Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Austin Collie

NCost12

Size of Body means nothing, Size of Heart is what matters. You can be a Big LB, but do you have the Heart to take on RB's coming at you? Body Build may play some part, but Mentality is the biggest. Just ask Wes Welker. Small, but he's not afraid to play with the big boys (seeing as how 85% of the NFL is "Big" to him haha )

I agree...but since I cannot talk to either of these kids to measure heart/character... I'm left with; a history of catching passes from luck in college and a history of concussions in the NFL. Both were on IR... I go with what luck knows...(And the reduced cost of whalen) Cannot predict future injuries with either... Which one will be the better value moving forward?  With Wayne, Hilton, Fleener, Allen, Etc...deserving catches, we cut costs and Collie.

They liked him so much they didn't even spend a draft pick on him.. Also 6'0 200 doesn't always equal 6'0 200. There is a lot more to it than that

And Alfred Morris was a 6th round pick?  Can't predict future success with anyone these days.  Burflict wasn't drafted...  Tom Brady a 6th round pick...  Right team right time...costs. Of course there is more to that...under the condition that both have similar abilities...I go with the one with more Andrew Luck experience.  The one that does not have a concussion history.  The one that is more cost effective for the amount of playing time.  Wayne, Hilton, Allen, Fleener, etc, etc, will get the bulk of the catches.

They liked him so much they didn't even spend a draft pick on him.. Also 6'0 200 doesn't always equal 6'0 200. There is a lot more to it than that

I didn't see many projecting him to be drafted. And seeing as he didn't fit the BA offense, spending a pick on him didn't make any sense when we had already done so much at WR. Being able to pick him up undrafted was just gravy, and now that we're switching to an offense he and Luck have a great deal of familiarity with it's a second helping.

Is he going to be #1 or 2? No. But don't be surprised to see him get more snaps than Brazil next season.

I liked this article. It looks like he is recovering well. I hope Colts get him back.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/doctor_is_astonished_with_austin_collies_recovery_from_knee_surgery/12162052

"Will the Colts still want him [in 2013]?..." If the Colts choose to part ways with Collie, could a reunion with Manning in Denver be worked out?"

GM Grigson is cutting Collie loose in INDY; Good luck finding work as a WR elsewhere. Too many hits, too many concussions, too many questions about his durability IMO. Unless Reggie Wayne convinces the GM to keep him at an organization discount I just don't see the value in retaining Collie here & I don't see several other NFL GMs offering him a huge contract either. Maybe a veteran minimum with heavy incentives if he reaches certain benchmarks in his contract. He's been off the field for far too long.