Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Not a fan of the ground and pound in todays nfl....

bluephantom87

NewColtsFan this was from Superman addressing me...

and my response to Superman

Now onto you NewColtsFan. I respect everyone's opinion on this board whether I agree or not. My reply to Superman was not a "stinging attack" as you put it. The response was because I thought Superman took a jab in his prior post. Forum Moderator or not I have a right to respond especially since it was addressed to me. I'm not new to the forum at all. I've been reading posts on this message board for YEARS but just started posting last year because I have a little more time on my hands with a new work schedule. So I am very aware of Superman and his football knowledge in which I agree with more times than not. I bleed blue and any Colt fan is like family to me including you but like all families everything is not always peachy. :)

Blue Phantom.....

Apologies for injecting myself into this conversation...   My only goal is to keep the conversation as civil as possible.   It's my view that some of the posters here get way too worked up talking smack, scoring points, knocking other posters...   it's part of the internet generation.

You're right, you're not new....  I saw less than 100 posts for you and thought you were new to the website.   But I see you've been here for more than a year.   My mistake.    I would hope you'd realize Superman doesn't take shots at posters.   I'm not sure I've ever seen him take one, and I think he's had plenty of opportunity.   He just doesn't take them. 

Superman doesn't need me to defend him, but he made a comment in response to you, basically saying, "tone is often hard to determine on the internet"....    and that is incredibly true.    Simple black and white text can be read a number of ways....  one can miss tone, and sarcasm,  and meaning, and intent....   all sorts of things...      Guess what I'm trying to say is....   give them the benefit of the doubt until you know for sure...   then,  respond as you see fit....

Anyway....   again,  my apologies...   I'll but out now....     (to the cheers of many I'm sure)

To Superman and NewColtsFan everything is all good!! I too enjoy a good football debate especially when it comes to the beloved Colts and like I stated before I consider Colts Nation like family. A lot of times I get the breaking news concerning the Colts right here on this forum. So whether your football knowledge is vast or just a little at the end of the day I feel everyone on this board brings something to the table (agreed upon or not) even if it's just an update. So once again cheers to you and the rest of Colt Nation!! :clap:  

I say that if you can't be stopped running the ball, then run until they stop it. You're going to score and keep the other team's offense off of the field.

If you have an effective running game it opens up more opportunities with the pass, while keeping your quarterback relatively healthy. You also limit the amount of drives that the opponent gets by dominating time of possession, therefore limiting their opportunities to score.

There are too many benefits from having an effective running attack to not do it.

My favorite moment of the whole season was the last drive against the Texans in the last game. We got the ball back with just under ten minutes to go in the game and ran the ball down the Texans throats. They could do nothing to stop it and never got the ball back. Win.