Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are the Packers underrated?

Jules

They started the year shaky and the Colts punked them down 21-3. And then the injuries got out of control for the Pack. And still are at times as they slowly try to get guys back.

I am actually more impressed with Rodgers at times this year then over last year. They would be dead without him this season while last year I think Flynn could have stepped in at times if needed.

The o line has been dreadful for the Pack at times this year.

They clinched the NFC North and possibly their biggest hurdle it seems in the Giants might not even make it in now.

The Pack probably when healthy have a fighting chance vs. the 49ers and certainly Atlanta.

Do the 2012 Packers remind anyone else of the 2010 Packers at times?

I'd quote your post directly, but that will result in digital gibberish all over the place so I'll refrain lol.

Right now the Packers are like the Giants-lite. Very up and down. Sometimes they look unreal. Sometimes they look very beatable.

They are no where near a roller coaster NY is though. And when you got Arron Rodgers you have a shot with any team in the league.

Yeah I am not saying GB goes to the SB. I just feel as if I have been overlooking them a lot this season too and they have not gotten the media attention compared to last year. But, quietly they could be a threat I feel IF they are reasonably healthy in the playoffs.

I can be a Rodgers homer at times too so forgive me. :)

This team did bug me greatly though vs. the Giants this year. I felt like they quit early.

Honestly, I dont think they're a real threat this year. In 2010, they were lighting people up when they won. they havnt been doing that much this year at all except vs houston. It's always a struggle for them to win. I think the 49ers, falcons, and the redskins probably are the most dangerous right now.

In the regular season? I don't think they were for many games. I remember some they did but I also remember more defensive struggles. Like when they played the Jets/Lions/Bears. It was not until they nearly upset NE with Flynn that I think I felt they had something.

Its kinda crazy but I really prefer this years Packers over last years. There is more grit to me. More adversity. Last year they were like the 2005 Colts in many ways.

Jules lol.....you need to just hook up with Rodgers already. It's been a long time coming.

I'd probably put them and SF in the NFC Championship game, but I feel SF is gonna pull through. Although with the way the league is going this year I wouldn't be surprised to see a Bengals/Vikings SB to be honest. One week the Giants are all the rage and the next they might not even be in the playoffs it seems.

The Packers are underrated. I'm telling you, they could beat the hell out of Atlanta like they did in 2010, just don't tell anyone I said that.

If Aaron has another game like he did in 2010 there I might go insane.

And if Luck has another game like he did vs. the Packers this year I might explode.

If Aaron has another game like he did in 2010 there I might go insane.

And if Luck has another game like he did vs. the Packers this year I might explode.

Atlanta is waiting to get blown out.

I've been very vocal about Kevin Gilbride for years, but you have to admit the Giants offense is very predictable. I hate even knowing that Gilbride is a success over there after how god awful the Oilers would play in the playoffs after genius Bud Adams fired Glanville as coach.

I know for the last few years the team that stomped Atlanta won the Super Bowl. If GB beats Atlanta, I'd pick them over NE in the big dance.

Packers are a team that does not panic. They never get blown out in losses, a hallmark of a good team, IMO.

If they can run like they have been running recently, the Falcons' weakness is run D. A mobile QB that is accurate gives the Falcons fits. Not a running QB but a QB that buys time in the pocket and deliver it accurately under duress. Rodgers, Brees fit the bill, and Cam Newton at Carolina did a lot of that too.

The Packers' main issue might be the seeding spot. Heck, the way the Cowboys are playing, I can see Romo and the Cowboys taking the Falcons down in Atlanta.

We could have a classic 49ers/Cowboys or 49ers/Packers NFCCG.

Packers are a team that does not panic. They never get blown out in losses, a hallmark of a good team, IMO.

If they can run like they have been running recently, the Falcons' weakness is run D. A mobile QB that is accurate gives the Falcons fits. Not a running QB but a QB that buys time in the pocket and deliver it accurately under duress. Rodgers, Brees fit the bill, and Cam Newton at Carolina did a lot of that too.

The Packers' main issue might be the seeding spot. Heck, the way the Cowboys are playing, I can see Romo and the Cowboys taking the Falcons down in Atlanta.

We could have a classic 49ers/Cowboys or 49ers/Packers NFCCG.

I mentioned in another thread that I wondered if the tragedy has brought together this Cowboys team more.

I am sorry to the Skins fans here and the RG3 club but I want the Cowboys in the playoffs now. I always feel they have a playoff run in them and it never happens.

The Cowboys just have to win out right? How does this work in the NFC East since they are all tied?

I mentioned in another thread that I wondered if the tragedy has brought together this Cowboys team more.

I am sorry to the Skins fans here and the RG3 club but I want the Cowboys in the playoffs now. I always feel they have a playoff run in them and it never happens.

The Cowboys just have to win out right? How does this work in the NFC East since they are all tied?

If the Cowboys win out, due to the Giants' bad loss to the Eagles earlier and Redskins recently, their division record would be better because they would be beating the Redskins in the final home game while winning out. The shoe is on the other foot, like the Giants beating the Cowboys to win the NFC East and No.4 seed last year :)

Jules, the pattern emerges again if the Cowboys make the SB. :) (ducks and hides :hide: )

Jules, the pattern emerges again if the Cowboys make the SB. :) (ducks and hides :hide: )

*sits back and puts arms behind head and thinks*

Could it...no. I mean the Cowboys....

:eek:

Think about it. If the Skins get in it is not them with the rookie QB right? I don't trust them to go on a long playoff run either. Same with us. We could only likely get so far with a rookie QB.

The Cowboys as this years Giants?

Chad this is genius!

Hey Bogie, "BOSS"!!!!!!!!!!!(aka Romo)

Oh wait, I was on the Boys wagon early in the regular season anyway. Then I forgot about them. Now they are back.

Hmmm.......

I was going based on who fit the pattern, and it was an NFC East team. :)

Just like the Toy Story creatures shout out "The Claws", I shout out "The NFC East Pattern". :)

I was going based on who fit the pattern, and it was an NFC East team. :)

Just like the Toy Story creatures shout out "The Claws", I shout out "The NFC East Pattern". :)

Oh of course, the NFC East pattern as you and I know has been painfully lethal. But, will this be the year it breaks? Like the song "the sound of silence,"

"Hello NFC East pattern my old friend,

I have come to talk with you again."

I really have strong doubts the Giants could do it two years in a row. And the Skins? Doubts, obviously.

That leaves us with Dallas if they get in. If not I think it could be broken this year.

xlarge.jpg

I'd quote your post directly, but that will result in digital gibberish all over the place so I'll refrain lol.

Right now the Packers are like the Giants-lite. Very up and down. Sometimes they look unreal. Sometimes they look very beatable.

They are no where near a roller coaster NY is though. And when you got Arron Rodgers you have a shot with any team in the league.

Took the words right out of my mouth......peaking at the right time....Seattle is MASHING teams too......I love watching the Seahawks.....(There I said it...first time in my life :))   :wtg:  :lol:

Took the words right out of my mouth......peaking at the right time....Seattle is MASHING teams too......I love watching the Seahawks.....(There I said it...first time in my life :))   :wtg:  :lol:

Overated no that one goes to NE in my opinion,Greenbay is getting healthy at the right time,could make some waves in playoffs,whats not to like about Seahawks its a young SMASHMOUTH team,.I like SF and the Broncos right now,but anything can happen

Overated no that one goes to NE in my opinion,Greenbay is getting healthy at the right time,could make some waves in playoffs,whats not to like about Seahawks its a young SMASHMOUTH team,.I like SF and the Broncos right now,but anything can happen

I agree....but those Seahawks have put up 40 plus 2 of the last three weeks....I would not want to play them.....Good call on NE....N Lubricant needed...for my 75 van  :yahoo:  :funny:

Greebay lost to Colts. Real Superbowl contenders don't lose to teams like this Colts team.

No harm in losing to a 9-5 team on the road. :)

It is not who you play, it is when you play them. Packers are in better rhythm offensively now and are protecting Rodgers a bit better as well. Biggest difference from before, IMO.

Same with Broncos - if they played the Texans or Falcons later in the year, chances are, the game outcome could have been different.

No harm in losing to a 9-5 team on the road. :)

It is not who you play, it is when you play them. Packers are in better rhythm offensively now and are protecting Rodgers a bit better as well. Biggest difference from before, IMO.

Same with Broncos - if they played the Texans or Falcons later in the year, chances are, the game outcome could have been different.

But for any top-4 teams if they can select a wildcard team to play they will select Colts without thinking. Colts beat only one team with winning record, which was the Packers. Colts got blown out by Patriots and got manhandled by the Bears and Texans. We are certainly the worse playoff team this year.

On the other hand, if Colts could choose to play any of the top4 teams (both conferences), I believe we have the best chance to beat the Packers. Colts most significant weaknesses are the inside of OL and DL. Quality opponents can over-power us at these positions and win easily. Ironically Packers have the same problems and Colts could match up just fine against them.

The year GB won the Super Bowl, they lost to the Lions. Losing to the Colts I don't think is a problem seeing they are sitting on a 9-5 record.

GB looks like the team that sneaks in the playoffs that everyone has forgot about, while everyone drools over Manning and Houston in the AFC, and everyone is in love with Atlanta and Frisco, who knows, the Packers could really shock the world again. They are playing good football. The team that beats down Atlanta will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl, as they have the last 2 years in a row, and if it's GB, I'd put everything on them to walk away with it.

Yup, GB & the Seahawks are lethal right now. If Seattle & GB get to play a game or 2 at home in the Playoffs watch out...Peyton finally has a solid defense again....#18 hasn't had that since 2005/2006...Nice to see that again...DC Jack Del Rio is doing a marvelous job...

Yup, GB & the Seahawks are lethal right now. If Seattle & GB get to play a game or 2 at home in the Playoffs watch out...Peyton finally has a solid defense again....#18 hasn't had that since 2005/2006...Nice to see that again...DC Jack Del Rio is doing a marvelous job...

I agree with you Brother,IMO Jack is a very good DC indeed,and i really like this Seahawks team

Are they underrated?  No, injuries hurt them early but like the Patriots they seem to hit their stride in time for the playoffs.

But who will win the NFC, I think the Niners made that pretty clear last night--and next year they'll be even better.

Peyton finally has a solid defense again....#18 hasn't had that since 2005/2006...Nice to see that again...DC Jack Del Rio is doing a marvelous job...

Yes and the first time since then that he has some real running game. The first time in over half a decade that he does not need to carry the team all by his own.

Del Rio for the first time can relax and feel good when watching Manning destroy a defense. 

The year GB won the Super Bowl, they lost to the Lions. Losing to the Colts I don't think is a problem seeing they are sitting on a 9-5 record.

GB looks like the team that sneaks in the playoffs that everyone has forgot about, while everyone drools over Manning and Houston in the AFC, and everyone is in love with Atlanta and Frisco, who knows, the Packers could really shock the world again. They are playing good football. The team that beats down Atlanta will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl, as they have the last 2 years in a row, and if it's GB, I'd put everything on them to walk away with it.

As you and I both know and knew at the time, GB needed to be knocked down a peg when they came to Indy. We like our Pack at times, but they were getting too cocky since the Giants playoff loss and the constant "we beat ourselves" mentality all the time instead of realizing they sometimes just got beaten.

Besides, the 2006 Colts lost to the crappy Texans/Titans/Jags on the road the year they won it all and the Cowboys.

GB's two biggest weaknesses for fans seem to be o line and their kicking issues.

Actually in some ways the 2012 Pack remind me of the 2006 Colts and the 2011 Pack the 2005 Colts. The 2011 Pack like the 2005 Colts were SB faves with the best record in the league with a high powered offense. Both started 13-0 before falling to an AFC West team and then had a death of a coaches son.

The 2006 Colts were the third seed at 12-4 and GB could finish 12-4 as well. And I think both teams started the year as the favorites in their conferences. The Pack are not thought of as highly as the Falcons/49ers heading into the playoffs and sometimes Seattle. In 2006 the Colts were not thought of as highly as the Chargers/Ravens and sometimes NE.

And the 2006 Colts got a huge spark back when Bob Sanders returned for the playoffs. The 2012 Pack will get a huge spark back when/if Charles Woodson returns. Woodson hopes to return for the playoffs or before.

The 2005 Colts lost to the eventual SB Champ Steelers in the divisional round who got hot at the right time. The 2011 Pack lost to the eventual SB Champ Giants in the divisional round who got hot at the right time.

Peyton Manning ironically was a bit underrated in the 2006 regular season IMO. The attention seemed to go elsewhere. Aaron Rodgers is a bit underrated in 2012, the attention seems to go elsewhere.

Not saying the Pack do win it all this year, but I certainly would not count them out either.

As you and I both know and knew at the time, GB needed to be knocked down a peg when they came to Indy. We like our Pack at times, but they were getting too cocky since the Giants playoff loss and the constant "we beat ourselves" mentality all the time instead of realizing they sometimes just got beaten.

Besides, the 2006 Colts lost to the crappy Texans/Titans/Jags on the road the year they won it all and the Cowboys.

GB's two biggest weaknesses for fans seem to be o line and their kicking issues.

Actually in some ways the 2012 Pack remind me of the 2006 Colts and the 2011 Pack the 2005 Colts. The 2011 Pack like the 2005 Colts were SB faves with the best record in the league with a high powered offense. Both started 13-0 before falling to an AFC West team and then had a death of a coaches son.

The 2006 Colts were the third seed at 12-4 and GB could finish 12-4 as well. And I think both teams started the year as the favorites in their conferences. The Pack are not thought of as highly as the Falcons/49ers heading into the playoffs and sometimes Seattle. In 2006 the Colts were not thought of as highly as the Chargers/Ravens and sometimes NE.

And the 2006 Colts got a huge spark back when Bob Sanders returned for the playoffs. The 2012 Pack will get a huge spark back when/if Charles Woodson returns. Woodson hopes to return for the playoffs or before.

Peyton Manning ironically was a bit underrated in the 2006 regular season IMO. The attention seemed to go elsewhere. Aaron Rodgers is a bit underrated in 2012, the attention seems to go elsewhere.

Not saying the Pack do win it all this year, but I certainly would not count them out either.

yeah that's the hard part about GB, they can be smug and arrogant and I hate that with a team. You want the humble guys, not the ones yelling how they beat themselves.

They still have another weakness it's called Jermichael Finley. I cannot believe he got that big contract. They seriously need to trade him.

Another weakness is the passing defense. They look good one week but I'm not forgetting last year when those guys looked absolutely clueless out there getting shredded for 300-400 yards a week, then Stafford totally lit them up for 500 at the end of last year.

I would cut ties with Finley and start Crabtree at TE. At least he don't drop 15+ passes a year. I'll never forget that 3rd down and 10 play last year. It was 13-20, Giants, the Pack were still in the game. 3rd and 10 and Rodgers swings it to Finley who drops a first down. They go it for and he gets sacked, game over. They pretty much rewarded Finley for that play with his big contract.

Sure looks like they are heating up at the right time. And unlike last year they have something to play for in the final week. They beat the Vikings (which may not be easy at all) and they can get the second seed.

I feel the bye week might be important to this team. Guys like Woodson will have a shot to get healthier with more time off.