Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stats for rookie of the year

TheJACKCOLT

#12  Andrew Luck    com/att     yards     tds     int     pct

339/627     4,374     23     18    54.1     273.3

#10  RGIII               258/393     3,200     20      5      65.6     213.3

# 3   R. Wilson        252/393     3,118     26     10     64.1     194.8

Colts 2011 record     2012 record     win/diff

#12       2-14                  11-5              +9

#10       5-11                  10-6             +5

# 3        7-9                    11-5             +4

offensive line rank per Football focus

# 12- Colts- Luck #32   worst in NFL

#10- Griffin- Redskins #17

# 3- Wlson- Seahawks #10

Offensive line     qb/sacked     qb/hit     qb/hurried

#12- Luck              35                59          200

#10- Griffin            23                26          111

# 3- Wilson            16                22          112

Rushing attack

#12- Luck- Colts            # 22     1.671 yards

#10- Griffin-Redskins    # 1        2,709 yards

#3 - Wilson-Seahawks  # 3        2,579 yards

dropped passes

#12- Luck- Colts          44

#10- Griffin-Redskins   35

# 3- Wilson-Seahawks 22

Defensive rank

#12- Luck- Colts          # 26

#10-Griffin-Redskins   # 28

# 3-Wilson-Seahawks  # 4

Turnover diff

#12- Luck- Colts           #26  -12

#10 -Griffin-redskins     # 3  +17

# 3-Wilson-Seahawks   #4   +13

Griffin and Wilson came into a much better situation than Luck did. I'm not trying to downplay anything that Griffin and Wilson have done, they have been great for their teams, but they have had a lot more to work with, than Luck has had. The biggest difference is in the offensive lines and the running games. I think Alred Morris has a lot more to do with the Redskins success than Griffin has, the game Griffin missed the Redskins didn't skip a lick (with another rookie quarterback). I would consider Morris for rookie of the year ahead of Griffin or Wilson. Griffin and Wilson are asked not to lose the game, where as Luck is asked to go out and win the game. The easiest play for a quarterback is the play-action pass, which is set up by a great running attack, it is a low risk play and a quarterbacks best friend, a good offensive line and a great running attack makes a quarterbacks job really easy, it freezes the linebackers and allows low risk throws and takes all the pressure off the quarterback. Luck has not had this luxury,he has had all the pressure put on his shoulders. The Colts have been running the ball better, but for the most part, the play-action pass has been nonexistent in the Colts offense. With improvement to the offensive line in the offseason this will be luxury Luck will have next season. I think its obvious, Luck has done a lot more with a lot less help, but the national media is in love with Griffin who, as I stated earlier is not even the best rookie on his own team. I couldn't believe all the love Collinsworth was giving Griffin last night when it was obvious, that Morris was doing all the work, whether Luck wins rookie of the year or not, I'm just glad that we have him as a quarterback of the future, because I believe he is head and shoulders above Griffin or Wilson.I think if you put Luck on the Redskins or the Seahawks,( with the other parts they have) that they would have homefield advantage throughout the playoffs, and if you were to put Griffin or Wilson on the Colts, we may be picking first in the draft again this year, and like I said earlier, thats not me putting down Griffin or Wilson, its just how different I believe the situations are for these young quarterbacks. This is just my opinion, take it for what its worth.

Four weeks ago if you had asked me, if the Colts had a chance to win a playoff game, I probably would have said no, but after seeing the Colts finally play a complete game Sunday, I believe that the Baltimore game is winnable. It wont be easy, but I believe, if they can control Rice and play turnover free, they can win this game. Going any deeper than that. will take the Colts playing out of their minds, but we have already seen them do this, a couple of times this year, so who knows, either way this has been a great time to be a Colts fan.   "GO COLTS" 

Eh, whoever wins it, deserves to win it.  I hope it's Luck but I don't think anyone will be surprised if it's RG3.

As always, stats don't tell the true story.  They're just numbers on paper (or a computer screen).  You can only see who means the most to their team by watching the games.

Our D was statistically the worst in the league going into the game yesterday.  I wonder if Shaub saw it that way?

This team defies any explanation for how they are 11-5, you got to love it. So much heart and just refuse to lose. They have amnesia, they can screw up so bad, and then just forget about it, and go out and keep, keeping on, until they win the game. I've never seen anything like it.

I uploaded a video showing the brutality of Luck, you can hear the crack as he causes a chain reaction that knocks down 3 Texans defenders.  We don't want to see this happen often but Luck is a freaking monster as he shoves #98 into #59 who in return causes #53 to fall.  Rivals his hit against Shareece Wright hit.  This kid is unbelievably tough.  Never seen an NFL QB do anything like that.  You can hear the crack at the 10 second mark. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IITitDgwXZ8

Appreciate the effort you put into this.

Here's the deal though, the fact of the matter is, the rookie of the year award and its winner is and should be irrelevant to people. It will not affect either of their careers, and guess what, all the best players in the NFL today, Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Calvin, Foster, did not win the ROY award. So, it doesn't mean that that player is the best. Think about, who cares who wins? It's an award. 

Personally, I'll only be watching the MVP award, because that's the only one that has any significance and is recognized amongst the football community. No one ever talks about "How many OPOY awards did he win" or "Did he win the ROY award?" They ask about the MVP.

So, to recap, STOP WORRYING SO MUCH ABOUT THE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR AND ITS WINNER!! If it's Luck, then good for him, if it's RG3, then good for him, if it's WIlson, good for him... It doesn't matter who wins.