Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bitter Sweet Super Bowl...Personal Story!

turner46992

So just to start this thread, I have 3 favorite teams, Colts 1, ravens 2, Flacons 3, Why the ravens because the first superbowl I remeber was the superbowl where the ravens won back in 2001 i believe. and the falcons because the first nfl madden game i bought was the one with Vick on the cover. Besides all that I had the ravens winning this because they were one of my favorites but because this is bitter sweet. When I was 7 years old Marshal Faulk held the football camp in Indy back in 1996 and my brother was apart of that, while he was out on the field I was in the practice facilty hitting tackle dummies as if they were enemies in a power ranger fighter( lets remeber i was only 7). Well, in that time a ball rolled about 10 yards from me Id say and i picked it up and handed it to 1 white guy and the guy asked who i was and my name is Justin Turner He said he come here this guys name is justin to. Justin Paul is who he was talking about , and there was a black guy, the black guy was Marvin Harrison...They invited me to play a game of catch with them until the youth training was over outside. so the guy who approched me at first was the one and only Jim Harbaugh and at that time i was just having fun, but my dad started to wonder where I went and seen I was playing catch with these guys and has told me for years I have played with 2 of the greatest colts players ever, now that can be argued but I am excited to say I want to see jim win this game but I am also glad one of my favorite teams win. That is the only memory I have of Jim as a colt and its one I share personally. Im glad the Ravens won but I really wanted to see Jim win this too. Now I leave the thread to you guys 

awesome story you were as lucky kid

you know, to be honest...I didnt see myself as luck I was just a kid you know, I was having fun and this happened and I was still just having fun you know. It was a good time I got there autographs and that was it but now knowing who these guys really were it means the world to me I just wish I could go back and embrace this more if possible 

awesome story you were as lucky kid

Jvan, I was honestly scared to share this story on here because i figured id get a negative response, I thought people would be like oh well prove this happened and I have no prove but a picture marshall was -forced- to take with the kids and my brother was one f them, in the picture marshal didnt even smile but thats all I got from that time besides my memory so im thankful you are one who takes this and sees it for what i assume i seen it for