Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trailer's First Mock

2 Options:

1) Trade 1st round pick and and pick up 2 second rounders

1st Round: N/A

2nd Round: Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia

2nd Round: Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford  OR    a CB (whichever one of these 4 is available: Xavier Rhodes, David Amerson, Jordan Poyer, or Logan Ryan)

3rd Round (deal 6th rounder, and trade up): Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt

4th Round: Travis Long, OLB, Washington St. (unlikely)   OR    Brandan Bishop, S, NC St.

7th Round: Braden Wilson, FB, Kansas St.

2)
1st Round: Oday Aboushi
  • OT, Virginia 6'6 315 pounds--Kind of a reach, but OT is an issue that needs to be solved. Outstanding Pass Protector, Good Run Blocker. Should be able to compete with Castonzo for LT spot

3rd Round: Darius Slay

• CB, Miss St.6'1, 190 pounds--Great Man-Cover DB, potential of becoming a great #2 CB

4th Round: Philip Thomas

• S, Fresno St. 6'1, 215 pounds--Great hands and good tackler. Kinda unrealistic, but if a trade is necessary to move up the 4th, we should do it

6th Round: Dan Buckner

• WR, Arizona St. 6'4, 215 pounds--Does everything good. Nothing elite except for size. Possession-type WR

7th Round: Nathan Williams

• OLB, Ohio St. 6'3, 260 pounds--Incosistent. Has Good potential, though. A typical 7th Round pick, however

Another made up scenario...what is the point?

Aren't all mock drafts if you don't own the top over all pick kinda made up scenarios since we have no way of knowing what trades will go down and who will be drafted before the Colts pick and that's not even factoring in what they do with their cap money before the draft?  IE if we sign two guards and a tackle before the draft the chances we go o-line with our first round pick goes down a lot. 

Aren't all mock drafts if you don't own the top over all pick kinda made up scenarios since we have no way of knowing what trades will go down and who will be drafted before the Colts pick and that's not even factoring in what they do with their cap money before the draft?  IE if we sign two guards and a tackle before the draft the chances we go o-line with our first round pick goes down a lot. 

Picking @ 24 is not a made uo scenario. Chances of getting the pick correct aren't that high, but making up trades just makes it ridiculous

I don't like made up trades either, but everybody else must like it cause it's all over the place.  

I do like the Darius Slay pick mainly because I'm a Miss. State guy and secondly because Banks gets all the attention even though Slay has been invited to the combine as well.  They both have good size.

Not a fan of drafting a RT this draft. He's a reach there. Maybe if Fisher falls to us, but I'd rather fix RT through FA.

Amerson is not an NFL CB. We could move him to FS and Bethea to SS.

We don't need a FB.

Oday projects to a better LT than Castonzo, simply because he's a better pass blocker. Fix the ends through the draft and the beef in FA.

I don't like made up trades either, but everybody else must like it cause it's all over the place.  

I do like the Darius Slay pick mainly because I'm a Miss. State guy and secondly because Banks gets all the attention even though Slay has been invited to the combine as well.  They both have good size.

I'd say that he's more compact of a player than Banks, though Banks obviously has a better upside. He's not as fast but quick enough. 

Mocking goodness.

1. Jenkins (NT) or Banks (DB)

3. Warford (G) 

4. Kwame Geathers (NT) 355lbs...

5. TJ McDonald or Lester (S)

6. DB

FA: Long (OL) 

Forget about Jenkins. He sucks, end of story. Banks ain't gonna last past #20. Warford might move up the boards to the 2nd round, but if he's available, taking a flyer is a good idea. Can we stop with more NT? We have Chapman and McKinnie, and I wanna give Chapman a shot before we draft ANOTHER NT. Lester won't last into the 5 round, and MacDonald is USC trash. And I'd rather draft an OT than sign one for a $80 Mill contract. 

1.Okafor

3.Travis Frederick if by wild chance he falls to the late 3rd 

4.Joe Vellano-some project him to be a 4-3 NT but I believe he would fit in real good as a 3-4 DE 

Dont know what other picks we will get but Ideally I'd like to have a crack at Brandan Bishop and Dan Buckner

1.Okafor

3.Travis Frederick if by wild chance he falls to the late 3rd 

4.Joe Vellano-some project him to be a 4-3 NT but I believe he would fit in real good as a 3-4 DE 

Dont know what other picks we will get but Ideally I'd like to have a crack at Brandan Bishop and Dan Buckner

Not a fan of getting Okafor. Frederick won't last into the late 3rd round. Vellano in the 4th is reaching a little bit. 

Forget about Jenkins. He sucks, end of story. Banks ain't gonna last past #20. Warford might move up the boards to the 2nd round, but if he's available, taking a flyer is a good idea. Can we stop with more NT? We have Chapman and McKinnie, and I wanna give Chapman a shot before we draft ANOTHER NT. Lester won't last into the 5 round, and MacDonald is USC trash. And I'd rather draft an OT than sign one for a $80 Mill contract. 

Thanks.  I always wonder where "football know-it-all guys" get your information...especially for "mock drafting"?  The "experts" rarely get these predictions correct. Mock and let mock...  Mocking allows one to gather an idea of where the fans stand on the team needs from a position standpoint...not necessarily...a player standpoint.  You must be married and need to finally get a word in...if so...okay I get it. Ball on...

Thanks.  I always wonder where "football know-it-all guys" get your information...especially for "mock drafting"?  The "experts" rarely get these predictions correct. Mock and let mock...  Mocking allows one to gather an idea of where the fans stand on the team needs from a position standpoint...not necessarily...a player standpoint.  You must be married and need to finally get a word in...if so...okay I get it. Ball on...

My bad if I offended you. Those are just my gut feelings. I could very well be wrong. 

Not a fan of drafting a RT this draft. He's a reach there. Maybe if Fisher falls to us, but I'd rather fix RT through FA.

Amerson is not an NFL CB. We could move him to FS and Bethea to SS.

We don't need a FB.

I'd rather keep Bethea at FS and take either Elam or Vacarro in the 1st or at a push Rambo in the 4th. One thing I think most of us can agree on is that our first round pick CAN NOT be a reach.