a hidden gem, like he did last year with guys like Freeman, Shipley, and Butler?  Absolutely, but I don't believe Grigson is naieve enough to think that everyone we pick up is a future starter.

Geez. Everyone acts like everything that comes out of Grigson's mouth is the holy truth. Some people on here need a reality check badly. Everyone is brought in to contribute. Start, come of the bench, rotate, push others, compete....that is what he is looking for. Granted he did pay out starter money today for these guys but all in all lets please not take everything he says like its coming from the mouth of God.

Every guy we signed today can come in and be a starter.  That's how weak our roster was last year.  I'm happy with what we've done so far and looking forward to more to come.

You don't sign your backups on the first day, everyone wants to grab the starters first because they are the ones in demand.  

3 starters, and 2 guys to rotate, some of the players signed don't u think could have been picked up in a draft? We all don't have to bow down what GM is doing here with the questionable signings and think they are all fantastic players.

3 starters, and 2 guys to rotate, some of the players signed don't u think could have been picked up in a draft? We all don't have to bow down what GM is doing here with the questionable signings and think they are all fantastic players.

In my opinion, the jury is still out on Grigson.  It's way too early to say that he is a successful GM.  He's only had one free agency period and one draft under his belt.  People are giving him too much credit for the 11-5 season.