Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Mayock positional rankings

what does his kids have anything to do with it. he has to take care of them and football is the way he can provide

Come on....    you think having 4 kids from 3 different women by the time you're 21 is responsible?

You can't possibly think that....

It shows a lack of discipline and commitment.    The kind of stuff that carries over from your personal life to your professional life.

Come on....    you think having 4 kids from 3 different women by the time you're 21 is responsible?

It shows a lack of discipline and commitment.    The kind of stuff that carries over from your personal life to your professional life.

I have consistently consumed 4 beers in 3 six packs over the past 20 years...no kids though... 1 Super Bowl win and countless good times... I still feel like a 1st rounder...only if you buy the 2nd!!!!  Cheers.

I don't condone it, but surely you know this sort of thing is quite prevelant in the NFL.

I don't condone it, but surely you know this sort of thing is quite prevelant in the NFL.

I know it is....   but while some teams are willing to overlook it,  other teams -- like the Colts -- I don't think are....

Character is huge for Grigson.   

Look...   I don't know the lives of the 53 players on an active roster....  maybe some have some kids out of wedlock -- I don't know.    All I know is Grigson could not be more public about character being important to him.   And he passed on Jenkins in the 2nd round.    But even if all the kids from all the women wasn't THE most important issue,  it's just one more issue to go with the fights and the marijuana busts as the public issues that we know of.     As I said In another post,  there are likely other issues, more private,  that we don't know of...

We'll see how this plays out....   if Grigson signs guys like Andre Smith or Pacman Jones,  then perhaps he's re-thinking things....

Guess we'll all find out soon enough in the next few months.....

is he taking care of his kids? thats his responsibilty and if he is taking care of his kids thats all that matters. there aren't any reports saying that he isn't taking care of his kids, so im guessing that he is taking care of his kids and providing thats his responsibilty and committment right there. thats on him if he is going around sleeping with different women thats his life, as long as he takes care of his responsibilties which is his kids, as long as the marijuana charges and fights are a thing of the past as far as legal troubles go, who are we to tell this man how to live his life.

is he taking care of his kids? thats his responsibilty and if he is taking care of his kids thats all that matters. there aren't any reports saying that he isn't taking care of his kids, so im guessing that he is taking care of his kids and providing thats his responsibilty and committment right there

OK.....

We're getting no where on this one....     better to just agree to disagree on this issue....

OK.....

We're getting no where on this one....     better to just agree to disagree on this issue....

Justice had quite a bit of trouble himself at USC, Soliciting a prostitute and to which he plead guilty to and felony assault with a deadly weapon, we have guys on our team that dont have a squeaky clean past 

I know it is.... but while some teams are willing to overlook it, other teams -- like the Colts -- I don't think are....

Character is huge for Grigson.

Look... I don't know the lives of the 53 players on an active roster.... maybe some have some kids out of wedlock -- I don't know. All I know is Grigson could not be more public about character being important to him. And he passed on Jenkins in the 2nd round. But even if all the kids from all the women wasn't THE most important issue, it's just one more issue to go with the fights and the marijuana busts as the public issues that we know of. As I said In another post, there are likely other issues, more private, that we don't know of...

We'll see how this plays out.... if Grigson signs guys like Andre Smith or Pacman Jones, then perhaps he's re-thinking things....

Guess we'll all find out soon enough in the next few months.....

Yeah character mean a lot, but Grigson did give up 2nd round pick for a guy who showed up drunk at practice.

Yeah character mean a lot, but Grigson did give up 2nd round pick for a guy who showed up drunk at practice.

Wasn't drunk he just smelled of alcohol. That was so over blown....wil wolford totally laughed at that news....he said when he played for the Bills half the team would show up smelling like a bar after their weekly team night out.

Wasn't drunk he just smelled of alcohol. That was so over blown....wil wolford totally laughed at that news....he said when he played for the Bills half the team would show up smelling like a bar after their weekly team night out.

That's probably true. Still, I don't think Grigson is just going to pass over a guy because he has a few kids.

Justice had quite a bit of trouble himself at USC, Soliciting a prostitute and to which he plead guilty to and felony assault with a deadly weapon, we have guys on our team that dont have a squeaky clean past 

I'm afraid to ask (Mr. Justice) if he was assaulting the prostitute known as "Squeaky Clean" with a deadly weapon...sorry fans...a little levity.

I think the difference with Justice is this....

Grigson didn't draft Justice out of college.    But he did work with him at Philly.    When Grigson decided to acquire Justice, he had 5-6 years of experience with Justice and knew him as an adult and a professional.   I'm not aware of any 'issues' that Justice may have had off the field or in the locker-room while at Philadelphia. 

I'm not expecting Grigson to put together a 53-man roster of nothing but Boy Scouts.   I completely get that football is a game that attracts some level of social misfits and outcasts.    There will be some question marks on the Colts.   I really do get that.   Each player judged on his own merits.    There may be some exceptions to the rule.

I just know Grigson has taken a very high profile about how important character is to him.   So, I think it'll be weighed heavily.

And if he bypasses some players who have some character red-flags,  well then,  so be it....