Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Players I Want to See More of Next Season

Smonroe

Whalen - the kid looked like he played "bigger" than his size in the preseason.  I don't know if he can stay healthy, but if so I believe he beats out Avery.

Robert Hughes - Or at least a true FB.  I know that position doesn't really fit into much of our O, but I love having a guy like that to plow the way for short yardage and catch a pass now and then.

Chapman - no need to add more, we have multiple threads on him already.

Ijalana - I know it's a long shot that he stays on the roster, or maybe plays again.  It would be great if he could reach his potential.

These are guys on our IR.  There are players on the 53 like Lefeged and Butler who probably deserve more time.  Westerman may have a future too.

Then there are guys that will be FAs that we'd love to get, but that's another thread.

Whalen - the kid looked like he played "bigger" than his size in the preseason.  I don't know if he can stay healthy, but if so I believe he beats out Avery.

Robert Hughes - Or at least a true FB.  I know that position doesn't really fit into much of our O, but I love having a guy like that to plow the way for short yardage and catch a pass now and then.

Chapman - no need to add more, we have multiple threads on him already.

Ijalana - I know it's a long shot that he stays on the roster, or maybe plays again.  It would be great if he could reach his potential.

These are guys on our IR.  There are players on the 53 like Lefeged and Butler who probably deserve more time.  Westerman may have a future too.

Then there are guys that will be FAs that we'd love to get, but that's another thread.

I agree and want to see Whalen healthy along with Chapman and  see what they can do.

Think it is time to cut our loses on Ijalana,  Castanzo healed up and has played well.  Don't see Ijalana staying healthy.

Like to see more production and threat from Fleener as well.

Think next year will show advancement and improvement with timing and production from all.

I want to see more out of Brazill, Whalen, Chapman, and I would like to see more consistent hands by TY.

I agree. I think Brazil will turn out very solid in time. Chapman u never know how he will heal up but I like how they handled it. I'm huge on seeing Whalen g again, I like the way he snags the ball. I will really be glad to see any 3 other olineman come in and play guard/s and RT.

We should also have a thread for "players I want to see the least next year", lol :)

On a serious note, I do think it may not be a bad idea to go after a big bodied wideout for sure hands if Collie is not re-signed or retires. Yeah, everyone says Whalen but I do think we need some sure hands for a possession wideout to move the chains, that is one thing we will miss about Collie, his sure hands, and someone with experience, even as a No.3 will not hurt.