Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL.com Mock Draft

One of the Scouts Inc guys for ESPN.com  (not McShay)  said while Collins' combine was terrific, he went back over game tape just to be sure. 

Said Collins' game tapes are not very good.    Not instinctive.   Not intuitive.   Can't find the ball.   Slow to react.    On and on.

So, he tests like a first rounder, but plays like a 3rd or 4th rounder.   Collins holds a 3rd round grade with the Scouts Inc folks.

At least, for now....

One of the Scouts Inc guys for ESPN.com  (not McShay)  said while Collins' combine was terrific, he went back over game tape just to be sure. 

Said Collins' game tapes are not very good.    Not instinctive.   Not intuitive.   Can't find the ball.   Slow to react.    On and on.

So, he tests like a first rounder, but plays like a 3rd or 4th rounder.   Collins holds a 3rd round grade with the Scouts Inc folks.

At least, for now....

That's what I've been reading as well.  The surprising part is that these "gurus" are now sticking Collins and Hunt in the 1st round.  Kiper had already put Watson as our pick, so I wasn't shocked by that.  I think some scouts don't think Trufant should be in the first either.

That's what I've been reading as well.  The surprising part is that these "gurus" are now sticking Collins and Hunt in the 1st round.  Kiper had already put Watson as our pick, so I wasn't shocked by that.  I think some scouts don't think Trufant should be in the first either.

Personally, my non-scout view is Trufant has played and tested his way into the first round.

The other three, I'd feel more comfortable taking in the 2nd round.    Perhaps in the top of the 2nd round,  but not the first.

Just my view of things in early March....

Players I like for the COLTS style of play. If, When we draft one of them...?

LB Bostic = Brown > Jenkins > Collins > Thomas > Washington 

G Cooper > Warford > Pugh > Frederick > Winters > Hawkinson

C Schwenke > Holmes 

OT Watson > Jones > Wagner 

DB Rhodes > Trufant = Slay 

S Elam = Reid > Cyprien > Swearinger > Thomas > Motta > Evans 

DL Kwame Geathers > Montori Hughes

RBs Bell > Franklin > Taylor > Graham = Wood 

WRs Hopkins = Hunter > Rogers > Harper 

I'd be happy with Trufant. Hunt would be alright. 

Collins is not worth that 24 spot. I don't buy the hype in Watson. He's an early 2nd rounder at best and the Colts should look elsewhere.

How about Sheriff Floyd? Gil Brandt has him going like 26 and one guy has him going 3???? This draft is going to be wild I have a feeling

Shariff Floyd is the hottest name in the draft right now....   the 3 GMs on the NFL Network (Pioli, Tannenbaum, Casserly) all have him going in the top-5.    Floyd is also top-5 for both Kiper and McShay....    I think he might be 1st for Kiper right now....

Unless something unexpected happens, there's a zero percent chance he gets out of the top-10 and less than that that he falls to the Colts at 24.   Wish that weren't the case....

Shariff Floyd is the hottest name in the draft right now....   the 3 GMs on the NFL Network (Pioli, Tannenbaum, Casserly) all have him going in the top-5.    Floyd is also top-5 for both Kiper and McShay....    I think he might be 1st for Kiper right now....

Unless something unexpected happens, there's a zero percent chance he gets out of the top-10 and less than that that he falls to the Colts at 24.   Wish that weren't the case....

Ya, 6 weeks ago Floyd was in the 20's with most so called expert mock drafts I saw. Now he's soared to top 10 or top 5.

I just looked over these mock's again. Are they just throwing darts? I mean one guy has Bjorn Werner going 27? wth? Craziness. I wouldn't mind seeing Ansah fall into our lap. The more I hear of him the more I like of him. he played every position along the DL at BYU. He looks like a great prospect as a rush end/OLB

Personally, my non-scout view is Trufant has played and tested his way into the first round.

The other three, I'd feel more comfortable taking in the 2nd round. Perhaps in the top of the 2nd round, but not the first.

Just my view of things in early March....

I was listening to Charlie Casserley the other day and he said he would play well in press man scheme. But as far as man to man coverage itself he sayimg trufant didn't look good in the drill related to that at the combine. Basically saying he looked stiff in the hip and things were not very smooth. So its only one mans opinion but something to keep an eye on.