Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Record For Drops In a Half

dw49

If there is such a stat , we had to smash it to smitherens today. Does anyone have a count ?  Anyway , nice to have Luck make it through this year without having to rehab some major injury. Amazing that he came out in one piece.

I'll go and count later, but there was at least 5 in the whole game. My best guess is around 7 official drops this game.

Avery had 2, Reggie had 2, TY had 1, Ballard had 1. That's what I know, I'll go look back for more.

Bad WR and O-line play.. and Luck's accuracy needs improvement.

It will, I notice when he has time to throw today gets his feet set he is incredibly accurate. The OL is just so horrendous he has to roll out, duck, bob and eventually get himself out of harms way it seem on 80-90% of plays. Our OL and the Eagles OL are amongst some of the worst I've seen.

I'll go and count later, but there was at least 5 in the whole game. My best guess is around 7 official drops this game.

Avery had 2, Reggie had 2, TY had 1, Ballard had 1. That's what I know, I'll go look back for more.

I wouldn't worry about it, what difference does it make? We lost fair and square....

I wouldn't worry about it, what difference does it make? We lost fair and square....

I'm not worrying about it, the guy asked a question and I'm answering it. Plus, I need to know this stuff for my Colts Recap after.

?

Solving the first two things you listed (especially the second one) would fix the third by default.

Luck is strong and is fast for a QB.. but he has thrown many passes that where way off target this year..(Interceptions).. even when he has had time to throw. I know it's blasphemy to speak that way of Luck in here to most.. but it's the truth.

Luck is strong and is fast for a QB.. but he has thrown many passes that where way off target this year..(Interceptions).. even when he has had time to throw. I know it's blasphemy to speak that way of Luck in here to most.. but it's the truth.

He has the worst pass protection of any QB in the NFL. Good lord the EAGLES look like world beaters by comparison.

The Colts went 11-5, but let's put  the record aside. Luck somehow SURVIVED behind this line. That's something I'm confident most QB's in this league could not hope to do.

I'll give him a pass for most of his INT's/incompletions this season. When you needed a game winning drive, he stood tall knowing full well he'd get killed and delivered the ball down the field.

He has the worst pass protection of any QB in the NFL. Good lord the EAGLES look like world beaters by comparison.

The Colts went 11-5, but let's put  the record aside. Luck somehow SURVIVED behind this line. That's something I'm confident most QB's in this league could not hope to do.

I'll give him a pass for most of his INT's/incompletions this season. When you needed a game winning drive, he stood tall knowing full well he'd get killed and delivered the ball down the field.

So.. Basically your saying Luck bears no fault at all?

Sure he does. He's not perfect. I'm saying he did pretty darn good considering his line is beyond putrid. I doubt many QB's could do better.

Teams with lines comparable to our level of ineptitude this season:

Jets

Cardinals

Steelers

Eagles

We've seen how far they all went. And one of them has a pretty good QB with Roethlisberger.

There's Green Bay where Rodgers has a poor pass blocking line. Of course, he's Aaron Rodgers. He was able to lead them over Adrian Peterson...I mean the Vikings in the wild card. He's gonna have a heck of a mountain to climb from San Fran on, though.

Anyone that thought Luck's accuracy was a big issue in todays game is maybe looking for a robot. Now if you are talking about the 3-4 game stretch where he was throwing high due to some faulty footwork , that's a different story. Luck threw the ball incredibly well today considering the play of the O line and receivers. But be glad to entertain what you have for us. Just what throws are you thinking he had time and an open receiver that he missed. Not to say he had a "perfect game" but he threw the ball very well under tremendous pressure. 

From an outsiders perspective I thought Luck played really well considering the O line was below average and a lot of drops by the receivers. I thought the 4th and 1 play call was atrocious. I mean you have one yard to go, a 230 lb QB or a big back and you throw it? Tom Brady would have done a QB sneak. I was expecting a more brutal game, 2 picks and below 50%. 

I didn't see any problems with accuracy except maybe the two deep balls. Looked like he put a little too much air under it but even if it was on target, who knows if they would be caught. 

My honest opinion is the Colts lost the game because of terrible play calling on 1st and 2nd down. Can't keep putting a young QB in continuous 3rd down situations over and over. Not to mention everyone in america knew the Colts were going to run it on 2nd down. They ran it on 2nd down way too much and that's why there were so many 3rd downs. Sub par play calling IMO. 

From an outsiders perspective I thought Luck played really well considering the O line was below average and a lot of drops by the receivers. I thought the 4th and 1 play call was atrocious. I mean you have one yard to go, a 230 lb QB or a big back and you throw it? Tom Brady would have done a QB sneak. I was expecting a more brutal game, 2 picks and below 50%. 

I didn't see any problems with accuracy except maybe the two deep balls. Looked like he put a little too much air under it but even if it was on target, who knows if they would be caught. 

My honest opinion is the Colts lost the game because of terrible play calling on 1st and 2nd down. Can't keep putting a young QB in continuous 3rd down situations over and over. Not to mention everyone in america knew the Colts were going to run it on 2nd down. They ran it on 2nd down way too much and that's why there were so many 3rd downs. Sub par play calling IMO. 

I thought the deep throw to Brazil was right on the money if he had just continued the route instead of stopping , turning and jumping.

Tom Brady would have done a QB sneak.

Things that work well with the best line in football don't work at all with the worst line in football. That's one of them.

Luck would be pushed back even though he we weighs 230. It doesn't help when your center bobs his head every time he's about to snap the ball/hand it off.

If anything, should have just tried to run it.

I thought the deep throw to Brazil was right on the money if he had just continued the route instead of stopping , turning and jumping.

I agree. Seems like he jumped too early, probably because the defender had jumped in front of him. I definitely thought that if he had taken just one more step that would have been a completion.

I agree. Seems like he jumped too early, probably because the defender had jumped in front of him. I definitely thought that if he had taken just one more step that would have been a completion.

Yea , that's how I saw it too. But I'm glad Luck played OK and didn't suffer any injury. We just had too many holes to go far in the post season anyway.