Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign Lawrence Sidbury LB (confirmed) (merge)

WSnotch

I think Sidbury was a misplaced/cast as a 4-3 DE. I firmly believe he will surprise a lot of people in our 3-4,

nfldraftscout.com had him rated higher than Paul Kruger coming out of college. He's faster, higher vert and long broad jump than Kruger. Also got 4 more on the bench than Kruger. He's even faster than Orakpo. Maybe I'm being naive and too hopeful, but I think Grigson just found another gem.

25p0qba.jpg

I think Sidbury was a misplaced/cast as a 4-3 DE. I firmly believe he will surprise a lot of people in our 3-4,

nfldraftscout.com had him rated higher than Paul Kruger coming out of college. He's faster, higher vert and long broad jump than Kruger. Also got 4 more on the bench than Kruger. He's even faster than Orakpo. Maybe I'm being naive and too hopeful, but I think Grigson just found another gem.

25p0qba.jpg

I sure hope so. Otherwise the OLB corp did not get much better today. I hope we arent throwing a lot of money at this guy

This guy is a heck of an athlete. At 6'2" 266 lbs he ran a 4.57 40 at the combine and he has very good pass rush moves. He never got a chance in Atlanta to showcase anything. I think this guy can be a very good depth OLBer in our system.

I just read an article on Sidbury. Sounds like he landed in the doghouse in Atlanta but was very well thought of by the fans. They thought he had a lot of potential and didn't undertsand why he was not seeing the field more. They think he was cast in the wrong position as a DE and was more of a 3/4 hybrid OLB. Also was mentioned that Polian was high on him in FA and considered him to be a legit "Tier B" FA. So, could be a good move. I'm willing to admit that I have a knee jerk reaction to these 2 LB's that we signed. I hope they work out well.