Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ijalana?

colts52761

When is the coaching staff planning on putting him in the starting line up?

I don't think the Colts have annouced a date. I will say this I watched him during the pre-season and frankly he was doing just okay with second and third stringers. I don't think he's ready yet and yes Link struggled today but that doesn't make Ijalana ready. I am sure if the Colts felt he was better they would put him out there. We are one starter short on the o-line right now, hopefully Ijalana develops into that but it's going to take time. Also for anyone thinking we should have kept Charlie Johnson he really struggled in today's game vs. the Chargers. I think that's one of those moves that is going to hurt at first but in the long run is going to work out for us.

Guys we have a very very very young line right now. There are going to be days like this right now. The last time we rebuilt the line was in 1997 and man Harbaugh took a pounding behind that line. They have to learn and you can't just keep flipping them around every week frankly that was a large part of the problem with the line last year way too much musical chairs. Also let's give some credit where credit is due, the Texans have made it a point to build one of the better pass rushing lines in football. Like it or not this is probably what should have happened. If the Browns tear apart Collins like this next week then it's time to be really concerned because they aren't what the Texans are when it comes to pass rushing. When Ijalana is ready he will play. Right now he doesn't look to be so just stay patient. One of the worst things you can do to a young guy is throw him out there before he's ready. The line is a work in progress. AC looked good tonight and frankly he's the important one because he's going to be the anchor of this line hopefully for the next 10 years or so.

what about Pollak at LG and Reitz move out to RT. I'm not saying i'm a big fan of Pollak, but i get tired of watching link struggle.

If only it were this easy. Some guys just don't move well along the line. And if someone is doing so well at LG (see: Reitz), you don't just take them out of that spot in hopes of hiding another guy.

If Ijalana were ready, the coaches would put him in. They watch him practice and play every day, we don't.